The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Telvanni Wizard-Lord Robes

TheMadTelvanni
TheMadTelvanni
Soul Shriven
Hey there. This is a suggestion that I've been meaning to make for a while, and I hope it generates a lot of discussion because I'd like Zenimax to see it and give it some consideration. When Vvardenfell came out, I was extremely excited for the Dunmer-themed content that I'd been waiting for since launch, and while I was very pleased with Vvardenfell I wound up feeling that the armored robes for the Great House motifs were a little disappointing, especially for House Telvanni. I am not a huge fan of all the armored robes in ESO to begin with, but in particular i was hoping for an actual, regular robe to wear on my Dunmer mage. (Recently Zenimax has been a little better about putting nicer looking robes in their light armor motifs, like Honor Guard and Pyre Watch, but I digress.)

That is why I was looking forward to the release of the Telvanni Wizard-Lord robes that some of the higher level Telvanni NPCs wear on Vvardenfell, such as Gothren, Dratha, Therana and others. Here's an image for reference:

ON-npc-Magister_Gothren.jpg

However, when they became available for purchase, to my great disappointment yet again, they released a version of the robes with a short cut, similar to the ones Therana specifically wears:

latest?cb=20170602204724

Now, I know a lot of people actually like these robes, and that's fine and good! I am not actually asking to change them. What I am asking for is for Zenimax to consider giving those who have purchased these robes access to a second version with a longer cut, more like an actual robe than like a long tunic or a skirt as it presently exists. They did this recently with the Antiquarian Robes, the reward for maxing out your Antiquities skills. There is a long version:

Antiquarian-Robes-Argonian-Male-Front.jpg

And then a short version, with a slightly different style:

10.jpg

Both are a reward for completing the skill line. Preferably, since a lot of people have already bought the Telvanni robes, and since the longer version already exists as an asset in your game and you would not need to spend any great amount of time creating it, it would be nice if you could provide the longer version as a free option to those who have the Telvanni Wizard-Lord Robes purchased in their outfits collection. But I'm not foolishly optimistic and if I had to buy them over again for the opportunity to get the longer version, I probably would, if that's what it takes to accomplish this.

If the community agrees with me and thinks this is a good idea, please let me know. I'd appreciate your support, and any suggests from you on how I might be able to attract Zenimax's attention with this. I'm not naive enough to think they read every suggestion on the forums, but I don't really know how to go about garnering publicity for such an idea.
  • TheMadTelvanni
    TheMadTelvanni
    Soul Shriven
    Alas it's starting to seem I'm alone in my sentiments lol
  • Shadowspawn42
    Shadowspawn42
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, I never saw the original post. But I definitely agree with you. Though I haven’t played a wizard-type character yet, I’m definitely interested in doing so in the future. The long robes look a lot more...wizard-y? I don’t know, but they’re a lot better.
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah i'm actually the opposite. I prefer the short cut as opposed to the full-lengeth robes and actually wish more of them were made that way and I often times pass them up bc they're not.

They are pretty careless when it comes to amending past released items unless there's widespread outrage like the Leg bug to an Argonian Egg-sister Costume is the only one I can ever recall.

My images have since Expired (My Edits Below) but I made this thread some time ago requesting they edit this costume and it never came to fruition although they did release a similar costume some time later that I like to think I played a part in but it was not to my liking unfortunately and ultimately passed on it... I liked the Feathers and everything but the Skirting/ Kilt just doesn't do it for me in the slightest.
    My thread:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/391959/egg-brother-four-fabric-male/p1
    Thier Rendition: Bonding Rite Vestment
    https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2018/12/Bonding-Rite-Vestment-Argonian-Male-Close-Front.jpg
    Male-Egg-Brother.png
    Egg-Brother-Argonian2.png