The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How has Stonethorn affected how much you stack Impen (Crit Resist), Crit, and Crit Damage?

taugrim
taugrim
✭✭✭✭✭
IMO the single biggest gear change for PVP with Stonethorn v6.1.5:
Impenetrable: Reduced the Critical Resistance granted to 127, down from 172.

I'm curious to hear what you're doing to adjust to the Impen nerf.

Before the patch, I had 3k Crit Resist but it dropped to ~2.5k with the patch. I've been experimenting with swapping Impen with Divines, given that the latter was buffed. So far the change seems worth it. Fights go faster and having the extra damage from Divines (The Warrior Mundus Stone) has been helpful.

I don't yet have Crit-based gear (I'm CP180) but am mulling over acquiring it.

I'm curious to hear what your experience has been stacking Spell/Weapon Crit and Crit Damage in your builds.
PC | NA | CP 2.2k
  • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
  • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
  • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're talking about Cyrodiil, @taugrim, I think the jury's out on what players will be running until after the AoE test is completed.

A lot of players in Cyrodiil are running stacked health or some other "modified" build just for the AoE testing.

But otherwise you're right ... some players have most likely added another piece of Impen to get to that magic number of 3k Crit Resist.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on August 26, 2020 9:33PM
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4k pre patch 3.5 after.

i did however bump up my crit damage a bit in combination with the acuity changes, being able to consistently proc that set might have been a bad idea tbh, i have smashed a couple people with it pretty dirty.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    taugrim wrote: »
    IMO the single biggest gear change for PVP with Stonethorn v6.1.5:
    Impenetrable: Reduced the Critical Resistance granted to 127, down from 172.

I'm curious to hear what you're doing to adjust to the Impen nerf.

Before the patch, I had 3k Crit Resist but it dropped to ~2.5k with the patch. I've been experimenting with swapping Impen with Divines, given that the latter was buffed. So far the change seems worth it. Fights go faster and having the extra damage from Divines (The Warrior Mundus Stone) has been helpful.

I don't yet have Crit-based gear (I'm CP180) but am mulling over acquiring it.

I'm curious to hear what your experience has been stacking Spell/Weapon Crit and Crit Damage in your builds.

Just to update what I wrote, a couple things I've realized about my stats and after playing more BGs (no CP):
    1. I never had 3k Crit Resist. The stat sheet in the world shows CPs factored in
    2. After the patch I had like 1.7k Crit Resist. I played more BGs and was getting blown up. I'm back up to 1.9k Crit Resist and still trying to acquiring more armor with Impen for the sets I'm using (Eternal Vigor, Shadow of the Red Mountain)
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
    • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just curious.
    Are you Taugrim from Warhammer Online, Aion, GW2 etc?
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    For no-cp I usually go 5 impen. After this nerf I'll be sitting at 1985 which is 29%, I'm pretty comfortable with that. While I could go 7 impen, I'd only be gaining 3% more crit resist and giving up 12% dodge roll and sprint cost reduction. CP is different what with crit modifier cp, and cp's allowing a crit heavy build. I'd go for around 3k, that would get you around 44%, but what with your limited amount of cp it really isn't possible. And coupled with the fact that crit resistance is useless against malacath builds, I'd be careful about going something like Impreg.

For your amount of cp/no-cp going divines over impen is iffy. 7 gold divines would get you around 125 wep dmg (150 w/ maj brutality), vs 13% crit resist from 7 gold impen. However crits can really hurt, like the guy before me said about wrecking people with acuity's guaranteed crit for 5 secs.

Stacking crit dmg has a little more to do with class, NB's and Templars get an extra 10% crit dmg so it makes more sense for them to stack crit dmg than another class which will be down that extra 10%. Khajiit get another 10%.
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just curious.
    Are you Taugrim from Warhammer Online, Aion, GW2 etc?

Yup.
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vizirith wrote: »
    For your amount of cp/no-cp going divines over impen is iffy. 7 gold divines would get you around 125 wep dmg (150 w/ maj brutality), vs 13% crit resist from 7 gold impen. However crits can really hurt, like the guy before me said about wrecking people with acuity's guaranteed crit for 5 secs.

Stacking crit dmg has a little more to do with class, NB's and Templars get an extra 10% crit dmg so it makes more sense for them to stack crit dmg than another class which will be down that extra 10%. Khajiit get another 10%.

Thanks this is helpful guidance.

And it makes sense that some classes/races make sense to stack crit based on their mechanics.
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k