The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help with Jewelry traits on Magicka sorc

hasohen
hasohen
Soul Shriven
I am quite confused about it. Which jewelry trait is better for DPS Magicka sorc? Arcane? Infused? BT? I hear people say that 3 BT is the best, some say 2 infused and 1 BT. Some even say 3 arcane is better. I completely lost with that. I'm right now running 3 Arcane. If it matters, I don't do hardcore content like vet DLC dungeons or vet trials and I solo a lot. Thanks for the help.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hasohen wrote: »
    If it matters, I don't do hardcore content like vet DLC dungeons or vet trials and I solo a lot. Thanks for the help.

Stay with Arcane.

Bloodthirsty is for Trials and PvP

The difference between Infused and Arcane is quite small with regards to damage output, no real difference there. Although, Infused on the Jewelry piece that has a Spell Damage Enchant on it could be helpful in some cases (remember, you lose spell power with the loss in total magic, so not as big a boost as you would think)

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • hasohen
    hasohen
    Soul Shriven
    Nestor wrote: »
    hasohen wrote: »
    If it matters, I don't do hardcore content like vet DLC dungeons or vet trials and I solo a lot. Thanks for the help.

Stay with Arcane.

Bloodthirsty is for Trials and PvP

The difference between Infused and Arcane is quite small with regards to damage output, no real difference there. Although, Infused on the Jewelry piece that has a Spell Damage Enchant on it could be helpful in some cases (remember, you lose spell power with the loss in total magic, so not as big a boost as you would think)

Thanks. If there aren't any real differences I will stay with arcane.
    Options
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a math wiz but based on how you're saying you play, I'd go with arcane and/or infused. If you find yourself running out of mag a lot maybe arcane and if not then I'd go all spell power enchant with infused on all 3 for best dps. And if you need further help on magic recovery you can even do 1 magic recovery glyph (enchant) instead of all 3 spell damage (but that will lower your dps just a tad). But hey, you can't have dps with no resources (magicka).
    Edited by malistorr on August 24, 2020 8:11PM
    Options
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The prismatic regen jewellery enchant is better with infused. I think it gives 84 of each stat regen without infused, and 165 of each regen with infused. Just something else worth thinking about.
    PC | EU
    Options
  • IneedaDollar
    IneedaDollar
    ✭✭✭
    BT is best in slot especially in dungeons when you don't get certain buffs you would have in a raid. If you have too much transmute stones or craft new gear always go for BT.
    But Arcane and Infused are also both perfectly fine.
    Options
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For pvp im in all infused, 2 spell dmg 1 reduce mag cost (300) and im loving it for solo play. Would probably go all spell dmg if I just played in groups, the damage is very good. Reason why I went with infused is 100 SD = 1k mag. im getting 270 SD with infused and 870 mag if I stay with arcane. You get more heals and damage thats retroactive, up at all times. Reason why I didnt go BT is that spell dmg only really kicks in at execute range which is about 100 more than infused but since we have an execute already I dont see the reason to only have that extra SD when it really isnt need (against tanky targets if you cant get the guy low enough you end up not even using the trait) our execute gets the job done. Now its a different story for a class that doesnt have an execute, there BT really shines.
    Options
  • hasohen
    hasohen
    Soul Shriven
    NinchiTV wrote: »
    For pvp im in all infused, 2 spell dmg 1 reduce mag cost (300) and im loving it for solo play. Would probably go all spell dmg if I just played in groups, the damage is very good. Reason why I went with infused is 100 SD = 1k mag. im getting 270 SD with infused and 870 mag if I stay with arcane. You get more heals and damage thats retroactive, up at all times. Reason why I didnt go BT is that spell dmg only really kicks in at execute range which is about 100 more than infused but since we have an execute already I dont see the reason to only have that extra SD when it really isnt need (against tanky targets if you cant get the guy low enough you end up not even using the trait) our execute gets the job done. Now its a different story for a class that doesnt have an execute, there BT really shines.

should I use execute if I want to use BT? if I don't want to run execute, should I only use infused with arcane?
    Options
  • Icaruzs
    Icaruzs
    ✭✭✭
    For sorc i would stick with arcane. It will increase the power of shield and all your dmg. Sorc also can stack max magicka if he wishes, with inner light and bound armor
    Options