The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Maximizing loot from daily writs

chiftie
chiftie
I am doing daily writs for all seven professions on all 9 of my characters. I want to know what I can do to get the best loot per writ. I understand that gold per writ is tied to the level of the character. But is the quality of the loot tied to anything? Do I have a better chance at getting goodies with a higher skill level?
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You get better xp and a greater monetary reward from turning in the writ quests. I'm not sure if it improves the quality of your loot rewards, I know it *used* to. It does affect the level of the recipes you receive. I'll pay closer attention to my few that aren't maxed when I do writs later, but I know that most of mine are maxed and I do expect regular gold mats from them. Also, the more recipes you *know* the better your chance of getting master writs to drop, and the more motifs you know.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can go to the spreadsheet in my signature, as it has a very detailed list of what and how to maximize writ profits.

In short. Do writs with maximum passives (10/10 for WW/Cloth/BS/Ench, 8/8 for alch, 5/5 for jewelry) Provisioning you can really do on any level you want, doesn't much matter.

The value in writs is in the gold improvement materials you get. At level 1 it's about a 3% drop rate. At max level, it's about 30%.

To increase master writs.

WW/BS/Cloth - research all traits, learn full, complete, purple motifs (in-game only)
    Jewelry - research all traits
    Alchemy - learn all traits
    Enchanting - translate all runes
    Provisioning - learn purple and gold recipes
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points