The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Changes to dwarven table texture?

Marunaiad
Marunaiad
Soul Shriven
Hello housing people, quick question about the Dwarven Table, Refined. As you can see below, the texture has changed quite a bit. I'm wondering if this is an intentional change or a bug of some kind? The other dwarven tables texture's haven't been changed, so I'm hoping it's a mistake? I bought these tables since they matched the house I was building and now they don't match at all. Any info appreciated.
s86dhkffhavo.jpg
Housing Nerd - PC/NA -- Cyrodilic Jungle House - Black Vine Villa - Kragenhome
  • Ayalockheart
    Ayalockheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's original code was probably copied to create the same item with different asset/texture and instead of removing the table code with the new asset they probably removed the one with original asset/texture by mistake (my guesses). It should be patched soon since you posted about it.

This table is probably part of the new furnitures comming with the next map DLC.
    Edited by Ayalockheart on August 25, 2020 2:19PM
    PC-EU @ayalockheart Open House List
    • Hall of Lunar Champion - Crystal Palace
    • Moon Sugar Meadow - Nordic Cabin ( Hytta )
    • Sleek Creek - Ivory Oasis
    • Earthtear Cavern - Welkynd Ruins
    • Dawnshadow - Château Blanc
    • The Gorinir Estate - Homestead
    • Thieve's Oasis - (WIP - on hold)
    • Black Vine Villa - TSS Rumare
    • Pariah Pinnacle - Frostguard Fortress
    • Forgemaster Falls - Fogimasuta Ryokan
    • Alinor Crest House - Halloween Party House ~ Will be open on 31/10/23
    • Cyrodilic Jungle House - Golden Mug Caffe
    • Stay Moist Mansion - Emberfall
    • Hunter's Glade - Lost Cult
    • Coldharbour Surreal State - The Pridwen
    • Velothi Reverie - The Perl among corals
    • Exorcised Coven Cottage - The Ground's Keeper Hut
    • Ravenhurst - The Drowsy Stag
    • Captain Margaux- Hallix's Elixirs
    • Flaming Nix - Hare Pines Cottage
    • Stillwaters Retreat - Hogsmeade
    • Panterfang Chapel - Seacrest Fort
    • Domus Phrasticus - Mielikki
    • Hammerdeath Bungalow - The Cottage
    • Mornouth Keep - Ivybury Estate
    • Serenity Falls - [WIP ]
    Comissions done
    Housing Guilds: Ars Gratia
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi all, thanks for letting us know. This change wasn't intentional, and we're working on getting it fixed for a future patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Ode2Order
    Ode2Order
    ✭✭✭
    The new one looks better though. :(
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    looks like an upgrade to me
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks @StabbityDoom
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    May be an upgrade, but that's why there could maybe be two? Because some people would like their furnishings to match - especially dwarven furnishings, which there aren't a ton of. Two items would give another thing to drop *shrug*
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love them to revise ALL older assets - some of it looks like blocky minecraft lego. I know there are a few hardened vocal opponents to this who are concerned about their housing builds being affected but the benefits far outweigh this. It's for the good of the game.

Imagine all the old zones with newer detailed versions of their respective furniture. It would give the entire game a facelift and bring it all on par with each other. This would be the best thing that could happen.

Duplicating the item with a different texture would mean it's impossible to update old zones. Food for thought ;-)
  • Mizael
    Mizael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Definaly an upgrade, can we keep or get that version too? @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all, thanks for letting us know. This change wasn't intentional, and we're working on getting it fixed for a future patch.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

I totally respect changing this back to reflect the original appearance that people bought it for, but I actually bought the plans for it just yesterday because it was displaying this new and interesting white/gold combo! I thought it was a new asset from Greymoor or something. Now I wouldn't complain about having the (apparently) original table recipe, but if you can put in a good word for white-stone/alt-color-stone dwemer furniture, I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one to appreciate it!
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Recremen

Just a word to the wise for next time, never buy a piece of furniture with a texture change that was unannounced. They basically always revert those.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    @Recremen

Just a word to the wise for next time, never buy a piece of furniture with a texture change that was unannounced. They basically always revert those.

@spartaxoxo

No I didn't think it was a texture change, I thought it was a new asset from Greymoor since there's all that blackreach stuff going down. Like a totally new furniture plan.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Ayalockheart
    Ayalockheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sporvan wrote: »
    I'd love them to revise ALL older assets - some of it looks like blocky minecraft lego. I know there are a few hardened vocal opponents to this who are concerned about their housing builds being affected but the benefits far outweigh this. It's for the good of the game.

Imagine all the old zones with newer detailed versions of their respective furniture. It would give the entire game a facelift and bring it all on par with each other. This would be the best thing that could happen.

Duplicating the item with a different texture would mean it's impossible to update old zones. Food for thought ;-)

Imagine how many more possibilities we would have if older furnitures get an updated/better texture. I would finally use all khajiit and nord furniture I end up hoarding and never using (already considered to destroy since some are crowm items and I cant get rid of).
    PC-EU @ayalockheart Open House List
    • Hall of Lunar Champion - Crystal Palace
    • Moon Sugar Meadow - Nordic Cabin ( Hytta )
    • Sleek Creek - Ivory Oasis
    • Earthtear Cavern - Welkynd Ruins
    • Dawnshadow - Château Blanc
    • The Gorinir Estate - Homestead
    • Thieve's Oasis - (WIP - on hold)
    • Black Vine Villa - TSS Rumare
    • Pariah Pinnacle - Frostguard Fortress
    • Forgemaster Falls - Fogimasuta Ryokan
    • Alinor Crest House - Halloween Party House ~ Will be open on 31/10/23
    • Cyrodilic Jungle House - Golden Mug Caffe
    • Stay Moist Mansion - Emberfall
    • Hunter's Glade - Lost Cult