Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What was it like before Outfit Stations?

• mustangmorgan31
    mustangmorgan31
    ✭✭✭✭
    I remember back in the days of no dyes or outfits, I remember seeing someone in Craglorn with shiny purple armor and I thought, "wow! I cannot wait to get high enough to have that shiny purple color!" Which I think was just shadowhide or void cloth. lol It was pretty sad. it is much much better now!
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2ddy1a.jpg
    I still remember dye station release, best ESO days ever lol.
    Edited by Loves_guars on August 21, 2020 5:52AM
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one does not need fine clothes to walk the catwalk.
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With dyes it wasn't so bad. Certain styles and weights dyed better than others, as it is today anyway. Yes the dark red weapons brings a nostalgia feeling haha. Personally I always had helm off so didn't have to see the monster set other than shoulder back then :)
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • E-Zekiel
    E-Zekiel
    ✭✭✭
    As another said, before outfits it was costumes and dying. Before that it was disguises.

And if you didn't like any disguises (or costumes, once those were a thing), basically it meant you needed to craft your own gear and learn motifs you liked the look of to craft it yourself. Or know someone who could.

If you didn't use crafted gear, you were basically hosed if you didn't like any disguises.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eifleber wrote: »
    What I dislike a lot about ESO outfitter system is
    • that you always have the same look
    • without outfit monster sets mostly look terrible even if you just show the shoulders
    • mostly if you dye a set it looks like shiny plastic

I think the ESO method is way inferior to the GW2 system where you can mix 2 sets and get stats from one and looks of the other (they also have costumes).

umm. UMMM. ESO method works the same as GW2, with exception of GW2 not requiring a station to go to, to change your outfit. and that dyes are crafted/bought from cash shop rather then added through achievements (I will say this much, GW2 has a LOT more dyes and they can get a lot more interesting/vivid than ESO dyes so kudos to that) and you are limited by armor weight. while not being limited in ESO.

I love GW2 outfit system, partly because its a very pretty game with very beautiful colors and I just find it pleasing. but as far as functionality its near identical except ESO is far more comprehensive.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Feel like style materials should be turned into sell to vendor junk for 100g and retired literally craft bag fodder except for the few housing items that need it.

Considering that you can buy them from NCP vendors for a lot less than that, I don't think that's a great idea. Besides, some of the more recent style materials are still reasonably rare and hard to farm.

On a side note, I laughed when I saw that a target skeleton requires one Animus Stone and 206 Bone to craft it. (That's the number of bones in a human body.)

Maybe keep the base racials as materials for that target dummy but rest hard to farm or not just yeet em and delete em or cash em for gold.