The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Greay Host Right now

dvonpm
dvonpm
✭✭✭✭
Is this even really pvp? Because it mostly just looks like pvdoor.

QZ7SyBv.png
  • Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    Not on PC, but looks like AD and DC will get small purple rewards at the end of the campaign. They should have stayed out of IC more and watched cyrodiil score a bit better.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike0987 wrote: »
    Not on PC, but looks like AD and DC will get small purple rewards at the end of the campaign. They should have stayed out of IC more and watched cyrodiil score a bit better.

nah EP spent about a month gating everyone, this caused all the bad AD and DC to roll EP and kind of exacerbate the issue combined with a couple of notable EP guilds that lack any self respect.

if you try to take a try keep with 1-2 bar, a pop lock EP WILL show up and zerg you with an intensity that could be mistaken for trying to take a final emp keep. they will re gate everyone despite already having scrolls.

this kind of terrible behavior from terrible players has been far more damaging to PvP then any sort of "AoE cooldown"

though i do have to blame ZOS for making this kind of play possible, ask any long time PvP'er and they could give you a laundry list of changes that would solve problems, ZOS just does not give a "ahem".
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Crispen_Longbow
    Crispen_Longbow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dvonpm wrote: »
    Is this even really pvp? Because it mostly just looks like pvdoor. ]

Campaign wins have always been pvdoor. That's why real pvpers don't care about campaign scores in the slightest. Real pvpers just want to pvp.

Crispen Longbow - Daggerfall Covenant (DC): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Blue VE, Khole, LoM, MO)
    Crispen Longboww - Aldmeri Dominion (AD): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - Crispen's House of Pain RIP (KP, Yellow VE, Omni)
    Crispen Longbow-EP - Ebonheart Pact (EP): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Red VE)
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    if you try to take a try keep with 1-2 bar, a pop lock EP WILL show up and zerg you with an intensity that could be mistaken for trying to take a final emp keep. they will re gate everyone despite already having scrolls.

This! You try to take back a lumbermill, and 25 EP will come out... :lol:
    Edited by Jaimeh on September 16, 2020 7:40PM
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »

nah EP spent about a month gating everyone, this caused all the bad AD and DC to roll EP and kind of exacerbate the issue combined with a couple of notable EP guilds that lack any self respect.

this kind of terrible behavior from terrible players has been far more damaging to PvP then any sort of "AoE cooldown"

though i do have to blame ZOS for making this kind of play possible, ask any long time PvP'er and they could give you a laundry list of changes that would solve problems, ZOS just does not give a "ahem".

Was pretty awesome Monday though; when AD and DC just made camp on EPs tri-keeps during primetime. A lot of the EP get cocky but then log after they get thumped while not outnumbering 10-1. Of course that makes room for the good EP to be able to login.
  • dvonpm
    dvonpm
    ✭✭✭✭

Campaign wins have always been pvdoor. That's why real pvpers don't care about campaign scores in the slightest. Real pvpers just want to pvp.

You know what, I never thought about it like that before.

Perhaps around a tree or a rock, and not actual keeps, is where the real pvp is. Maybe I could even flip a tower if I run around it long enough.

Thanks, this is really insightful I'll be sure to keep that in mind.
  • dvonpm
    dvonpm
    ✭✭✭✭

Ok that last answer came from my deeply sarcastic soul.

This one is from my slightly less sarcastic brain.

I don't care what you think "real pvp" is.

I enjoy good fights. Even mismatched ones. I'm ok with losing.

But this map... Something is broken. It looks nearly this bad every campaign. This isn't competition, that's for sure.
  • xshatox
    xshatox
    ✭✭✭✭

Actually long time ago campaign winner are decided at the last few hours. Guild have to strategically work together to get resources and defending. Emp are rare and can only hold it for a few hours if not minutes since keeps change hands frequently. Keep or resources always lit so plenty of fight wherever you go.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its bull crap. I just logged out bc some EP group took rayles when there was NO scroll behind the gate. I asked zone why they are doing that and all i got was lols and lulz. I cant wait to swap to a different faction and leave ep. Bunch of bullies gating other factions. I understand why ahtu had his group up at warden. they were taking the scroll up there but there was no scroll to the south and some pleb players with zero skill pvdoor rayles. I really hope the other factions know there are EP players who do not agree with this playstyle.

How you win matters
    Edited by DUTCH_REAPER on September 18, 2020 8:12AM