The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Help me pick a Monster set.

MickeyBN
MickeyBN
✭✭✭✭
Playing a ranged Magblade with the current setup.

Torugs + Caalurion + 2pc Kena.

Right now I’m sitting on about 2200 base Spell, 950 Mag recovery.

I’m not feeling the 2pc Kena 100%, although it’s become a lot easier to proc it doesn’t tie very well into my build.

I’m wondering what a good alternative might be, I’m leaning towards either Slimecraw for the 8% damage or going Engine Guardian for the sustain which admittedly my build lacks. Will EG ruin my stealth when it procs? I’ve never actually used it before.

Bonus question;

I have a free slot on my front bar and can’t decide between Degeneration for the 20% SP or Elemental Drain for the Pen + Mag recovery.

Thanks for any input.
Vaelerys Nightborn - Bosmer Nightblade PC NA
  • Astrid
    Astrid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Degen if your running cripple as cripple provides magicka steal anyways - ele drain otherwise. Ideally I like both degen and ele drain but i’m unsure of your bars. If you’re looking for pen you could always take a look at Valkyn Skoria.

Slimecraw is nice, I’d have suggested Zaan if you weren’t completely ranged. Balorg is nice for burst after ultimate use - ie if you incap into bow. Really nice holding onto the bow for the 10% crit on your incap and then the extra spell damage after balorg to buff the proc. Just make sure you have a relatively good amount of ultimate before you use it.

If all else fails, mix and match for bonus 1pc sets depending on your needs. Like pen from skoria, crit from zaan, spell damage from kena ect for more raw stats.

I do believe engine guardian wouldn’t pull you out of stealth however it may spawn and will follow you around and is visible. May have changed don’t quote me on that.
    Edited by Astrid on September 13, 2020 4:12AM
  • MickeyBN
    MickeyBN
    ✭✭✭✭
    Astrid wrote: »
    Degen if your running cripple as cripple provides magicka steal anyways - ele drain otherwise. Ideally I like both degen and ele drain but i’m unsure of your bars.

Front bar:
    Swallow Soul - Merciless - Flame Clench - Inner Light.
    Vaelerys Nightborn - Bosmer Nightblade PC NA