The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question on prices?

erliesc
erliesc
✭✭✭
Why are the Style Material and Furnishing Material categories not selling so well?

Could it be that the prices are way too high? B)

Here we go again??? LOL
I know nutting....
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no idea what you mean. For me both rare style mats as well as ditto furnising mats sell very well indeed. If other people have issues selling then yes maybe they're ricing them too high, or maybe the trader location bug is making it harder for buyers to find what they're looking for.
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    Simply that in those categories...when searching guilds using MM...every player and his brother is listing prices at least up 100% and sometimes 200% above avg. Sales are way down....in the last 2-3 weeks.

Starving for game gold?

Simpler and a lot smarter to go out and farm for 15 mins in the game and sell for around the avg price?

Might help if the DROP RATES for some mats were increased some...that way the price gougers would find it wouldn't pay....

Those running this game are always finding ways to shoot themselves in the foot? What's next....
    I know nutting....
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is still not clear.

Unless drop rates changed there is no reason to adjust the drop rates. Demand waxes and wanes all the time which means the price increases and decreases which should be expected. That seems to be what you are noticing.
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    You are playing on a different server? SOS?
    I know nutting....
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    erliesc wrote: »
    You are playing on a different server? SOS?

I’ve never known @idk to wear a tin foil hat in the long time they’ve been in the forums.

Not every server is the same ... but I think most players agree you’ll be rewarded for the time put into playing the game.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on September 2, 2020 2:19AM
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    [snip] Do not take offense...you can't be expected to know what you miss.

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on September 2, 2020 1:49PM
    I know nutting....
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip] Do not take offense...you can't be expected to know what you miss.

[edited for baiting]

I am pretty sure @Taleof2Cities has a solid grasp of the game and does not seem to miss much.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why are the Style Material and Furnishing Material categories not selling so well?

Could it be that the prices are way too high? B)

Here we go again??? LOL

People can't find where you are selling them? That is my problem on the PS4.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    Follow up:

* MasterMerchant is close to non-functional now (last full month) due to the fact that ESO will not provide a decent data feed. There is supposedly a new beta version (3.0) that solves some of the issues...but I wouldn't count on it.

* At the same time the MasterWrit mess has started gain...with material prices way up by 100-200%...that is IF you can get accurate price data.

* Seems like (ha...ha...ha) ESO is trying to mess up the player trading ability by crashing MM at the same time they've started the MasterWrit over pricing mess....so no one can SEE what is going on.

* IF anyone brings up these issues the ESO players (that is people who play the game and work for ESO and post on this forum) will try to dominate the discussion and there are apparently many other players with their heads up their dufus and who don't know what is going on or don't care.

* So...IF you are into crafting or are thinking about crafting...maybe THINK AGAIN??? Crafting has BEEN NERFED. Unless you like to do MasterWrits and jump thru all those hoops....
    I know nutting....
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still make 15-20 million a month crafting... and almost never have to buy anything, certainly not any of the "high priced" items.

shrug
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you don’t buy or sell mats like me you never have to worry about this, lol!

We have never had visibility into pricing on console and I don’t have any trouble selling the things I do sell there.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gave up on legendary jewellery a while ago due to the mat prices. Now every time I get a chromium plating I sell it and buy a house. I've nearly got all the small houses and at current prices I can afford most of the furnishing materials at the same time 8)

It's not really a surprise - all the big changes removing random chances have changed the armour behaviour and every cash rich end game player has been turning different sets legendary.

Too many toons not enough time
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    I still make 15-20 million a month crafting... and almost never have to buy anything, certainly not any of the "high priced" items.shrug

You are a special case in this area. Most do not and the game should be aimed a bit wider than someone like you who keeps spreadsheets on things. Sure, let you make some more by optimizing, just as top-end raiders do, but make it simpler for the masses!

Though I suppose I have to agree with part of what you say. I can make a decent amount of gold if I run all 24 or so characters I have now through the daily writs. I would have a lot more gold if I simply flipped my master writs as well.
    Edited by FlopsyPrince on September 24, 2020 8:37PM
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    I still make 15-20 million a month crafting... and almost never have to buy anything, certainly not any of the "high priced" items.shrug

You are a special case in this area. Most do not and the game should be aimed a bit wider than someone like you who keeps spreadsheets on things. Sure, let you make some more by optimizing, just as top-end raiders do, but make it simpler for the masses!

Though I suppose I have to agree with part of what you say. I can make a decent amount of gold if I run all 24 or so characters I have now through the daily writs. I would have a lot more gold if I simply flipped my master writs as well.

was simply responding to the comment that crafting "wasn't worth it"

regardless of platform and with or without add-ons. Crafting is still one of, if not the most efficient way of making gold in this game.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I rarely buy mats and/or style mats, I farm a bit here and there (on daily basis) and I deconstruct every single piece of gear I don't use or sell (probably 80-85% of what I collect).

Most of the times I use the "uncommon" mats styles it's while crafting master writs.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP