The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Tours Across Tamriel] Let Sleeping Guars Lie

guarstompemoji
guarstompemoji
✭✭✭✭
During my travels across Tamriel, I came across the most amazing discovery: guars twitch in their sleep! What this says about the species, I am not certain (the behavior appears to resemble puppies), but I have cataloged known locations where these sleepy, twitchy guars tend to nap, and invite you to come to your own conclusions regarding this majestic creature!

Do they dream? What do they dream about?

So far, guars appear most comfortable napping in Vvardenfell, though I have also come across notes that some may indeed be napping away in Murkmire. If you have any leads, please feel free to share them with fellow researchers!

Note the one in the Missir Dadalit Camp has achieved an unexpected level of civilization, and has claimed a proper bed for herself. Himself?

otbh1kfkz4bh.jpg

xf3fr3qbtkud.jpg

tsiio75u6zna.jpg

94c1zkhzpneh.jpg
Edited by guarstompemoji on October 20, 2020 11:16PM
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are several pony guar you can find sleeping as well, for 1000x more cuteness
  • guarstompemoji
    guarstompemoji
    ✭✭✭✭
    Be brave, adventurers! Following a tip, I found this sleeping guar hidden away in a camp of aggressive warriors! Head to the West Gash Wayshrine, and journey southwest!

ce8pymhx0735.jpg
    Edited by guarstompemoji on October 20, 2020 6:12AM
  • guarstompemoji
    guarstompemoji
    ✭✭✭✭
    This sleepy fellow may be found along the streets of Balmora! Now and then, a warrior stops by to care for them, though the guar sleeps through it all.

Find them near the center of the city, near a cart, pet monkey, and a golden-haired doggo.

(Who you cannot pet. And I am completely and utterly not bitter about this. >.>)

gv7rxon0y53j.jpg
    Edited by guarstompemoji on October 20, 2020 10:57PM
  • guarstompemoji
    guarstompemoji
    ✭✭✭✭
    The mystery grows! So far, all specimens have been observed to twitch in a most puppy-like manner. What are they chasing? What do they dream about?

This fine creature was found at the Urshilaku Camp, in northwestern Vvardenfell!

lnvm10vopxs8.jpg
  • guarstompemoji
    guarstompemoji
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are several pony guar you can find sleeping as well, for 1000x more cuteness

Alas, this cuteness continues to elude me...I must continue the search!!