Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Why choose a Flesh colossus for Necro Ult?

MagicalLija
MagicalLija
✭✭✭✭✭
I've just started playing Necromancer, (I know the DLC has been out for a year)

But it's been bugging me lots why they chose a Flesh colossus and not a bone colossus or anything remotely dead.

It would have been way more thematic to have a massive bone colossus smash down like what you see on the final boss of unhallowed grave

idurvcf3ldj41.jpg?auto=webp&s=155a077871005da54e11479d94e00a3abfb87d35
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember that time the Vestige had to rescue Abnur Tharn and created that tiny Flesh Atronach in order to reach him?

Well, he practiced the Necromantic arts a lot since then and upgraded his tiny meatball to a giant meaty zombie
    "We're all born under the same sky and on the same earth. Therefore, we all deserve the same amount of respect."
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get the bony Bone Goliath transformation in another bones-related skill line called Bone Tyrant with abilities like Bone Totem.

Bones ... many bones ...
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can even wear bone armor on your bone goliath transformation while wearing a motif with lots of bones like dragonbone. >.>
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Apox
    Apox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    remember before elsweyr launched and it was originally planned to be a *** honkin bone dragon breathing **** you on your enemies? i remember. it was cool
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apox wrote: »
    remember before elsweyr launched and it was originally planned to be a *** honkin bone dragon breathing **** you on your enemies? i remember. it was cool

Oh god yeah i remember that

eso-reaper-skills-elementalist-necromancer-class-min.jpg

Would of been 100,000 times cooler then the colossus ngl
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    While Necromancer is the title for the entire class, every class in ESO is comprised of 3 skill lines that influence every skill within them.

Warden:
    • Animal Companions
    • Green Balance
    • Winter's Embrace

Necromancer:
    • Grave Lord
    • Bone Tyrant
    • Living Death

Honestly, Necro's themes always seemed very similar compared to other classes.. but one thing is for certain, Bone Tyrant deals with bones, thus it's ultimate is the Bone Goliath. I think it's reasonable to think Grave Lord and Living Death would have themes that are not central to "bones".

I do wish they stuck with the Dragon ultimate above ^ . Much cooler concept, but I understand why they'd like to make the skill lines feel more unique from another. They do it with every class.
    PC Beta - 2200+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Apox
    Apox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whats most interesting is that image depicts siphon attaching directly to what appears to be a living enemy. i bet if that were the case we wouldnt be a year post elsweyr launch with the stupid ability still not working because the game doesnt seem to recognize the 2-3 blastbone corpses you have directly in front of your crosshairs
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apox wrote: »
    whats most interesting is that image depicts siphon attaching directly to what appears to be a living enemy. i bet if that were the case we wouldnt be a year post elsweyr launch with the stupid ability still not working because the game doesnt seem to recognize the 2-3 blastbone corpses you have directly in front of your crosshairs

Debatable, it looks like it's just illustrating that the siphon is connected to the corpse and the enemy in between you and the coprse takes damage which is the current design of the skill.

Playing devils advocate here, but it would be cool if the skill attached to your enemy, then forked to all nearby corpses to increase it's damage by +10% per corpse or something like that. Increasing the amount of targets it can hit between the streams and allowing an interaction between the Necro and situations where there is an abundant amount of corpses other than the Ult Gen skill to consume them. Would also fix the issue you mention with targetting they can't seem to fix..
    Edited by MashmalloMan on August 30, 2020 3:55PM
    PC Beta - 2200+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A flesh atronach is like probably the most iconic necromancer monster in TES. I honestly think ESO necro focuses too heavily on bones and not enough on zombie/flesh
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
    Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher

BLACK HAIR FOR ALTMER PLEASE (hair color cosmetic pack)
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flesh atronachs are made from parts of different people, I believe, so they're made using necromancy.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A flesh atronach is like probably the most iconic necromancer monster in TES. I honestly think ESO necro focuses too heavily on bones and not enough on zombie/flesh

The Zombie erasure is real. Not all undead are all bone! Some still got a little meat. Some have a lot of meat. And no bones.
  • SlimeBro1
    SlimeBro1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've just started playing Necromancer, (I know the DLC has been out for a year)

But it's been bugging me lots why they chose a Flesh colossus and not a bone colossus or anything remotely dead.

It would have been way more thematic to have a massive bone colossus smash down like what you see on the final boss of unhallowed grave

idurvcf3ldj41.jpg?auto=webp&s=155a077871005da54e11479d94e00a3abfb87d35

Did you know this ability used to be Zumong Phuum's skeletal dragon breath summon ability? This ability is also on the final boss in Labrythnian in greymoor.

Both iterations look way cooler than the flesh atronach.
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raisin wrote: »

The Zombie erasure is real. Not all undead are all bone! Some still got a little meat. Some have a lot of meat. And no bones.

yeah but rotting corpses are kind of stinkier then skeletons. Also skeletons promote healthy bone growth in your enemies :)