The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I am Bomber! (And So Can You!)

Sedare38
Sedare38
✭✭✭
Nightblade Bomber, NO CP

Gear:
2 Balorgh's, medium and heavy (get your undaunted up!)
5 War Maiden
5 Vicious Death
Armor Traits: all divines, all magicka enchants

Jewlery Traits: 2 magicka, 1 infused
Jewelry Enchants: 3 Dmg

Weapons:
DW Swords: 1 Nirnhoned, 1 Sharpened
Enchants: Weapon/Spell damage and Magicka, get magicka back (I just haven't changed it to anything else, feel free to go double weapon/spell dmg or anything else)
Back Bar: Resto or Destro staff, your choice of trait and enchant, this bar is mainly for buffs anyway.

Skills:
DW Bar:
Lotus Fan, Camo Hunter, Sap Essence, Degeneration, Inner Light, Soul Tether Ulti
Resto/Destro Bar: Simmering Frenzy or Swallow Soul (this is a free slot more or less so you can even use the teleporting shadow guy), Concealed Weapon, Shadowy Disguise, Channeled Acceleration, Proximity Detonation, Ultimate: resto or whatever you want if destro staff

This is not a defacto or definitive build and I'll never say you're wrong for doing something different. This is what I use and it squeezes a lot of damage and works for how I play. @Lord_Bashu knows what I'm talking about. :D

Add-ons you may want ton consider: BuffTimers for a big bar to show the countdown of Proxy Det so you can time it better. Kill Counter as always to count the kills and give yourself a laugh as well.

If you're CP, I'll just assume you should dump into penetration, crit dmg, magicka dmg, and direct dmg on the blue line.

Advice I can give: Practice, practice, practice. Timing is everything, and remember, even 1 kill is a successful bomb, so don't get too frustrated if you don't get it just right off the hop.
Have fun stalking, bombing, and laughing.

Here's some proof in the pudding as they say:
https://youtu.be/dTHklJgdLjQ
Edited by Sedare38 on August 23, 2020 10:51PM
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    no-cp bombing is so nice hahahhaa
    good playing man, i liked your style even in 1vs1.
    just one idea... after explosion, roll Dodge!! you died with a full stamina bar (and with an eyes full of laughing tears i suppose lol)
  • Sedare38
    Sedare38
    ✭✭✭
    coletas wrote: »
    no-cp bombing is so nice hahahhaa
    good playing man, i liked your style even in 1vs1.
    just one idea... after explosion, roll Dodge!! you died with a full stamina bar (and with an eyes full of laughing tears i suppose lol)

lol, yeah so much laughing :)
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Love bomb videos :D Thanks for sharing. Have to wonder if ZOS will change Shadowy Disguise if they get rid of Aoe's.
  • Sedare38
    Sedare38
    ✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    Love bomb videos :D Thanks for sharing. Have to wonder if ZOS will change Shadowy Disguise if they get rid of Aoe's.

they better not! cloak is the mainstay of sneaky sneaky nbs
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just don't understand the allure of this play-style, it's so situational and you don't really accomplish anything. I mean you bomb and die, and everyone you killed gets rezzed and the group moves on to win the next target. I've never seen a bomber actually make a difference, not even annoying anymore. Not knocking you playing it, play what's fun for you....I just don't get it lol.
    Edited by pauld1_ESO on August 24, 2020 12:54PM
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    bombers do much damage even just entertaining lot of enemies in a position until get catched.

and anyway, just for the laughs, worth it. It takes me 2 hours to have a 100:4. This man can do that in 5 minutes lol... and even a 100:1 lol
  • Sedare38
    Sedare38
    ✭✭✭
    pauld1_ESO wrote: »
    I just don't understand the allure of this play-style, it's so situational and you don't really accomplish anything. I mean you bomb and die, and everyone you killed gets rezzed and the group moves on to win the next target. I've never seen a bomber actually make a difference, not even annoying anymore. Not knocking you playing it, play what's fun for you....I just don't get it lol.

It's not my permanent play style, as I have an open field build. Instead it's a total opportunity event. I see the opportunity, I swap to bomb build. I'm not good at open field bombing like others (except the 1 example in the video there, which was pretty cool I think), so I rely on keep takes, door repairs, and flag takes--basically huddled masses scenarios. It's fun.

Like @coletas said, nowhere else can you kill so many at once and gain so much ap at once than with a bomb. 41k in 8 seconds . . . over 5k on an hour long keep defense (with maybe an additional 8k ap sprinkled in from kills, heals, etc) makes bombing ever so worth it.

Most of all it's the entertainment value and challenge: How many can I get this time! Also, I don't always die when I bomb. :P Just mostly! lol Dying for me is not an issue, it's not getting the desired kill. People who get pissy at dying or make NOT dying such a priority ought to flip the script in their brain: be pissed you didn't get your target. Who cares if you die? Rezz up, go back out there and go again. That's my motto.

I've died so many times as I've hyper-focused on my intended victim but was happy in the end b/c I got them even if I got swarmed down. Or pissed in the end b/c I didn't get them, not b/c I died. But that's just me.
  • Sedare38
    Sedare38
    ✭✭✭
    best part about today's patch? Both my bomb sets got buffed. :D
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah, u play It very well and know w
    Sedare38 wrote: »
    best part about today's patch? Both my bomb sets got buffed. :D

i was reading It right now lol...a huge Buff btw lol