The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Hybrid build for Pvp no cp

Magicwillow
Hello guys, could you help me to find a good PvP Build hybrid (Magicka + stamina), Spellsword like with either dual wield or two handed and a staff.
I have been searching on youtube and other website but either the builds are totaly outdated or it dont feet at all what im looking for.
I dont know what class to pick up for this kind of build, i was thinking to nightblade. Dark elf for sure and vampire. Any idea?
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @TBois has something you could consider a hybrid build. He's not really stacking both resources but an Overload build that makes clever use of a hybrid combination of buff/debuffs and CC using 2H (or bow a later vid) and Ice Staff.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=3IaBTq5elfE&ab_channel=T-BoisGames

Maybe this is interesting for you.

I will add my thoughts on classic hybrids later. I'm a bit in a hurry.
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Spell sword" used to work with DW Torug's Pact + Elemental weapon, but that ended when they nerfed enchantments. It was also very clunky.
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello guys, could you help me to find a good PvP Build hybrid (Magicka + stamina), Spellsword like with either dual wield or two handed and a staff.
    I have been searching on youtube and other website but either the builds are totaly outdated or it dont feet at all what im looking for.
    I dont know what class to pick up for this kind of build, i was thinking to nightblade. Dark elf for sure and vampire. Any idea?

Spit balling.
    I like dark elf sorcerer.

Sorcerer has dark deal AND power surge.

A little synergy with masters 2h (hybrid can still reasonably shield stack + if using infernal guardian can proc by brawler shield).

Twice born star (warrior/apprentice, tower/mage, serpent/atronauch) plus shacklebreaker plus 1 pc domi 1 pc malacath plus triple tri regen glyphs all tri glyphs on armor.

Bone pirate, BTB+ the tri stat drink, balorgh

Clever alchemist nma, engine guardian

2 Agility (2h bar), 5 clever alchemist or NMA, 2 willpower (destro bar) 2 potentates, 1 malacath, or 3 training (all tri regen) 2 balorgh

Sharpened, lover traits are hybrid.
    Steed is good. Swift is good.

Malacath, torc of tonal constancy, wild hunt probably bis for hybrid.

Malacath is bis for hybrid in cp too because you can abandon all cp invested into crit and focus on direct damage, pen, and dot damage. The crux is pen which revolves around armor type.

Honorable mentions: a set like Innate axiom would be good on a class like dk or potentially nightblade. eternal vigor, troll king accessible hybrid survival sets.
    Edited by Metemsycosis on September 17, 2020 2:57AM
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    First off, you will hinder yourself to a certain degree by going hybrid. Especially in no cp where you can't make up via CP + diminishing returns etc. For no CP you're probably better of wearing proc sets and go as you like.

With that out of the way, let's look at the basics and set options.

For no CP it's better to stack weapon dmg than it's to stack resources, as you don't get the percentage increase through CP. It's easier to stack weapon dmg bc you get +15% from medium armor.
    So Pelinal's presents itself as a good contender for one set. With it you don't have to split glyphs and can forgo a source of major sorcery. Look at Pelinal's as your 4k spell dmg set, if you wish. Plus you can front bar it.

In general use as much dual-sources as you can. Nirnhorned/sharpened weapons, minor berserk, lover mundus, or if you actually go with Pelinal's, warrior mundus. Stuhn's is a good choice as well.

You don't need as much sustain as with a single-stat build since you'll feed on both bars for offense/ healing. But don't underestimate it. Engine Guardian or Torc of Tonal... Necklace are good options here. If you'd go sorc you can use Dark Deal morphs to transfer.

I don't think Twice Born Star is worth it. Only redeeming value I see in it is to be able to slot Lover + whatever, however you lose out on weapon dmg compared to a dmg set (with pelinals) or resources (compared to shacklebreaker).

Your crit chance will probably be low so you can easily go with Malacaths. If you don't like to forgo crit you can use Slimecraw but it's meh in comparison. If you somehow end up with a bow backbar and Pelinals still you can use the Masters Bow, it carries over to spell dmg then as well.
    Clever Alch is still great. I doubt that NMA is any good anymore especially combined with the cost increase from vamp.

At best use the UESP build editor to play around a bit.

Now, you said you want to go Nightblade and Vamp. Any reason for this as e.g. a certain combo that you have in mind? I mostly run hybrid on sorcs to combine dizzy with Curse.
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on September 17, 2020 10:26AM
  • Magicwillow
    I finally pick up a class and that's Templar, with Dunmer for race.

I will use Dual Wield and Destruction infernal staff.

