The Firesong DLC and Update 36 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 3:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 3, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 11:00AM EDT (15:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 11:00AM EDT (15:00 UTC)

Weapon traits - Infused versus Nirnhoned

eMKa8
eMKa8
✭✭
I am wondering what might be the best trait between the 2 IF you have a damage glyph (shock, fire , frost, ...)

Infused means : "Reduces enchantment's cooldown by 50% + Increase Weapon Enchantment effect by a %:" (this goes from 10 to 30%)
Nirnhoned means : "Increases Weapon Damage" (this goes from 11 to 15%)

Lets say you have a golden ruby ash inferno staff which has a weapon damage of 1335 (this is the highest)
ANd you are using the glyph of flame " truly superb glyph of flame" which is 2534 (this is also highest possible)

AM i understanding this then correctly that it would definitely be better to use Infused instead of Nirnhoned ???
Nirnhoned would be : 15% x weapon damage 1335 = 200 extra damage
INfused would be : 30% x glyph damage 2534 = 760 extra damage

I understand that the glyph of fire has a cooldown of 4 seconds , but isnt that the only setback for using infused ???

THanks !

Best Answer

• Unified_Gaming
    Unified_Gaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    The glyph doesn't get buffed by nirnhoned but does by infused and indirectly by sharpened. Nirnhoned buffs all skills so better for burst combos but infused is better for sustained damage as the glyph procs quicker.
    Unified Gaming - creating a shared and Unified Gaming community.

For some of the best and most up to date PVP builds around or useful tips and tricks from an experienced player for PvP and PvE, then check out my channel and consider subscribing if you want to see regular ESO content.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCorbta-fAHKJcxJ6ExbtPwg/
  • eMKa8
    eMKa8
    ✭✭
    The glyph doesn't get buffed by nirnhoned but does by infused and indirectly by sharpened. Nirnhoned buffs all skills so better for burst combos but infused is better for sustained damage as the glyph procs quicker.

I understood most
    But what do you exactly mean with : nirnhoned buff all skills So better for burst combos ??
  • eMKa8
    eMKa8
    ✭✭
    Does nirnhoned give another sort of damage besides the low 200 extra damage?

Because i still dont have an answer on why nienhoned might sometiles be better than infused

On top of that i understood that infused actually makes it proc even faster, so even there it is better

So how does the 780 dmg relate to the only 200 extra dmg of nirnhoned?
  • eMKa8
    eMKa8
    ✭✭

You are confusing weapon damage with damage done. Nirnhoned increases weapon damage which is then used in calculations to determine the damage done by skills. The value for the enchantment is damage done.

Thanks ! I understand now. I was indeed confusing them ;-)

Do you know how much weapon damage relate to overal Extra damage ? Lets say you have 1000weapon damage total and you have 30K stamina ... how does it calculate then ?

Or is wpn dmg linked to the ability skill damage?
  • StytchFingal
    StytchFingal
    ✭✭✭
    eMKa8 wrote: »
    You are confusing weapon damage with damage done. Nirnhoned increases weapon damage which is then used in calculations to determine the damage done by skills. The value for the enchantment is damage done.

Do you know how much weapon damage relate to overal Extra damage ? Lets say you have 1000weapon damage total and you have 30K stamina ... how does it calculate then ?

100 stamina/magicka equals aproximately 10.5 weapon/spell damage. Here's a link to more calculations than you've dreamed of https://esoitem.uesp.net/viewSkillCoef.php
  • eMKa8
    eMKa8
    ✭✭
    eMKa8 wrote: »

100 stamina/magicka equals aproximately 10.5 weapon/spell damage. Here's a link to more calculations than you've dreamed of https://esoitem.uesp.net/viewSkillCoef.php

Oh boy ..