The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Best Gear to Craft .... & then sell !

eMKa8
eMKa8
✭✭✭
Hi everyone

I was wondering what the best gear or weapons you should try to craft in order to sell with decent profits.
I currently am almost at the 9th trait researched so i can definitely craft a lot , in the hopes of selling it via trader guilds.

What would be the best strategy to do so ? Best to sell Everything in blue or in purple or in gold ?

I was thinking of crafting law of julianos soon however not sure if it really makes it worth doing it

Anything else (like potions or glyphs or ...) that are worth crafting , only to sell later ?

Would love to hear all your ideas!

• Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best things to craft and sell are potions, glyphs and nirnhoned Weapons/armor for analysis.

Crafting and selling itemsets is an option but i wouldn't upgrade them to gold, since its quiet risky in ccase you wont sell them.

Atm. i think NMA is better to sell than julianos. Or ancient dragonguard.
  • eMKa8
    eMKa8
    ✭✭✭
    Zer0_CooL wrote: »
    Best things to craft and sell are potions, glyphs and nirnhoned Weapons/armor for analysis.

Crafting and selling itemsets is an option but i wouldn't upgrade them to gold, since its quiet risky in ccase you wont sell them.

Nma stands for ?
    Do you even know how to get the nirnhoned trait ? I dont know where to find those items ... let alone research it (unless paying 20k for a useless staff ;-))

• Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eMKa8 wrote: »
    Do you even know how to get the nirnhoned trait ? I dont know where to find those items ... let alone research it (unless paying 20k for a useless staff ;-))

hint hint ...
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • woufff
    woufff
    ✭✭✭✭

Nirncrux for the Nirnhoned trait is farmed in Craglorn, it drops (rarely) from any farming you can do there.

A lot of players (myself included) can make items for research, if you can provide the necessary Potent or Fortified Nirncrux.

B)
    PC/EU&NA - Redguard Nightblade - Grand Master Crafter - Explorer of Tamriel & Skyrim - Playing Starfield (and awaiting TES VI ^^)
  • eMKa8
    eMKa8
    ✭✭✭
    Ok cool thanks for the info !
  • eMKa8
    eMKa8
    ✭✭✭
    Bergzorn wrote: »

hint hint ...

Haha , i did not mean the researching part of nirnhoned.
    I actually meant the trait , where to find it. Wouff did reply to it already though ;-)
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    woufff wrote: »

Nirncrux for the Nirnhoned trait is farmed in Craglorn, it drops (rarely) from any farming you can do there.

A lot of players (myself included) can make items for research, if you can provide the necessary Potent or Fortified Nirncrux.

B)

Is there a page or list showing any advantage for using nirncrux or nirnhoned vs other traits relative to use in sets? I can't see much advantage gold-wise to making and trying to sell nirncrux or nirnhoned items due to the cost of them. Easier to just sell nirncrux or nirnhone instead of making something. Might be some improvement over other attributes...but have seen no stats on it.
    I know nutting....
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    erliesc wrote: »
    woufff wrote: »

B)

Is there a page or list showing any advantage for using nirncrux or nirnhoned vs other traits relative to use in sets? I can't see much advantage gold-wise to making and trying to sell nirncrux or nirnhoned items due to the cost of them. Easier to just sell nirncrux or nirnhone instead of making something. Might be some improvement over other attributes...but have seen no stats on it.

The stat difference is minimal between Nirnhoned and Reinforced, @erliesc ... so small that it’s probably good to plug your specific build into the UESP build editor and check out the trait options.

https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/UESPWiki:EsoBuildEditor

We sent feedback in to ZOS during PTS asking why Nirnhoned was nerfed considering how rare it is to obtain. No response. :|
  • Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    These days there are none to craft and sell. Too many crafters... Use to make a million gold a week doing it though, till they made it were you could simply purchase your crafter which took me well over a year to get to 9 trait. Now I scrape by selling dropped items.
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @erliesc

If you sell an item set, you better go for an other trait. A potential costumer more likely wants to pay less and then transmute it or wants an other trait in first place.

What i was talking about is to sell nirnhoned items for people who need them for research.

• eMKa8
    eMKa8
    ✭✭✭
    Mike0987 wrote: »
    These days there are none to craft and sell. Too many crafters... Use to make a million gold a week doing it though, till they made it were you could simply purchase your crafter which took me well over a year to get to 9 trait. Now I scrape by selling dropped items.

You can purchase a crafter ???
    Seriously?

That is so wrong. That wouldnt even be fun!
    I wouldnt enjoy cheating the game by buying stuff which gives me a serious competitive edge over other players
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The best sets to make and sell for profit are furniture
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • eMKa8
    eMKa8
    ✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    The best sets to make and sell for profit are furniture

Really ? Are there really that many players willing to pay that much for homestead articles?
  • MoonlightShadow
    MoonlightShadow
    ✭✭✭
    I make quite a bit selling crafted furniture. It is not my primary source of income but it does well enough to keep doing it.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nma stands for ?

It's not a useless staff, you are missing the point entirely....

The point of it is precisely what you want to do. To make gold.

You buy the staff for 20k, research it, then YOU can make and sell staves for 20k.......

Personally there are way better ways to make gold that try to sell generic sets.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • eMKa8
    eMKa8
    ✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

Nma stands for ?

It's not a useless staff, you are missing the point entirely....

The point of it is precisely what you want to do. To make gold.

You buy the staff for 20k, research it, then YOU can make and sell staves for 20k.......

Personally there are way better ways to make gold that try to sell generic sets.

Like ...?
    What are the better ways?
  • MoonlightShadow
    MoonlightShadow
    ✭✭✭
    Not going to tell you all the ways I make gold. Dont' want even more competition :smile: One of the better ways to make some gold is to do the daily crafting quests (4.5K per character per day). They have a decent gold payout, and from the materials that drop when you are top level on everything, for example you get the chance at Chromium grains. Those sell for a lot. The alchemy one can drop mats worth a lot too. Again, making furniture to sell can also do ok. Especially certain types / styles of furniture sell very well.

If you are adventurous, farm the dungeon with the monthly style drop (CofH2 this month). Those will sell at a good price too. Basically I found that I just enjoyed the game, and kept an eye on what drops to see what is worth selling. Get some addons, or find websites to help you figure out what is worth selling and what is junk. Deconstruct everything, sell the mats. And so on.

If you are dead-set on crafting gear in order to make gold, then I would suggest hanging around in active zones and watching chat. People are often messaging in chant that they want gear crafted. That way you make something that people actually want, and you get paid right away. Right now you could invest a lot of gold worth of materials into making something in a crafting set, but then the meta changes and what you crafted become an expensive piece of recycling.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do the crafting dailies. Deconn everything for mats, except perhaps the money items. (After maxing out all crafting actives and passives.)

You will make a lot in gold just doing the dailies, more for more characters. Lots of pain finding skillpoints for them, but I am in the middle of that now for about 11 on each server (PS4).

I can easily get up to 1 million gold in a short while if I don't get tired of crafting.

Forget any other "easy way" to make money. Some probably exist, but will be held tightly to keep others from making it less profitable or ZoS nuking it.
    PC
    PS4/PS5