The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

1st Tank, but Bashing isn't functioning for me

fortyfivekva_ESO
fortyfivekva_ESO
✭✭✭
I am trying to learn how to Bash/Interrupt while blocking. I've found some info from a year or two ago that states to Bash/Interrupt, just Block and Light Attack. When I do that, nothing happens. I remain Blocking but there is no attack. Also since Block is "hold both mouse buttons down" and LA is R mouse button, that seems quite contrary. But when I rekeyed LA it still doesn't attack. I just stand there blocking. What am I doing wrong? Please help this noob, thank you!
  • laissezfaire
    laissezfaire
    ✭✭✭
    I think the default for block is right mouse button and la is left but it all depends on how you have the keys bound. But to interrupt/bash, you block and then hit la.
  • fortyfivekva_ESO
    fortyfivekva_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for confirming that the info I read was still correct. Now I just have to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I had to walk away from computer I was getting so frustrated=)
  • fortyfivekva_ESO
    fortyfivekva_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    So far I can confirm that for me, if I am blocking, I can not light attack. I had to set a separate key for Interrupt and if I hit that key while blocking I CAN Interrupt - but since it can't be the same key as LA, I have run of Binds I can use easily in a combat situation. I now wish I had bought a new mouse with more than 2 buttons on the side. I swore to my husband I never used all the ones on my old mouse so the new Razer mouse only has 2=(

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but at least I know I *can* interrupt -- just not from using a LA. And it would be so much better for me if I could just use a LA.
  • MZARRI
    MZARRI
    Soul Shriven
    Hey, I've found most ppl use mouse scroll button to bash/break free and I also found it to be wery confortable and it isn't bind to anything realy important so you may try it out. I also have mouse with only two additional buttons (I use one for dodge and second for TS) and it's so far enough for me (but I might not be pro since i'm just hitting 600CP).
  • mr_coops
    mr_coops
    Honestly hold block and press light attack to bash. You shouldn’t need a separate key bind for this as the games is set to this method by default. Maybe you have changed binds or otherwise inadvertently changed how your interior works. You are shown the mechanic in the tutorial when you start a new character. Perhaps try that to work out how to interrupt with your settings.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Block is "hold both mouse buttons down" and LA is R mouse button
    That's not the default control scheme, sounds like you are either confused about the controls or somehow rebound them and forgot. By default, block is RMB and light attack is LMB. So pressing LMB while already holding RMB does a bash. If you already have block bound to RMB + LMB then bash must be bound to something else. Look at your keybinds in the settings menu to find out what it is, or to change your bindings back to default.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.