The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Blood thirsty

EtTuBrutus
EtTuBrutus
✭✭✭✭✭
Regarding providing dmg to the enemy, wouldnt bloodthirsty provide as much dmg at about at about 60% target hp as infused won dmg so long as u have a damage enchant as well? Seems over tuned.
Edited by EtTuBrutus on September 5, 2020 10:50PM
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good talk
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol. I wanted to look at the real deal before commenting.

If you could post the exact wording on BT now, then I could spend some time discussing it with you
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol. I wanted to look at the real deal before commenting.

If you could post the exact wording on BT now, then I could spend some time discussing it with you

Yo waffennacht, tty. From the patch notes:

Bloodthirsty: This trait now grants up to 350 Weapon and Spell Damage against targets under 90% Health, scaling linearly per 1% missing Health, rather than granting a flat 10% damage increase against targets under 25% Health

• raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It gives 3.8WP per percentage below 90. So At 63% health you would gain 100. At 38% it would be 200.

Dont recall the “loss” from not using infused but i believe it is 100 right?

This trait would prob only make sense if you use it in combination with a burst proc set like Caluurion to effectively bring the target below 60%.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    It gives 3.8WP per percentage below 90. So At 63% health you would gain 100. At 38% it would be 200.

This trait would prob only make sense if you use it in combination with a burst proc set like Caluurion to effectively bring the target below 60%.

There are plenty of builds that can effectively bring target hp below 63% hp. I guess my point is they made it better than infused imo. I love the idea of using it with a proc set like caluurions. It would make it easier.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »

There are plenty of builds that can effectively bring target hp below 63% hp. I guess my point is they made it better than infused imo. I love the idea of using it with a proc set like caluurions. It would make it easier.

It would be better, in as much as damage goes. Most players don't play defensively until their HP is a bit lower and the damage is there when you need it.

Offensively speaking i would say it is the preferred choice. Doesnt help heals or resources
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It would be better, in as much as damage goes. Most players don't play defensively until their HP is a bit lower and the damage is there when you need it.

Offensively speaking i would say it is the preferred choice. Doesnt help heals or resources

Yea, I've got a build trying to utilize the most effective forms of reliable stats. This should help with the damage as im currently solving that hole.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll send it your way if you want.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Infused at gold quality gives an extra 60%, so 0.60 * 174 = about 104 extra spell/weapon damage. But, that can be buffed by Major/Minor Sorcery and Major/Minor Brutality, as well as various other skills and passives that increase weapon/spell damage by a percentage. In reality, that extra 104 spell/weapon damage will be more than 104.

Bloodthirsty does not get those buffs because Bloodthirsty sort of applies indirectly to the low health target, not to the player wearing Bloodthirsty, and those kinds of effects are not buffed by percentage increases to weapon/spell damage stat. This is more an issue for stamina builds, who tend to have a lot more percentage buffs to weapon damage than magicka builds have percentage buffs to spell damage.

Thus, the crossover point for Infused versus Bloodthirsty is not 62%. It is lower than that, varying per player based on their percentage buffs to the extra 104 weapon/spell damage from Infused. Even then, usefulness will vary by player. If you struggle to finish other players off, Bloodthirsty could be a big help. If you struggle to get other players into execute, Infused could be more helpful.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

Infused at gold quality gives an extra 60%, so 0.60 * 174 = about 104 extra spell/weapon damage. But, that can be buffed by Major/Minor Sorcery and Major/Minor Brutality, as well as various other skills and passives that increase weapon/spell damage by a percentage. In reality, that extra 104 spell/weapon damage will be more than 104.

Bloodthirsty does not get those buffs because Bloodthirsty sort of applies indirectly to the low health target, not to the player wearing Bloodthirsty, and those kinds of effects are not buffed by percentage increases to weapon/spell damage stat. This is more an issue for stamina builds, who tend to have a lot more percentage buffs to weapon damage than magicka builds have percentage buffs to spell damage.

Thus, the crossover point for Infused versus Bloodthirsty is not 62%. It is lower than that, varying per player based on their percentage buffs to the extra 104 weapon/spell damage from Infused. Even then, usefulness will vary by player. If you struggle to finish other players off, Bloodthirsty could be a big help. If you struggle to get other players into execute, Infused could be more helpful.

I thought those types of calculations were updated to be impacted by major and minor buffs. If sets like masters bow, soulshine, sword singer, e.t.c get the benefit why wouldn't blood thirsty?

If you're right, it's rate which it's more impactful be on the 50% range. Still pretty effective.
    Edited by EtTuBrutus on September 6, 2020 10:54PM
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you used it yet?
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I thought those types of calculations were updated to be impacted by major and minor buffs. If sets like masters bow, soulshine, sword singer, e.t.c get the benefit why wouldn't blood thirsty?

If you're right, it's rate which it's more impactful be on the 50% range. Still pretty effective.

From the 6.1.1 patch notes:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6871622/#Comment_6871622

"Item Traits

Bloodthirsty: Increased the bonus Weapon and Spell Damage this trait grants against targets to a maximum of 350 per trait, up from 250 per trait. This was to make up for the fact the trait does not inherit percent increases to these stats, such as Brutality or Sorcery."
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

From the 6.1.1 patch notes:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6871622/#Comment_6871622

"Item Traits

Bloodthirsty: Increased the bonus Weapon and Spell Damage this trait grants against targets to a maximum of 350 per trait, up from 250 per trait. This was to make up for the fact the trait does not inherit percent increases to these stats, such as Brutality or Sorcery."

Awesome info, ty
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's def has some use after testing it but a huge thing is that it does not buff your heals at all in a patch with proc sets that everyone and their mom is wearing
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JinxxND wrote: »
    It's def has some use after testing it but a huge thing is that it does not buff your heals at all in a patch with proc sets that everyone and their mom is wearing

Health based heals ftw.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i wouldnt say it was better than infused but used with infused its very good, much more viable for sustained damage rather than being dormant for 75% of a fight
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i wouldnt say it was better than infused but used with infused its very good, much more viable for sustained damage rather than being dormant for 75% of a fight

Im running on a stuhns, CA, balorgh build. It's active the important parts. Plenty of dmg to get them down with that build.