Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

ESO Total world map size?

Vanya
Vanya
✭✭✭✭✭
i saw a person recording his character walking and running across certain regions, but I am curious what is the total combined zine of every single interior and major exterior region lets exclude dungeous, I bet its one of the largest ever desgined, Alone Cryrodil is bigger than most games.

Does any dev have an accurate data or maybe there is a way to measure it, I know its not an easy task , but size plus features and interaction is just mind blowing, Not only its enormous but dense,rich and feels alive, there is so much to do which makes zones so rich overall , easily spend weeks in one if you wish to do all,quest,lore,artifacts,points of internets etc...

P.S There are outdated sties, ESO was released in 2014, at has changed and expanded since then, We need most recent update with Greymoor expansion
  • Vanya
    Vanya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can approxiamtely compare ESO to Skyrim ,

It took a guy here in video nearl2 hours of walk from Northernmost point to Southern in Skyrim roughly 2 hours of walk

Summerset&Elswyer is around 2 hours in total, which males these two combined almost big as 2011 Skyrim.

That alone tells you vastness of ESO, there are dozens of other open regions

Here are the links ~

These will give your impression and introdcuton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTiFHhkr-1Y Walk 1st across Elsywer.

Walk 2 Summerest ~https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx0GdPzvQbs

Walk 3 Skyrim 2011 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7frM79J7P8
  • Vanya
    Vanya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To finalize about Skyirm vs ESO to give you impression how massive itis , its possibly at least 15x larger at least of Skyrim if not more with ease no modded skyrim exlucding Dragonborn
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should be pretty easy to just add 50% from the new zones.
    Note that the map cheat a bit Cyrodil is scaled up compared to other zones.
    They probably found that it was too small as it was too easy to intercept sieges and scaled it up during internal beta.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Vanya
    Vanya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i am stunned every day I explore moer and more or ESO its incredible how much detail and work was put into this incredible creation I cannot imagine any other game ever being so rich and diverse offering world interaction combined with giant size, can you prove me wrong?
  • Vanya
    Vanya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can players possibly compain about this game at all, look the amount of thins you can do ,it will take average player years to explore and do all quests only
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO and Skyrim are not very comparable. Zos keeps adding to the game year. Single-player games pretty much are left alone after they are released.

What is comparable is WoW, FF14, even SWTOR though what BioWare has added to that game during the past five years is pretty pathetic.
  • Vanya
    Vanya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    ESO and Skyrim are not very comparable. Zos keeps adding to the game year. Single-player games pretty much are left alone after they are released.

What is comparable is WoW, FF14, even SWTOR though what BioWare has added to that game during the past five years is pretty pathetic.

YYes I know i compared it only, Skyrim for newcomoers and all exterior locations is pretty big ESO dwarves it, just wanted to give a comparison ,

So you say ESO has added far more compared to Wow, FF14 and SWTOR is greater than ESO?
  • Vanya
    Vanya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

ESO at launch just original vanilla dwarves Skyrim by miles , also tell me which other MMO is larger than ESO total size, maybe only World of Warcraft,yes you can fly and swim underwater, but WoW is archaic in everything els,se , maps are empty and bland, world interaction is dull compared to ESO , ESO is voice acted realsitic so much, you can read books,pickpoket,use lockpick,open almost anything,encounters,graphics,animations and just overall features the amount to do is just unbeatable to any other MMO.

And combat is superoor ,why the hell people complain about combat in eso look at the in depth of skills and weapons, every class can anything they want, you can manually block and dodge,

ESO IS GREATEST EVER