The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"Crown Gem Exclusives"...

• SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven't gone to look at that horse. I'm going to go out on limb and say it doesn't have any special mounting animation or anything, based on precedent. The crown exclusive items costing more than an apex mount when they have fewer bells and whistles stumps me.
    Pandorii wrote: »
    It looks similar to the red mount from the Summerset Collector's Edition. I call it the gummy bear mount. From the preview, it looks like it has a purple mist around it. I'm not sure if that effect lingers, since I haven't seen any out in the open.

It's just a recolour of the Legion Zero Destrier from last year.

Yup. At least it's not as egregious as when they release a mount and a month later release the same exact mount again with glowing eyes.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gone through about 45 crown crates and I'm getting nothing but trash. I used to get stuff all the time but now I know they changed something with the rng so I will no longer be buying crates.
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thannazzar wrote: »
    Says something when there have been more crown gem exclusives than eso plus exclusives.

Not that I particularly care about crown gem exclusives because I just refuse to purchase crown crates in general and anything in them is lost to me.

But how does your argument here exactly correlate?... Crown Gem Exclusives range upwards of the 10-100$ range while ESO+ is $15 and you're getting all the benefits... The free exclusives to ESO+ are certainly nice but that is by no means the reason people subscribe.

You can't actually think that these two have any business being discussed within a hundred threads of each other.

• Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thannazzar wrote: »
    Says something when there have been more crown gem exclusives than eso plus exclusives.

Not that I particularly care about crown gem exclusives because I just refuse to purchase crown crates in general and anything in them is lost to me.

But how does your argument here exactly correlate?... Crown Gem Exclusives range upwards of the 10-100$ range while ESO+ is $15 and you're getting all the benefits... The free exclusives to ESO+ are certainly nice but that is by no means the reason people subscribe.

You can't actually think that these two have any business being discussed within a hundred threads of each other.

ZOS made a big deal about eso plus exclusives on their self lauded benefits of subscription model. One of the principal selling points on their own marketing was the exclusive crown items at reduced cost available only to subs.

Whilst this practice was honored for the first 3 months we have now over the past 2 years seen significantly more gem exclusives than sub exclusives. ZOS marketing have clearly relegated subscription to a 'statue of the month club' and intend to market the game to crown crate whales in preference to subscribers. Or at least that is the message they are sending with the current exclusives nodel.
    Edited by Thannazzar on September 5, 2020 7:45AM
  • theskymoves
    theskymoves
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be great if they at least added another type of Crown Crates (bring back one of the others from rotation) while they offer Crown Gem exclusives, because some of us have everything we want from the current Crates.

There are 3x Crown Gem exclusives by the way. The new skin says it's a CG exclusive as well (although looks okay tbh). This could easily wind up being over 1k crown gems in total so they should REALLY add 1-2 more Crown Crate types (again, they don't need to be new -- just bring back some from rotation since there are PLENTY to cover the entire year and then some from rotation).

@ZOS_BillE @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober

Any chance you could pass that on to the team that makes this decision while this Crown-Gem Exclusive is still going on?

This. I DESPERATELY wanted the Legion Zero mount for my purple-themed Vestige, and would have purchased some crates (for the first time ever!) in the hope of getting enough gems from dupes for the glorious purple horsey, but I don't have (or even want) anything from the current crates.
  • woufff
    woufff
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be great if they at least added another type of Crown Crates (bring back one of the others from rotation) while they offer Crown Gem exclusives, because some of us have everything we want from the current Crates.

There are 3x Crown Gem exclusives by the way. The new skin says it's a CG exclusive as well (although looks okay tbh). This could easily wind up being over 1k crown gems in total so they should REALLY add 1-2 more Crown Crate types (again, they don't need to be new -- just bring back some from rotation since there are PLENTY to cover the entire year and then some from rotation).

Any chance you could pass that on to the team that makes this decision while this Crown-Gem Exclusive is still going on?

This. I DESPERATELY wanted the Legion Zero mount for my purple-themed Vestige, and would have purchased some crates (for the first time ever!) in the hope of getting enough gems from dupes for the glorious purple horsey, but I don't have (or even want) anything from the current crates.

