Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Weapon enchant & abilities

eMKa8
eMKa8
✭✭✭
Hi 👋

If you have for instance a weapon enchant (shock damage) then usually that gives you 20% chance of proccing the status effect concussion when using a light or heavy attack.

I was told that abilities usually only proc for 10% or less (depending on sort of ability , otherwise maybe only 5 , 3 or 1 %)

But what if you have a weapon enchant of shock and you use an WEAPON ability (instead of light attack) , do you then also have the base proc percentage of 20% ?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am going to let an old friend of mine explain the nuances of Enchants
    Any Light/Heavy attack or Weapon Line ability will set off the Enchantment (Exception is Glyph of Rage, which only triggers off Light/Heavy attacks). Weapon enchantments do not stack, and have a cooldown. Two same enchants on both weapons will share the same cooldown.

Cooldown:
    4 Seconds: Damage (Fire, Frost, Shock, Poison, Disease, Prismatic, Unresistable) Enchants, Absorb Enchants
    5 Seconds: Crusher, Hardening, Rage

For example, if I had a Bow with a Poison damage enchantment, and I fire Scattershot at a target, the Poison Damage enchant will proc, then the Scattershot hits, dealing it's damage. If I were to immediately follow that with another Scattershot, the Poison Damage from the enchant will not proc, as the 4 seconds cooldown has not elapsed.

In another example, I have a a pair of Maces. On my main hand, I have a Mace with a Prismatic Damage enchant. On my off hand, I have a mace with a Rage enchantment. This means that my main hand has a cooldown of 4 seconds, and my off-hand has a cooldown of 5 seconds. If I were to use the same enchant on both weapons, they would share a cooldown, effectively wasting an enchant slot. This rule applies to Weapon Swap as well. Therefore, diversifying your enchant selection is important.

Dual Wield attacks in this pattern for Light attacks:

Main Hand -> Off-Hand -> Main Hand -> Repeat

This means that my Main Hand will be hitting targets twice as often as my Off Hand. In addition, a Dual Wield heavy attack has both attacks hit at the same time, so both enchantments will activate. For Dual Wield weapon abilities, only the Main Hand weapon enchant is used. As weapon abilities cannot proc the Glyph of Rage, placing it on the Main Hand is essentially a wasted enchantment.

The exception to this "Dual Wield abilities only use Main Hand enchant" rule is broken by Twin Slashes, which procs the Main Hand enchant on the first hit, and the Off-Hand enchant on the second hit. Glyph of Rage still cannot proc off the second hit.

All elemental enchantments have a 20% chance to proc a status effect. In addition, if a status effect activates vs a target that is weak to the status effect (Eg. Vampires and Fire), the target will be stunned after a 3 second delay and take a burst of elemental damage.

Status Effects:
    • Fire - Burning, High Dot
    • Frost - Chilled, 40% Snare
    • Shock - Concussion, Minor Maim, Targets hit by a heavy attack while Concussed are set Off Balance
    • Poison - Poisoned, Medium DoT, Stamina Regen reduced by 10% (Not shown on char sheet)
    • Disease - Befouled, Low DoT, Minor Defile

Take away, don't use the same enchantment on your weapons if your Dual Wielding, nor on the Front and Back Bars. Also, with Dual Wield, the Primary Hand Enchant should Proc more than the Off Hand one, but it does not always seem that way with me, based on how often I have to recharge the Enchant (using a Filled or Crown Soul Gem)

Also:

1. If you get Gear with an enchant already in place, if you improve the item, you also improve the enchant.
    2. If you apply your own enchant, it will not upgrade with the gear.
    3. Rekuta's are pretty cheap, so use those to test out Enchant Combos, the replace with Kuta based Glyphs once you figure out your combo.[/quote]
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"