The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Limit max health to 30k

Berchelous
Berchelous
✭✭✭✭
Battlegrounds are fast-paced games. Max hp tanks should not be allowed in games with objectives such as chaosball or dominaton. They are just ignored. If you have teammates that wants to kill every player they see even in non-deathmatch modes, they just focus on killing that tank[unfortunately]. Tanks can enjoy deathmatch and soak up the damage of course. Therefore, i suggest limiting max health to 30k in some modes.

I want to hear your opinions. What do you think?

Note: Limited health can be changed.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the max is different depending on mode it will be a huge mess for random queues.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the max is different depending on mode it will be a huge mess for random queues.

Also a mess with making builds. I doubt Zos would be interested in having our builds behave differently depending on the match we are in as it would not make sense.
  • Berchelous
    Berchelous
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Also a mess with making builds. I doubt Zos would be interested in having our builds behave differently depending on the match we are in as it would not make sense.

All modes can have this limit but it would be bad for players that want to play as tank then. If a player's health is more than 30k-35k then they can only play in deathmatches. Such solution could be done.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't agree that we need to change how the game functions because your team mates are attacking the tank. In fact, i personally say working as intended.
  • Berchelous
    Berchelous
    ✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    I don't agree that we need to change how the game functions because your team mates are attacking the tank. In fact, i personally say working as intended.

Yes this is a fault of teammates. However, in chaosball for example, some stamcro tank takes the ball with 40k hp and then use ulti and game ends. This is the real problem in my opinion.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well put. At that, there are other ways tanks can be dealt with other than making builds behave differently depending on the PvP we are in.

OP followed up that the max health does not need to be different for the various BG matches but in fact OP is suggesting max health be different depending on the PvP we are in as the same build in Cyrodiil woujld be different in BGs. That does not sound like it would be good for the game, having our builds work differently in no-CP Cyrodiil than they work in no-CP BGs.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HP needs diminishing returns in PvP. It´s far too easy to stack high amount of HP without sacrificing any damage or sustain. Especially in CP. As an example:

For every 5k HP above 25K HP, any HP gained loses 50% of it´s value. So someone with 30k HP gets 27,5k. Someone with 35k HP would drop to 30k HP and so on.....

On top of this, HP bonuses from sets needs to be streamlined with bonuses that gives max mag/stam. Atm bonuses that gives HP are far greater than bonuses giving max stam/mag.

• DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Berchelous wrote: »

Yes this is a fault of teammates. However, in chaosball for example, some stamcro tank takes the ball with 40k hp and then use ulti and game ends. This is the real problem in my opinion.

Good job on their part. They are playing the objective. It seems like you're no novice at PvP, so I know you know how to deal with tanks. That your team is not communicating and working together to solve the tank issue is not something I feel deserves game functionality changes.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    HP needs diminishing returns in PvP. It´s far too easy to stack high amount of HP without sacrificing any damage or sustain. Especially in CP. As an example:

For every 5k HP above 25K HP, any HP gained loses 50% of it´s value. So someone with 30k HP gets 27,5k. Someone with 35k HP would drop to 30k HP and so on.....

On top of this, HP bonuses from sets needs to be streamlined with bonuses that gives max mag/stam. Atm bonuses that gives HP are far greater than bonuses giving max stam/mag.

If max stats do not have diminishing returns in the rest of the game they should not have diminishing returns in PvP as it would not make sense. Also, HP on gear, and elsewhere, has always provided a little more than mag/stam. It has been this way since well before the game launched. Ofc, I am just guessing at what you mean by streamlining things since that was not really explained.
  • Berchelous
    Berchelous
    ✭✭✭✭

Good job on their part. They are playing the objective. It seems like you're no novice at PvP, so I know you know how to deal with tanks. That your team is not communicating and working together to solve the tank issue is not something I feel deserves game functionality changes.

My team is not always the issue[i accept that they can be guilty]. This is why i opened this discussion. It's the hp tanks that kill or slow the fast-paced mood of battlegrounds. Of course i just propose something that may good and i want to hear different opinions to change my mind or improve the game.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My team is not always the issue[i accept that they can be guilty]. This is why i opened this discussion. It's the hp tanks that kill or slow the fast-paced mood of battlegrounds. Of course i just propose something that may good and i want to hear different opinions to change my mind or improve the game.

While I prefer playing as a damage dealer in ESO PvP I have often played as a tank in the PvP of other games. The idea of having a tank in PvP is to slow down the pace. Heck, in other games the tank can make it harder for people to kill other players on their team.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No, the real problem is terribly designed objective based bg modes.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battlegrounds are fast-paced games. Max hp tanks should not be allowed in games with objectives such as chaosball or dominaton. They are just ignored. If you have teammates that wants to kill every player they see even in non-deathmatch modes, they just focus on killing that tank[unfortunately]. Tanks can enjoy deathmatch and soak up the damage of course. Therefore, i suggest limiting max health to 30k in some modes.

I want to hear your opinions. What do you think?

Note: Limited health can be changed.

If you're having difficulty killing a player it's not because of their health I can promise you.

Health alone offers almost no defense on this game. A competent DPS could mow through even 100k health in no time - let alone several of them.

Anyway: if you want to start limiting people's health I say let's start limiting their DPS as well.
  • Trenia
    Trenia
    ✭✭✭
    And lose access to this top tier build? No thank you sir. https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/trenia/video/107249205