The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dear gankers of IC

CaffeinatedMayhem
CaffeinatedMayhem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Time honored tradition of killing people as they're soloing bosses, just as the boss is like 5%. right ? Here's a thought: let me kill the boss and loot it. THEN kill me. I mean, who solo ganks anymore? It's all groups of 2-24. Not like me being able to engage in a fair fight is gonna stop you.

I"m trying to get a lead from the upstairs bosses, and if I'm dead when the boss dies, I don't get kill credit or loot. I don't care about the stone, you can have it, but let me get loot so I can get the lead.

Bonus for you; not dying to the boss. (Shoutout to the AD who got run over by the boss right after killing me)

We good? Thanks.

P.S. ZOS, could you consider allowing upper IC bosses to drop loot/leads for a player as long as they did a certain amount of damage? Or put the lead directly into their inventory, instead of making me loot a boss corpse?
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Likely they’re trying to cause you as much grief and frustration as possible. A solution might be to take a couple friends or wear imperial physique or both.

The downside to bringing friends is I’m not sure the lead drops for more than one person in group per boss kill based on personal experience. It makes the fights easier/faster at least.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »

The downside to bringing friends is I’m not sure the lead drops for more than one person in group per boss kill based on personal experience. It makes the fights easier/faster at least.

You mean, it drops for everyone but you.

And funny thing about that... I asked in zone and in my guilds but no one wanted to come along! At least you didn't tell me to solo farm bosses in NoCP IC because there are fewer gankers in NoCP.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on August 20, 2020 12:47AM
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You mean, it drops for everyone but you.

And funny thing about that... I asked in zone and in my guilds but no one wanted to come along! At least you didn't tell me to solo farm bosses in NoCP IC because there are fewer gankers in NoCP.

We took our group to IC at the end of one night of pvp near the beginning of the greymoor release since multiple people were wanting the lead from there. And based on what people were saying no more than one person got the lead each time we killed the boss (sometimes no one did). That was where my comment was coming from.

I don't know about gankers in no cp IC but proc sets are certainly stronger there and it doesn't help that the bosses essentially become a little tougher also.

Sorry to hear your guild wouldn't help. Hit me up if you want, can help if TM isn't raiding.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Likely they’re trying to cause you as much grief and frustration as possible.

And this thread let them know the succeeded big time.

Back to IC
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why? If they kill you, then the boss, they get more Tel Var, right? That's why it's a time-honored tradition.
    Edited by VaranisArano on August 20, 2020 1:52AM
  • Augustus67
    Augustus67
    ✭✭✭
    The best way to do it is snipe the boss a few times so you get some Telvar and loot,then gank the other guy while he's looting the boss for even more Telvar!
  • ItsJustHashtag
    ItsJustHashtag
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why would they let you kill the boss when they can kill you when it’s almost dead and finish the boss for double reward?
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I solo gank always...and I always let solo or groups finish the boss kill, then I kill them because, what is rightfully yours , half if that is rightfully mine.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Unified_Gaming
    Unified_Gaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    UrbanMonk wrote: »
    I solo gank always...and I always let solo or groups finish the boss kill, then I kill them because, what is rightfully yours , half if that is rightfully mine.

I would 2nd that. The ones who kill during mid engagement are usually bad at pvp and so lack the confidence to attack you in a 1 v 1 situation and thus want an easy kill. Is it right? No but it happens.

Maybe the solution could be that zos allows you to loot it if dead as long as you come back
    Unified Gaming - creating a shared and Unified Gaming community.

For some of the best and most up to date PVP builds around or useful tips and tricks from an experienced player for PvP and PvE, then check out my channel and consider subscribing if you want to see regular ESO content.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCorbta-fAHKJcxJ6ExbtPwg/
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always wait until the target kills the boss, but waiting for them to loot is too risky.

[https://youtube.com/watch?v=fBYA2Kcy0Po&list=UUHn16d8DkRQQDzMa7wE4dJA[/url]

• method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you should pick another time,IC is usually empty from 03:00 to 09:00 am all days
    every day,i do my daily first then maybe farm a boss or loot chests without see anyone
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• stevenyaub16_ESO
    stevenyaub16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can loot the boss after they kill it. Just don't release your corpse before and come back and loot.
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    method__01 wrote: »
    you should pick another time,IC is usually empty from 03:00 to 09:00 am all days
    every day,i do my daily first then maybe farm a boss or loot chests without see anyone

Not entirely true. I've been coming to IC at 4AM several times with my PvE main to catch a last green fish and there was always someone in Imperial Physique who absolutely needed to eliminate a threat of Master Angler :D
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Time honored tradition of killing people as they're soloing bosses, just as the boss is like 5%. right ? Here's a thought: let me kill the boss and loot it. THEN kill me. I mean, who solo ganks anymore? It's all groups of 2-24. Not like me being able to engage in a fair fight is gonna stop you.

I"m trying to get a lead from the upstairs bosses, and if I'm dead when the boss dies, I don't get kill credit or loot. I don't care about the stone, you can have it, but let me get loot so I can get the lead.

Bonus for you; not dying to the boss. (Shoutout to the AD who got run over by the boss right after killing me)

We good? Thanks.

P.S. ZOS, could you consider allowing upper IC bosses to drop loot/leads for a player as long as they did a certain amount of damage? Or put the lead directly into their inventory, instead of making me loot a boss corpse?

They don't care, they are not gankers, they are griefers. They are miserable little human beings who pulled wings off flies when they were little (probably still do). It's what they thrive on, you posting this here is only making them blush with giddiness.
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nukk3r wrote: »

Not entirely true. I've been coming to IC at 4AM several times with my PvE main to catch a last green fish and there was always someone in Imperial Physique who absolutely needed to eliminate a threat of Master Angler :D

Killing people who are there to fish, especially when they are fishing is downright disgusting.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Killing people who are there to fish, especially when they are fishing is downright disgusting.

Yeah, they kill just for the sake of it and gain zero tel var. The thing that gets me the most is when they say "bUt It'S pVp ScRuB". Well duh, but I didn't come here with my PvP main.
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    KILL ALL GET LOOTS !
  • HanStolo
    HanStolo
    ✭✭✭
    It's PVP. You're in a PVP zone. Stuff happens.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, they kill just for the sake of it and gain zero tel var. The thing that gets me the most is when they say "bUt It'S pVp ScRuB". Well duh, but I didn't come here with my PvP main.

Most people do it to gain more ult.