You would need to buy A LOT more then "some" crates before having 600 gems, I would roughly estimate it to 120, give or take... :s

But maybe, just maybe we will get it somehow at a later stage, let's hope B)

*typo corrected*
    Edited by woufff on September 7, 2020 3:30PM
    PC/EU&NA - Redguard Nightblade - Grand Master Crafter - Explorer of Tamriel & Skyrim - Playing Starfield (and awaiting TES VI ^^)
  • theskymoves
    theskymoves
    ✭✭✭✭
    woufff wrote: »

You would need to buy A LOT more then "some" crates before having 600 gems, I would roughly estimate it to 120, give or take... :s

But maybe, just maybe we will get it somehow at a later stage, let's hope B)

*typo corrected*

I do have more than a few gems from the Twitch stream crates, so I wouldn't be starting from zero.
  • Ryvyr
    Ryvyr
    ✭✭✭
    To quote Jim Carry's portrayal of The Grinch, "the avarice never ends!"

Shareholders and bonuses come over comfort of customers (who provide them that wealth) regardless of economic constraints, that is how it has become and quite normalized within the industry.
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sadface unknown.png
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wow wrote: »
    sadface unknown.png
    Interesting, it's just 200, not "300, but 200 for ESO+ because we couldn't sell it for 300 last time"
  • davidbow1e
    davidbow1e
    ✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »
    sadface unknown.png
    Interesting, it's just 200, not "300, but 200 for ESO+ because we couldn't sell it for 300 last time"

This is a different colored pocket watcher than last one.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    davidbow1e wrote: »
    sadface

I meant first, normal colour, watcher. Maybe I remember wrong, but I think it was for sale twice: for 300 and for "300, but 200 for subs". And this one is for 200 from the start
  • davidbow1e
    davidbow1e
    ✭✭
    davidbow1e wrote: »
    sadface

I meant first, normal colour, watcher. Maybe I remember wrong, but I think it was for sale twice: for 300 and for "300, but 200 for subs". And this one is for 200 from the start

True true!
  • Anentet
    Anentet
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't hate it if they brought crates back to the login rewards here and there.. but yeah, its nonsense. I refuse to play the gem game that much. Sometimes I will buy a crate pack of 5 with my monthly crowns, but Im not going to put money in for RNG currency for something.
  • Lapin_Logic
    Lapin_Logic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anentet wrote: »
    I wouldn't hate it if they brought crates back to the login rewards here and there.. but yeah, its nonsense. I refuse to play the gem game that much. Sometimes I will buy a crate pack of 5 with my monthly crowns, but I'm not going to put money in for RNG currency for something.

To true, Currency has an exchange rate, whether that be US Dollar to GB Pounds or GB Pounds to ESO Crowns, the only part of this equation that does not have an Exchange rate is the Random pot luck Gamble of "Crown Gems".
  • thegreatme
    thegreatme
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've gone through about 45 crown crates and I'm getting nothing but trash. I used to get stuff all the time but now I know they changed something with the rng so I will no longer be buying crates.

Same.

The last time I got a mount from a crate drop was last year when New Moon was on mega discount and I stocked up. I'm literally only missing the New Moon Senche, prob because the others kept dropping instead and I got tons of gems.

Since then? Nada. Nothing from Frost Atronach. Nothing from Scalecaller. Nothing from Gloomspore (not that I wanted one from that season). Nothing from Nightfall (didn't want those either so). Nothing from Psijic. Nothing from New Moon re-release. 90+ crates and not a single mount drop, barely any 100 gem drops, lots of collectible trash I can't even decon for gems because its "account bound" already. Never once in my entirety of ESO have I gotten a rare Radiant Apex either.

And honestly I really, really hate the gem exclusives. The only passable "exclusive" was the Skyterror Pup that went for 100 gems. Wanted the Gloam Wolf mount for my Nocturnal main toon, had no gems, now its gone (and its one of the only Nocturnal-themed anythings that I'm missing). Wanted the new purple horse since it could pass for a "gloam horse", planned to buy it ever since the first data mine leak, now its another gem exclusive even more expensive than the wolf.

