The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My game freezes 4 times out of 5 on the character login screen

m0rphine04
m0rphine04
✭✭
hello,
i had a routine when i played eso before greymoor:
i would pop a movie on a second screen and while watching said movie, i would do crafting dailies on my 18 characs. but since the greymoor update, playing the game has been a constant pain
.i would freeze almost every time i get b to the character selection ( if i just logged into the screen or tried to switch characters) . and now , doing crafting dailies is just a nightmare . i tried everything i usually do when there is a new update to fix it .but nothing would work this time .
so i rage quited , cancelled my subscribtion in the hope that after sometimes , this would be a known issue and solved . And of course nothing changed :)
So im posting this thread .maybe one of u guys know what the solution is?
if not , i may just give up the game

thx for reading
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Greetings @m0rphine04

The troubleshooting in this article may be able to help if you are getting stuck on the character load screen.

If the issue persists after trying these steps, then please open a ticket at help.elderscrollsonline.com and a member of our support team would be happy to assist you further.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • ChimpyChumpy
    ChimpyChumpy
    ✭✭✭
    Do you have a million addons for these characters? Disabling a bunch fixed load times for me.
  • m0rphine04
    m0rphine04
    ✭✭
    Hello , i finally found the solution to this hell of a problem :smile: , i changed one line in the 'UserSettings.txt" ( in user/documents/eso/live folder ) :
    'SET CharacterSelectForceAllCharacterPreloads ' changed the '0' to '1' , and now everything is finally working like pre greymoor; i did my crafts on all my alts without crashing :open_mouth:

hope it helps people with the same problem.
  • cheeseaddict
    cheeseaddict
    ✭✭✭
    this worked on the character I was on but every time I changed characters it reverted back to "0"