First bar will be for melee with both magika and stamina :

Flying blade for major brutality
    Bloodthrist has main stamina spammable + little healing
    Puncturing Sweep has main magika spammable + healing
    Binding javelin for CC
    Channeled focus for Major resolve and magicka recovery
    and for ultimate either Rend or Flawless Dawnbreaker

Second bar will be for magicka range :
    Degeneration for Major sorcery and a dot
    Elemental weapon main spammable range spell with weaving light attack
    Vampire bane for another dot and Major Prophecy
    Deep Thoughts for substain
    Inner light for a boost of max magika and Ice comet (or temporal guard)

Im thinking to remove vampire bane for Blood mist so when i get out of mist i have 300 weapon and spell damage for 6 seconds

For the gear i dont know yet since im new and dont know all the sets.
    I was planning to go 5 heavy 1 light and 1 medium for undaunted bonuses.

For the set i dont know yet, Shacklebreaker, Pelinal, and Ancient Dragonguard look really nice. i have to pick up 2.
    For the monster set dont know yet either;
    Substain - Grundwulf or Malubeth.
    For more damage and glass canon Domihaus look nice or Valkyn skoria maybe.

What do you think?
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Binding javelin for CC

Im thinking to remove vampire bane for Blood mist so when i get out of mist i have 300 weapon and spell damage for 6 seconds

For the set i dont know yet, Shacklebreaker, Pelinal, and Ancient Dragonguard look really nice. i have to pick up 2.

What do you think?

I think it wont work very well.

You don't need 3 spams. You can easily go with 1 spam. The rest of the offensive should be layerd through DoT(s), (delayed) burs, CC and maybe a gap closer.
    Decide wether you will go ranged or melee as your main battle range and choose a spam accordingly.
    The rest should be for defense/ healing, utility and mobility. Some skills serve multiple purposes.
  • Magicwillow
    yea but since i'll be using both ressources stamina and magicka i need a spammable for both. And another one for range.
    I already have a gapcloser with flying blade and a cc with binding javelin.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just because you invest in both resources doesn't mean you have to use multiple spams. It gains you nothing to have two melee spams. If you want both ranged and melee capabilities to spam, do as you wish. But having more than one melee spam is redundant, at least if they can't be layered (like Crystal Weapon into Dizzy).

As an hybrid you usually dip into both resources to fill in the gaps a class is designed with. Best shown via stamsorc, a class that lacked delayed burst (unlike the newer classes). So I went hybrid to be able to use Haunting Curse and fill that lack.
    Do you lack healing? Go for hybrid and slot a resto (even tho you won't really need the staff on Templar)

You have to ask yourself what do you want to accomplish by straying so far from how the class is designed. Is there anything to earn by going hybrid templar. A martial warrior with healing prowess? So you can carryover your stamina might into healing power?

However, for the rest of your build some thoughts.

Domihouse (2p) is of no use for PvP since the opponent has to stand on the ring, not inside it. At least the last time I checked. Everyone will simple sidestep it and renders it useless. However, the 1p is really good.
    Malubeth is no sustain set.
    Grundwulf has a too long cooldown. It nets you something equal to 140 regen on your higher resource. Plus your crit rates will be very low as no cp hybrid.
    If you want a sustain monster set use Engine Guardian as has higher power, can return every resource and can block line of sight, so free mitigation and it's fool proof to use.

I'd forgo DW and go 2h with Pelinals. Rally/ Forward Momentum as "double buff" with japs/puncture or dizzy as spam. Toppling for stun + off balance + gap closer. 2h execute or, for flavor, radiant. Plus either DB or Onslaught for a big penetration boon (to both resistances!).
    Mist as mobility, defense. And your in class heals that are now avaible to your "stamplar".
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Binding javelin for CC

What do you think?

You have been given accurate, detailed and thoughtful advice about hybrids. If you understand what Chilly is saying and why it will save you a lot of time and headaches that you would get if you decide to just hack away with the build you described and adjust later. Definitely drop some of those spammables. The basics of killing people in this game is layered dots + a spammable or delayed burst skills + spammable.

With the build you described what does killing someone look like? To relate it to other games, what is your win condition? It seems like you would layer degeneration and vampire's bane then choose your preferred spammable throwing in buff/cc/ult skills as needed. With this strategy you will not kill most pvp players especially because split stat hybrids sacrifice top end power for ok split power. You would be better off dropping bloodthirst for blood craze and drop elemental weapon for power of the light. These are not the only adjustments I would consider, but I hope this will give you incite on how to think when putting together a build in this game. Because we are limited to only 12 skill slots, this is a game where you play to your chosen playstyle's strengths more than a game where you adjust your playstyle on the fly for the situation you are in.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chilly's and Tbois advice are extremely solid
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suggest primary offense pool recovery 1.3 * highest offensive skill cost on the bar when using melee weapons for the "Spellsword" idea. UPDATE 28/29 changes to critical chance and damage being more universal means hybrids can utilize critical damage to offset melee damage on magic primary pool character, since it would not impact your primary pool damage skills since the critical chance will affect both magic and stamia skills that can critical.
    Edited by Sahidom on September 21, 2020 7:07AM