I'm sure ZoS thinks I hate myself enough to accrue that many gems just for that horse, but I don't. I'd spend money in an instant if it was available for direct buy, but instead I'll just continue to feel annoyance every time I glimpse someone with that "exclusive" mount I wanted and won't ever have because ZoS would rather use predatory sale tactics I'm not dumb enough for.
    Edited by thegreatme on September 17, 2020 12:57AM
    Join my Nocturnal-devoted Mercenary Reach guild! https://esokrakeclan.weebly.com/
    My Artstation | Deviantart | Youtube | Furaffinity

Thank You ZoS!:
    ◙ Blackfeather Court banker/merchant
    ◙ Gloam Indrik
    ◙ Re-release Gloam Wolf Mount

Let's See It Happen ZoS:
    ◙ /honorloop emote
    ◙ cross-legged sitting emote
    ◙ Evergloam house
    ◙ Hagraven Polymorph
    ◙ Hagraven Houseguest
  • tactx
    tactx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going to be different here and say I love the purple horse crown gem exclusive. It looks better than many radiant apex mounts and no gambling was involved.

I know a lot of people said they wished they could radiant apex mounts for gems. This quality of mount seems like a very near alternative.
    “No one's happiness but my own is in my power to achieve or to destroy.” - John Galt, Atlas Shrugged
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tactx wrote: »
    Going to be different here and say I love the purple horse crown gem exclusive. It looks better than many radiant apex mounts and no gambling was involved.

I know a lot of people said they wished they could radiant apex mounts for gems. This quality of mount seems like a very near alternative.

Gonna have to call this one out. Yes, unless you magically got gems from anywhere other than crates, gambling was involved.

And no, twitch crates do not feasibly add up to enough gems to get that mount.

I loved the mount, and I hope they release more mounts like it. Unfortunately, they care more about money than they do about their players/customers. Until Microsoft- well I HOPE Microsoft puts an end to this deplorable marketing scheme.
  • Lapin_Logic
    Lapin_Logic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tactx wrote: »

I must also say that even if you had spent hundreds in cash on electric watching endless twitch drops streams you still took part in a gamble from opening the crates to hoping you got enough to buy it in its limited time window of sale.

I can't argue about how the mount looks, I do agree it looked great.. but that's what Crowns (the *Premium* currency) was introduced to the game for, you can spend 90 British Pounds on a grand island home purchased with Crowns, there is literally zero argument for anything "High Quality" to have the Crown Gem gamble layer placed on top of it except for generating artificial scarcity like the items removed from the store to make space or the Limited time/ one time only items, its to pray on those with a compulsive personality or compulsive disorder.

If they truly just wanted a faucet for you to use your gems on then just let them be used in place of Crowns in the crown store at a reasonable exchange rate, imagine buying Appearance change tokens, Skyshards or more crates with Gems, it would eventually be like one of those arcade "Penny Pusher" machines where you are guaranteed a diminishing return but you still have that option, in the Crown store Crowns should be King.
  • riondose
    riondose
    Soul Shriven
    With this months (September 2020) move to multiple "Crown Gem Exclusives" I feel the Crown store Mutating, The CG Exclusives were initially dropped in as "Something for those who have a backlog of gems something to purchase with them" this in itself was a dishonest statement because anyone with Crown Gems can simply spend them on next seasons 400 Crown Gem Mounts in the crown crates.

The fact as this month has only 2 NEW items and they are Both Crown Gem Exclusive is shady, There is no way to BUY Crown Gems, instead someone like Me has to Purchase Crown Crates (From which I detest the aesthetics of the mounts and Pets) hoping I don't clutter my collections up with garbage while simultaneously hoping for BIG GEM item duplicates so i don't Haemorrhage money (That is SHORT due to the Pandemic) Just so I can buy a skin that I already have Crowns for But apparently Crowns have zero value in game in the future apart from buying Crown (Decon) Crates.

Game performance is already making it hard for us to love the game but we are sticking around, please don't kick us while we are down in the cosmetic shop too

----

i would like to add the rarity of Radiant apex mounts being way too exclusive. even testing 240 crates the chance is abyssmally small. some kind of reward for supporting it would be great say being able to choose your mounts drop instead of getting a duplicate for 132 gems is not worth it. there are so many other games i know that features better support for if you use crown gems. converting ingame gold to gems. could be viable. or literally rid of gems and have a crown return when duplicate is made. so its viable. why all these currencies. i mean i got way too much of the gems its hilariously comical to see the next apex mounts being bought with the gems. i love the game and been long time ESO+ supporter since 3days headstart. returning back to enjoy the new things. but the crown store is literally in need of a masive overhaul.