The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sovngarde Crate Season Pushed to October?

Taleof2Cities
Taleof2Cities
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Title.

No announcement about the new Crate Season in today’s Crown Store Showcase.

Was it moved out due to the pandemic?

Edited by Taleof2Cities on August 31, 2020 4:00PM

Best Answer

• tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They've stopped announcing new crate series in the showcase. They tend to get their own article just before they release. Really the only warning we have is that the current series gets the "14 days left!" banner.

Based on timeframes, I'd expect it's would be landing pretty soon though. I'm actually surprised we haven't seen it for the Nightfalls yet since I think they should expire around the first full week of the month.

Pity they've also stopped the sale for the 15-crate pack at the end too...
    Answer ✓
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Crates usually have their own announcements IIRC
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why would the pandemic effect it ?
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would the pandemic effect it ?

Because stuff in the crates need to be programmed and the pandemic, the lockdown and wfh orders are throwing so many spanners in the works and delaying the process. Like in another MMO I play the summer event which is usually held in July was delayed so it ran August and into early September instead because they couldn't finish all the stuff for it in time for it's usual launch time due to "work from home".
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Btw, previous "Q3" crates were released towards the end of September
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, all, for the replies.
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New crates NEVER drop the same month as a DLC.
  • DarkPicture
    DarkPicture
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They dont anoucement new crates in showcase. Just wait until u see timer on nightfall
    Edited by DarkPicture on August 31, 2020 10:33PM
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh they’l be here on the 17th. Zenimax never misses its crown crate season but they never announce it either. They want people to waste their stuff on the old crat4s as long as possible. Every 13 weeks like clockwork new crates come out. New datamine first major pts patch after the current clown crates. So we’ll likely find out more about potentiates retreat in October pts.
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect it will be released along side the Skyrim Treasure Hunt Event we also don't have an ETA for.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »
    I suspect it will be released along side the Skyrim Treasure Hunt Event we also don't have an ETA for.

I doubt that - events always are announced with the tickets in the showcase, so we know that only the IC event is happening this month.

I expect that event will probably be in early October before the Witches' Festival. Last year's Dragon Rise event (the equivalent) was Oct 3-Oct 14. That's also a decent hole in the calendar as well since Witches is end of Oct-early Nov.

What we could see it coincide with, however, would be the official announcement of the Q4 DLC pack, as that would need to go on PTS around mid September if they still intend to release it around Oct/Nov.
  • JazzyNova
    JazzyNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    They've stopped announcing new crate series in the showcase. They tend to get their own article just before they release. Really the only warning we have is that the current series gets the "14 days left!" banner.

Based on timeframes, I'd expect it's would be landing pretty soon though. I'm actually surprised we haven't seen it for the Nightfalls yet since I think they should expire around the first full week of the month.

My thoughts exactly. Though I think they waited until a week or so before the season is over & start with "7 days left!", not exactly sure. Based on how it looks, the next season of crates likely won't come until either Thursday, September 24th or Thursday, October 1st (Most likely being the later if they are doing the 2 week warning). Either way, all I know is that I'm sick of all the vampire stuff lol.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My thoughts exactly. Though I think they waited until a week or so before the season is over & start with "7 days left!", not exactly sure. Based on how it looks, the next season of crates likely won't come until either Thursday, September 24th or Thursday, October 1st (Most likely being the later if they are doing the 2 week warning). Either way, all I know is that I'm sick of all the vampire stuff lol.

Well, if ZOS is skipping their usual date of 9/17, I don't think the new season has to start exactly on a Thursday, @JazzyNapkin.

They could pretty much pick whatever day they want ...
  • Deloth_Vyrr
    Deloth_Vyrr
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS must have realized announcing the next crate bombs sales of the current one, so now they stay hush hush until the last minute
    <Twin-Moons Covenant> PC NA
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Voice of Reason
    Shadow Breaker
    Flawless Conqueror
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, if ZOS is skipping their usual date of 9/17, I don't think the new season has to start exactly on a Thursday, @JazzyNapkin.

It will be next week they never ever miss new CC they need to milk cows.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aptonoth wrote: »

Well if what you’re saying is true, why isn’t there an in-game countdown on the Nightfall Crates right now ... ?
  • JazzyNova
    JazzyNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aptonoth wrote: »

Well if what you’re saying is true, why isn’t there an in-game countdown on the Nightfall Crates right now ... ?

Good point. I have a feeling they won't announce the crates until after the stream next Saturday, Sept. 19th.
    Edited by JazzyNova on September 12, 2020 8:57PM
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    New crates NEVER drop the same month as a DLC.

Exept chapter chapter that drop early june with new crate toward the end of june
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weird they are delayed.
  • DarkPicture
    DarkPicture
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    24th for those who dont know
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Browart wrote: »
    24th for those who dont know

I knew they wouldn't be that late. The ticking of the gear has been retuned.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good news!