The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Healer build for bg?

Aideian
Aideian
✭✭✭
So I’m wanting to get the Chaos Guardian title but I’m not sure what sets or even what class to use now.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aideian wrote: »
    So I’m wanting to get the Chaos Guardian title but I’m not sure what sets or even what class to use now.

Any of the healers can do it, dk and necro might struggle. The main issue is that getting chaos guardian relies on a lot of outliers that are out of your control. It was easy when you could queue with a friend for the specific goal of getting the title. There are two criteria that you cant really control.

You have to hope you get enemy teams that deal enough damage. If this isn't isnt the case and you fufill the second criteria, then the game ends before you even get close to the heal value needed.

The second criteria is you need a tanky ball carrier, built with a high health pool.

Outside of that, if the match is a blowout and you get a swift win, you will struggle getting the title. The ball carrier HAS to want to take damage and stick around in the thick of it. If you have someone on the team with mobility that yanks the ball and starts running and kiting then you can forget about getting the title in that bg.

Gear isnt really a major factor outside of standard healing builds for bgs. Ie you dont really have to gear specifically for getting the title. But if you are able to garuntee you will be ignored, then less defensive sets and more passive healing sets would help. You just need to make sure you have your mending buffs active. Templar and NB have near 100 percent uptime on minor mending, DK has mending on a good uptime, warden and necro have lots of passive healing, again honestly any of the healers can do it.

Just make sure you arent wasting your burst heal. Breath, offering, matriarch, obsidian, or the necro burst (forgot the name) should be used when you know every point of the heal is being applied since overhealing doesnt count, the heals mentioned above generally have fat tooltips so. A ground based aoe on top of regen constantly generate healing done due to the oblivion dmg ticks and just make sure you are sustaining. It really is dependent on having a tank holding the ball because you really need to be healing into a target with healing recieved modifiers.
    Edited by exeeter702 on August 23, 2020 5:26PM
  • Aideian
    Aideian
    ✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

Any of the healers can do it, dk and necro might struggle. The main issue is that getting chaos guardian relies on a lot of outliers that are out of your control. It was easy when you could queue with a friend for the specific goal of getting the title. There are two criteria that you cant really control.

You have to hope you get enemy teams that deal enough damage. If this isn't isnt the case and you fufill the second criteria, then the game ends before you even get close to the heal value needed.

The second criteria is you need a tanky ball carrier, built with a high health pool.

Outside of that, if the match is a blowout and you get a swift win, you will struggle getting the title. The ball carrier HAS to want to take damage and stick around in the thick of it. If you have someone on the team with mobility that yanks the ball and starts running and kiting then you can forget about getting the title in that bg.

Gear isnt really a major factor outside of standard healing builds for bgs. Ie you dont really have to gear specifically for getting the title. But if you are able to garuntee you will be ignored, then less defensive sets and more passive healing sets would help. You just need to make sure you have your mending buffs active. Templar and NB have near 100 percent uptime on minor mending, DK has mending on a good uptime, warden and necro have lots of passive healing, again honestly any of the healers can do it.

Just make sure you arent wasting your burst heal. Breath, offering, matriarch, obsidian, or the necro burst (forgot the name) should be used when you know every point of the heal is being applied since overhealing doesnt count, the heals mentioned above generally have fat tooltips so. A ground based aoe on top of regen constantly generate healing done due to the oblivion dmg ticks and just make sure you are sustaining. It really is dependent on having a tank holding the ball because you really need to be healing into a target with healing recieved modifiers.

Thank you, yeah it’s annoying I have almost every bg title except that one and 2 others and this is one by far is the hardest one to get other than chaos champion, that one actually might not be hard to get I just assume it is. Could you recommend good passive healing sets?
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thank you, yeah it’s annoying I have almost every bg title except that one and 2 others and this is one by far is the hardest one to get other than chaos champion, that one actually might not be hard to get I just assume it is. Could you recommend good passive healing sets?

Winters respite and sanctuary offer a decent uptick in outgoing healing with little to no maintenance, again though this is assuming you are able to stay alive or avoid being targeted, as these aren't very good general use pvp healer sets imo and have a relatively small radius. Earthgore or bogdan for sure, assuming the ball carrier is on the same page and does not run out of the procs.
  • Aideian
    Aideian
    ✭✭✭

Winters respite and sanctuary offer a decent uptick in outgoing healing with little to no maintenance, again though this is assuming you are able to stay alive or avoid being targeted, as these aren't very good general use pvp healer sets imo and have a relatively small radius. Earthgore or bogdan for sure, assuming the ball carrier is on the same page and does not run out of the procs.

Thanks for the suggestions!