Rimmen Necropolis skyshard not counted ...

Ashnarug
Ashnarug
✭✭✭
... for skill and achievement purpose. The maps show that I found it but not the journal achievement page. I remember Bakea the Forge Guardian killing me and I ran disembodied to the skyshard to avoid the group of miscreants in front of me, and after I got my body back I absorbed the skyshard then teleported to the Sugar Bowl Inn.

nd8fcnlg2x5m.jpg
5bb0xl0543jh.jpg
f9fzx7npgmn2.jpg

Even the zone guide does not count it.

nciiy3y5g86m.jpg
zzsby1vn09bs.jpg
Edited by Ashnarug on September 8, 2020 3:55PM
During the afternoon of Loredas, 6 Sun’s Dawn 2e578 a big piece of Aetherius fell to Nirn. It was the first major piece of Aetherius to fall on Nirn in more than five hundred years. It scattered around the world as millions of shards. It was rapidly documented by Lady Cinnabar of Taneth in her pamphlet Aetherial Fragments that "... when three shards meet, they re-form into a silvery prism by unknown process and confer the power unlocked by the merger to a nearby being." The Order of the Black Worm, commonly known as the Worm Cult, reappeared in Tamriel shortly thereafter and some of its members are avidly searching said shards.
In the last week of First Seed 2e579, an arcane explosion occurred in the Imperial City — a night of storms, and trembling terrain. They named it the "Soulburst". That day Emperor Varen Aquilarios disappeared without a trace. His wife, Clivia Tharn, ascended to the Ruby Throne as Empress Regent under the guidance of the Necromancer Mannimarco. Ushering a time of increased instability within the Empire of Cyrodiil which finally grew into “The Three Banners War”.
  • Ashnarug
    Ashnarug
    ✭✭✭
    forgot ...

Ashrji-dra, Female Khajiit - Stamina Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
    During the afternoon of Loredas, 6 Sun’s Dawn 2e578 a big piece of Aetherius fell to Nirn. It was the first major piece of Aetherius to fall on Nirn in more than five hundred years. It scattered around the world as millions of shards. It was rapidly documented by Lady Cinnabar of Taneth in her pamphlet Aetherial Fragments that "... when three shards meet, they re-form into a silvery prism by unknown process and confer the power unlocked by the merger to a nearby being." The Order of the Black Worm, commonly known as the Worm Cult, reappeared in Tamriel shortly thereafter and some of its members are avidly searching said shards.
    In the last week of First Seed 2e579, an arcane explosion occurred in the Imperial City — a night of storms, and trembling terrain. They named it the "Soulburst". That day Emperor Varen Aquilarios disappeared without a trace. His wife, Clivia Tharn, ascended to the Ruby Throne as Empress Regent under the guidance of the Necromancer Mannimarco. Ushering a time of increased instability within the Empire of Cyrodiil which finally grew into “The Three Banners War”.
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is not where that skyshard is...

You need to be going to the northeastern spur of the map.

ETA:

https://www.elderscrollsguides.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Rimmen_Necropolis_public_dungeon_map.jpg
    Edited by virtus753 on September 9, 2020 6:45AM
    Options
  • Ashnarug
    Ashnarug
    ✭✭✭
    then what did I find close to the Rimmen fragment (left of the brickwall) ? It looked like a skyshard and interacted like one !
    Edited by Ashnarug on September 9, 2020 6:00PM
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ashnarug wrote: »
    then what did I find close to the Rimmen fragment (left of the brickwall) ? It looked like a skyshard and interacted like one !

That’s a very good question. It might have been part of the quest for the dungeon. There are three places you have to activate for Relatively Speaking, and one of them is in that chamber you circled. It doesn’t look much like a shard, though.

As for the skyshard itself, all I can tell you is I’ve picked up the Necropolis skyshard on several toons, and it’s always been in the northeast, exactly where that map I linked shows. It’s near an altar next to a group of skeletal mobs, out of range of any named boss, as in this screenshot:

http://teso.mmorpg-life.com/images/skyshards/_skyshard_On_an_altar_deep_within_the_Rimmen_Necropolis_image_ESO_Elsweyr_Skyshard_Location_On_an_altar_deep_within_the_Rimmen_Necropolis.jpg

The native game map does not show skyshard locations at all, so the absence of a skyshard on your map is not going to be proof for ZOS that there is a bug with the game itself. The only way to confirm you got the shard is to find it again and try to activate it. (The base remains; it just loses its glow.) Sometimes skyshards that you haven’t gotten are bugged so they don’t glow, so you really do have to go right up to it and try to activate it to be sure. If you can’t activate it but your journal says you don’t have it, that’s a problem with the game that ZOS should be looking into.
    Options
  • Ashnarug
    Ashnarug
    ✭✭✭
    I went back with another toon. The "skyshard" was back where it should be.

The first time around with my Khajiit the skyshard was where the Rimmen fragment is located (red dot) while the fragment was located where the dark dot is shown.

I guess it was a glitch that cannot be repeated ... but the map still shows the skyshard as used for my Khajiit.

bw7x35z0sjyg.jpg

Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ashnarug wrote: »
    I went back with another toon. The "skyshard" was back where it should be.

The first time around with my Khajiit the skyshard was where the Rimmen fragment is located (red dot) while the fragment was located where the dark dot is shown.

I guess it was a glitch that cannot be repeated ... but the map still shows the skyshard as used for my Khajiit.

bw7x35z0sjyg.jpg

The native map doesn’t show anything about skyshards, used or otherwise. If a skyshard is not showing up on your map when you expect it to, that speaks only to the state of your add-on(s), not the game itself.

Note that even if you are 100% certain the skyshard was in the southwestern chamber for you on that toon, map add-ons show skyshards where they should be, not where you personally found them. A screenshot of the southwestern chamber should never show a skyshard at all, because it shouldn’t have been there (regardless of your personal experience on that toon). To check whether your add-on is working correctly, set the filters to show both used and unused shards and then take a screenshot of the northeastern chamber. If the shard is missing or shows as used, that’s an issue with your add-on.

To show that your Khajiit got the shard but is not getting proper credit for it in the game, you would need to find the skyshard base and take a screenshot of it with your crosshair over it to show it’s unable to be activated.
    Options