The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you use execute in pvp?

hakan
hakan
✭✭✭✭✭
Trying to refine my builds and looked up some builds online and wondered

Why some builds dont use execute abilities?

I assume the damage is high enough for those? Just wanna get some different insight.
Edited by hakan on August 31, 2020 2:53PM
  • finehair
    finehair
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use bloodthirst on my draugrkin sorc, casting anything other than bloodthirst will get me killed
    Maybe could throw an endless fury before engaging but that's it.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, of course!

A lot of builds, like Nightblades, build around execute specifically with 3x bloothirsty. I was doing vSP last night on my StamBlade and the 2nd to last boss I crit for 122k with my Killer Blade (execute skill). Before that, was 95k, 100k, etc...
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should also clarify what build (e.g. class) you are trying to go for, as some classes like DragonKnight might be different than a Nightblade in terms of execute skill.
  • DTStormfox
    DTStormfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some builds use their Ultimate ability as an execute ability. Some builds simply don't need them because the 'normal' damage will do the job. Some builds don't use an execute because it takes up an ability slot which they want to use for something considered more effective and/or efficient.
    Only responds to constructive replies/mentions

Immortal-Legends Guild Master
    Veteran PvP player

• hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donny_Vito wrote: »
    You should also clarify what build (e.g. class) you are trying to go for, as some classes like DragonKnight might be different than a Nightblade in terms of execute skill.

lol sorry. i should have said this is more for pvp. i usually play nb and dk
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do, when I remember to.
    The Moot Councillor
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As stamina I always have an execute slotted.

As magicka... I've used the magplar execute. And of course endless fury is strong. But my magblade does not use his class execute in pvp. A skill only really usable sub 25% is too limited.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MagDK doesnt have execute ability. They use Leap as execute.
  • OlumoGarbag
    OlumoGarbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many magicka classes dont have a good execute and some stam classes have a spammable thats good enough so you dont need an execute. Stamblade or stamplar for example.
    class representative for the working class, non-cp, bwb and Trolling
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hakan wrote: »

Ah! Makes more sense then. I tend to only use the Jesus Beam (MagPlar) and Kill Stealer (MagSorc Endless Fury) as the only executes. I guess Reverse Slash could count as well, but for class specifics I don't really use the NBs execute too often...seems too much of a chance they'll heal just above the threshold right before I use it.
  • Flaaklypa
    Flaaklypa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes the 2H executioner is very strong in pvp for stam characters with the exeption of stamplar.

Magplars use the beam.

the rest im not sure about.

Stamdk and Stamblade most certainly use executioner. dont use killers blade.

I see some people recommending bloddthirsty trait, i wouldnt recommend it since it wont boost healing done. whereas infused will increase vigor and rally aswell.
    Edited by Flaaklypa on August 31, 2020 3:37PM
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Generally speaking yes. Most single target builds that have access to executes will use them.

The only common deviations I can think of are Magicka Templar and Stam NB. The templar execute is clunky and stam NB can kill 95% of enemies without an execute.
    Edited by manny254 on August 31, 2020 3:44PM
    - Mojican
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I had one I'd use it but my magDK doesn't have an execute ability. Would make PVP easier if I had an ability designed to end fights quicker but I have to brute force my way to victory with well timed bursts.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Combat in ESO PvP has changed quite a bit in the last year or so to become much more of a burst oriented meta. Especially with the healing changes to the last patch executes have become mostly unnecessary as it's nearly impossible to heal through that initial burst.
    Hitting a full 500 point ulti with Balorgh's increases my light attack damage so much through the extra penetration I can use them to quickly finish off whatever health the burst combo doesn't.
    I do use poison injection at the beginning of my combo for that extra bit of damage but it's been nerfed so heavily I don't consider it a true execute anymore.
  • Flaaklypa
    Flaaklypa
    ✭✭✭✭
    manny254 wrote: »
    Generally speaking yes. Most single target builds that have access to executes will use them.

The only common deviations I can think of are Magicka Templar and Stam NB. The templar execute is clunky and stam NB can kill 95% of enemies without an execute.

Oh, you cant be more wrong.
    You actually picked the two classes that actually uses execute abilities, instead of picking mag den or mag dk or something similar.

• Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With my Stamwarden I’ve got players standing in my leeching vines and arrow barrage, CC’d by gripping shards, with growing swarm and soul consuming trap already eating their health and a sub assault on the way. The execute bonus for whirling blades is just an added bonus at that point. Stamden is great for building that kind of pressure, rss management is the hard part.
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    frontend wrote: »
    manny254 wrote: »

Oh, you cant be more wrong.
    You actually picked the two classes that actually uses execute abilities, instead of picking mag den or mag dk or something similar.

I was referring to the pool of builds that can have an execute. How could I pick those two?
    - Mojican
  • Morwaenna
    Morwaenna
    ✭✭✭
    Magsorc here. I only run execute in battlegrounds if someone did it to me first as using it feels cheap and I prefer slotting mages light.
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hakan wrote: »

Ah! Makes more sense then. I tend to only use the Jesus Beam (MagPlar) and Kill Stealer (MagSorc Endless Fury) as the only executes. I guess Reverse Slash could count as well, but for class specifics I don't really use the NBs execute too often...seems too much of a chance they'll heal just above the threshold right before I use it.

yeah i know right?

Whenever i use it, i feel like i could kill them without it too. But also people can heal above the range just before i can land execute which feels wasted.
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As sDK I use Executioner from 2h
    Awake, but at what cost
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have 2 builds with no execute magdk and a bow/bow warden I aptly named "the piece of ***".

You can build a lot of pressure via dots, bleeds etc... Then all you really need is a spammable to not allow your opponent off of their back bar.