The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

To the Devs: About Capture the Relic

Jeremy
Jeremy
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
You need to add some kind of icon that identifies when a player is attempting to take the relic. Because there are ways for players to skip the animation, which makes it difficult to tell when and which nearby players are attempting to grab it. I especially see this trick used by werewolves. Not all of us have endless stamina and can just sit there spamming bash on every player close to the relic.
Edited by Jeremy on August 19, 2020 6:32PM
  • kingsforged
    kingsforged
    ✭✭✭
    Just remove capture the relic, and chaosball. They're both terrible.
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah they're the most fun version. If you get a team that does the objective that is and don't go in swinging thinking it's a death match.
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never queued for these two modes.
    I get into them only from random queue, and even so most of my random ones are DMs
    Awake, but at what cost
  • kingsforged
    kingsforged
    ✭✭✭

Nah they're the most fun version. If you get a team that does the objective that is and don't go in swinging thinking it's a death match.

lol I hate both of them, if you don't get a full on tank or a super speedy build on chaosball... it's over from the start. Capture the relic gets ruined by respawn rates and tanky builds who just camp the relic and have their team respawn over and over to defend it.

Territory control and deathmatch is where it's at.
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol I hate both of them, if you don't get a full on tank or a super speedy build on chaosball... it's over from the start. Capture the relic gets ruined by respawn rates and tanky builds who just camp the relic and have their team respawn over and over to defend it.

Territory control and deathmatch is where it's at.

Okay, then don't queue for them if you don't like them. I stay away from deathmatch for the same reason, it's just mindless killing with zero strategy. Not my thing so outside of the odd random I do I never do them. I still wouldn't ask they were removed because I know other people love them. So maybe let people who enjoy chaosball and capture the relic keep our favorites too?
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two things needs to happen to improve Capture the Relic in my opinion:

#1: You should not be able to attack players while standing at your spawn point. If you want to prevent people from taking your relic you should be down from your spawn. The solution would be to make the spawn point a "sanctuary" zone like the ones in Imperial city where you can´t attack or be attacked while standing in them. Certain maps allows you to stand at your spawn and attacking someone taking the relic, meanwhile the person who stands on "floor-level" have no way to attack the player who stands at their spawn.

#2: Add a debuff zone close to the relic. Standing too close to your own relic for too long adds a debuff to players that causes them to receive less healing (similiar to the the debuff you get if holding an enemy relic for too long). This is to prevent people who obnoxiously just play pure tanks without any purpose than being sponge. Capture the relic should be alot more fast paced than it currently is. Having 2-3 guardbot tanks just sitting at their spawn the entire game shouldn´t be encouraged.