The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Main Quest Confusion

Shadowspawn42
Shadowspawn42
✭✭✭
New player here! I’m struggling to figure out how to progress the main quest (the one with Molag Bal, Mannimarco, etc.). Story wise, I’m still in Auridon (I’m AD) and I believe I have finished all the main quests there, but I can’t figure out how to progress further. I still have some zone quests in Auridon, do I need to complete those first?
Thanks for your help!

Best Answer

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure the following bug isn't fixed yet.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5949819#Comment_5949819

I ran into it on one of my characters as recently as last week.

This sounds like it might be the problem. I never saw a banekin, and haven’t gone to the Mages’ Guild. Do you know if abandoning The Demon Weapon will fix it or do I need to send in a support ticket?

Edit: I am just now seeing that this is reported on PC, but I’m on Xbox and it seems to be the same problem. Sooo...idk what that’s about.

Either abandon or finish the Prologue quests and The Tharn Speaks should start up.
    Answer ✓
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the zone guide says you're done with all of the Auridon zone-required quests, there's usually one to take you to the next zone. If not, you can go there manually and start the quest yourself. However, that is the main quest for the zone. The one you want.. hm..
    For the main quest.. It used to be based on your level, but now I don't know. Where are you trying to find the quest? Is it your 'home' alliance? Have you done any of the main quest (the first quest in line takes you to what used to be the base game's tutorial)?
    Edited by kadochka on August 26, 2020 9:29PM
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you spoken to the Prophet? Or the Lady with the Veil? You find them at the entrance to the main city for you Alliance in each zone.

Now, it was originally designed for you to do the Alliance zones at the same time as the Main Quest, it makes more sense in the end. And, you kind of have to tie things up in the end. Well, at least do the final quests in Zone 5 or Reaper's March for your Alliance. OK, so I know I have confused you even more, so, here, see this for the way to handle all these Story Arcs

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/413807/what-order-should-i-do-esos-story-arcs-a-guide/p1
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5949819#Comment_5949819

• Shadowspawn42
    Shadowspawn42
    ✭✭✭

This sounds like it might be the problem. I never saw a banekin, and haven’t gone to the Mages’ Guild. Do you know if abandoning The Demon Weapon will fix it or do I need to send in a support ticket?

Edit: I am just now seeing that this is reported on PC, but I’m on Xbox and it seems to be the same problem. Sooo...idk what that’s about.
    Edited by Shadowspawn42 on August 26, 2020 10:04PM
  • Shadowspawn42
    Shadowspawn42
    ✭✭✭
    I think I messed up. According to wiki, you do have to be level 25 for the quest to start, and I’m not there yet. So it’s probably just that. Very sorry to everyone, and thank you all for your help!
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The bug is definitely on all platforms, and abandoning The Demon Weapon resolved it for me.
    I think I messed up. According to wiki, you do have to be level 25 for the quest to start, and I’m not there yet. So it’s probably just that. Very sorry to everyone, and thank you all for your help!
    I don't think it's a level thing. I'm pretty sure the main quest stopped being level-gated ages ago. Which wiki are you using? Most stuff on fextralife hasn't been updated in years. UESP is much better.
    Edited by the1andonlyskwex on August 26, 2020 10:49PM
  • Shadowspawn42
    Shadowspawn42
    ✭✭✭
    @the1andonlyskwex I see what you’re saying. I just checked UESP and it doesn’t say anything about that. I will try to abandon The Demon Weapon tonight and see if that helps. Thank you again for the advice!
  • old_scopie1945
    old_scopie1945
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes abandon The Demon Weapon quest and that will fix it. The banekin will now appear. I can't remember if you have to enter and then exit the Harborage first though after you abandon The Demon Weapon quest. You can get The Demon Weapon quest again later.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes abandon The Demon Weapon quest and that will fix it. The banekin will now appear. I can't remember if you have to enter and then exit the Harborage first though after you abandon The Demon Weapon quest. You can get The Demon Weapon quest again later.
    The Elsweyr prologue has an conflict with the main quest at least if you are AD as both uses Tharn in the same delve.
    I tried this in the hope that I could get two of him :) but the main quest just stop at this point.
    If you drop or finish the demon weapon you can continue.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Shadowspawn42
    Shadowspawn42
    ✭✭✭
    Update: I abandoned it and that seems to have fixed it. Thank you all for your help! I seriously would have never figured this out, I thought I was just in the wrong location or something.
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭
    Update: I abandoned it and that seems to have fixed it. Thank you all for your help! I seriously would have never figured this out, I thought I was just in the wrong location or something.

I had a similar problem just a week ago in Western Skyrim where -- at a certain part of the quest line -- one the quests would not advance.

I abandoned the quest, and run through it again and it worked fine. :D
    • ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
    • IVY GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
    • IVY GOLDBLAZE, HIGH ELF TEMPLAR
    • "Adapt or Die"