The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Magcro - No Blastbones DPS?

RaptorRodeoGod
RaptorRodeoGod
✭✭✭✭✭
What does Magcro's dps look like with a rotation that doesn't utilize Blastbones, and what would the rotation look like? I'm interested because I want to find a rotation that's more consistent between practicing on a dummy and actual content.
Give all classes access to a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
---
Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have a complete answer for you, but without blastbones I think you're going to have a hard time feeding corpses to boneyard and siphon.
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would Boneyard and Siphon be worth slotting without having Blastbones?
    Give all classes access to a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would Boneyard and Siphon be worth slotting without having Blastbones?

If so, I think it would only be due to a lack of other options. I don't really think dropping blastbones completely is viable. The corpse management minigame is too dependent on it.

Also, if you do drop blastbones, boneyard and siphon, you'll lose most of the benefits of the death knell passive. One of the strengths of the necromancer is how well its abilities synergize with each other, but that also makes it really sensitive to small changes in your build or rotation.

I stopped playing my necromancer healer (at least for now) because if things went wrong and I had to interrupt my rotation for burst healing I wouldn't be able to keep enough corpses on the ground, which would then hurt my healing effectiveness, which would then cause things to go even more wrong (or at least reduce my ability to right the ship). This probably wouldn't be a problem in settings where people know what they're doing, but as someone who mostly PuGs vet dungeons, it was a huge annoyance.
    Edited by the1andonlyskwex on August 20, 2020 10:45AM