The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PING meter changed?

Gizit
Gizit
✭✭✭
I dont want to think that the game devs would adjust the PING meter to try and trick us in some sort of way.. but i have noticed now that when i am trying to cast a skill, and per the usual nothing happens. But this time around my PING which is normally skyrocketed because you know Gray Host at anytime is absolutely worthless i would see roughly 200+ PING and understand that oh I forget if i want PvP i need to be in stormhaven.

But nooooowwwwww, sub 100 ping and still no abilities... So i have to ask if any of you are also noticing this. Or, or or or, am i being crazy...

Needless to say I like most of you are so very close to the uninstall phase of this but for some reason cant pull the trigger.
This may just be the straw, hopefully.

And before all you "YoU CoUlD JUst SToP PlAyInG" players chime in, i think you may want to actually equip skills on your bars you like attack street ants.
I do the things! for the team, score points! win the day by *** the stuff! HELL yeah!
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm under the impression for a while now that the server 'prioritizes' the ping over skills etc. This just means that the in-game ping meter only reflects the packet travel time to and from the server. The calculation delay of the overloaded server goes on top of that for skills, bar swaps, registering damage etc.

Let's maybe put a 3 seconds cooldown on ping echo requests...
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • fullheartcontainer
    fullheartcontainer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been noticing this exact same thing. My skills arent working at all like it's really high ping, but the game is telling me I have a ping of like 108. It seems REALLY sketchy to me
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all ping usually is just a very small data package, it's nothing when compared to actual data and usually ping will give you better results. Another thing is that untill you do it manually ping from ZOS can be handled on different port, that is less stressed than the ports responsible for managing combat data (each port have it's buffer that can contain certain amount of in and out data).

So in general you never saw and will never see the real delay we have in ESO. In the past I have played many games on much worse internet connection, even with ping 150-200 it was manageable because 200ms is 1/5 of a second! It is noticeable but not game breaking. While in eso you can measure the ping manually using watch (LOL)! When you press the skill it takes seconds to land thus the real ping during prime time is way over 1000, sometimes it reaches 3000.

Their ping tool is totally useless
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge