The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update 27 Problems created with set "adjustments"

newtinmpls
newtinmpls
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
So I'm seeing:

Spell Power Cure:

This set now grants Major Courage when you over heal the target for 5 seconds, rather than having a 50% chance to grant it when you heal them at 100% Health.
This set no longer has a 6 person target cap, to better mirror the power of Olorime.

This seems to mean that in an actual boss fight, where people will not be "overhealed" for a full 5 seconds ... this set will be useless.

Am I wrong?
Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This change is a significant buff. Previously, you had a 50% chance of granting Major Courage if you healed someone that was already at 100% health. Now you have a 100% chance of granting Major Courage if you heal someone by more than their missing health. So if someone is at 15000/20000 and you heal them for 5001, they get Major Courage.

SPC was already good (basically #2 for healers behind Olorime), and now it's even better.
    Edited by the1andonlyskwex on August 24, 2020 6:34PM
    Options
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, it's a matter of poor/confusing wording of the tooltip.

"Grants X when you overheal the target for 5 seconds" does not mean that you have to keep continuously overhealing the target for 5 seconds straight.
    What it actually means is that the effect is granted, for a duration of 5 seconds, when any overhealing occurs on the target.

So this is actually a significant buff, since it can also proc when the target was not quite at full health before you healed them, as long as you also overhealed them in the process.
    Options
  • Pr0Skygon
    Pr0Skygon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    So I'm seeing:

Spell Power Cure:

This set now grants Major Courage when you over heal the target for 5 seconds, rather than having a 50% chance to grant it when you heal them at 100% Health.
    This set no longer has a 6 person target cap, to better mirror the power of Olorime.

This seems to mean that in an actual boss fight, where people will not be "overhealed" for a full 5 seconds ... this set will be useless.

Am I wrong?

5 seconds is the duration of the buff, not the duration required to proc the buff.
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well just shows you how important grammar is

"Grants X when you overheal the target for 5 seconds" reads VERY different than "Grants X when you overheal the target, for 5 seconds"

Either way, it could be made clearer.

And given this is ZoS, my question has to be has anyone actually tested it to see what is happening
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not mentioned in the thread so far (or maybe not that obvious to everyone):

If you have HoTs going, the 5 second buff will refresh every second of each HoT tick that you overheal your target.

In other words, there’s no cooldown on the activation of the proc ... each time you overheal the target the 5 second timeline refreshes.
    Options
  • martijnlv40
    martijnlv40
    ✭✭✭
    There are definitely situations where SPC is better than Olorime, I think of at least vAS and maybe vHRC hm
    Options