The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Longfin Pasty in Melon Sauce Recipe?

Geekgirl
Geekgirl
✭✭✭
I understand RNG is RNG, but I have been doing writs for years now, and this recipe has never dropped on any character of mine.

I have Master Cooking Writs stacking up in my bank because I cannot make this recipe. I do search traders constantly, with no luck.

Can I have confirmation that it is STILL in the loot table?
PC/NA - Perpetually casual. Furniture and fish collector. Lover of exploration and opener of urns.
Maxed CPs, still no clue how to endgame, too much time opening urns, prolly.
Eve Morrison - Templar DPS - Furniture Crafter/Maker of Arms - Co-op w/hubby/achievements/crafting
Jilly Narraway - MagDK DPS - Delves/Dungeons/Dolmans - She murders ALL THE THINGS!
Fynn the Lucky - Warden Tank -- Seer of things/Explorer of places - RP/Solo/Storyline/Completionist
Siluna Southpaw - StamDK DPS slippery-fingered type/Murder hobo - RP/Solo/Storyline
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, it’s still in the loot tables, @Geekgirl.

Are you sure you’re doing a thorough search at the guild traders?

TTC has around 60 listings right now on PC NA ... some of those priced at less than 5k gold.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have detailed logs like maybe @tmbrinks has, but based on my anecdotal evidence from doing daily writs on 11 characters I find that the blue and purple CP150 recipes drop far less than those of lower provisioning tiers.

I only have my provisioning skill line set to 6/6 on one character as I wanted to farm for lower-tier recipes on my alts, so it's not a direct comparison, but I would wager I get 2-4 blue recipes a day from my 10 alts (20-40% chance) and average about 1 purple recipe a week (1/70 = ~1.5%). After four straight months of doing writs on my main (~120 writs - so not statistically relevant) I only received 1 blue and 0 purple CP150 recipes. I'm not sure if the loot pool is diluted by more green recipes at max tier, or if I just had an extraordinarily bad run of RNG, but if you're best bet would be to track down the recipe on a trader rather than hope for it to drop out of a daily writ coffer.
    Edited by Feric51 on August 17, 2020 5:44PM
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been doing max level provisioning writs on 18 characters a day on my alt account for close to 18 months now, and only 7/18 characters know the recipe at this time, to speak about the rarity of the drops.

I have been amassing data to make some analysis like that here in the future, and am trying to write an add-on that can parse some more of it... but I'm not good at writing add-ons :P
    Edited by tmbrinks on August 17, 2020 6:02PM
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are writs the only way to get that recipe? I feel like I had many of these base game recipes before writs were even a thing. Where did they used to drop? From desks and dressers and stuff? Do they still drop from there?
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Are writs the only way to get that recipe? I feel like I had many of these base game recipes before writs were even a thing. Where did they used to drop? From desks and dressers and stuff? Do they still drop from there?

I got the recipe from either Cyrodiil or Imperial City. I don't remember which it was but that was a long time ago and I'm not sure if it still drops there.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • MonkLoHan
    MonkLoHan
    ✭✭✭
    Got this writ just today for the Longfin Pasty. Was totally sure my crafter knew the recipe as I am sure I've seen it before. Sadly, it didnt show up as one she learned. Seriously must some kind of glitch because I am SURE she knew it. Anyway, ended up buying one from Guild Trader for 8000g. Lot of gold for just 2 master writs.
  • Geekgirl
    Geekgirl
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all of the information, folks.

I will keep hitting traders.

Happy gaming!
    PC/NA - Perpetually casual. Furniture and fish collector. Lover of exploration and opener of urns.
    Maxed CPs, still no clue how to endgame, too much time opening urns, prolly.
    Eve Morrison - Templar DPS - Furniture Crafter/Maker of Arms - Co-op w/hubby/achievements/crafting
    Jilly Narraway - MagDK DPS - Delves/Dungeons/Dolmans - She murders ALL THE THINGS!
    Fynn the Lucky - Warden Tank -- Seer of things/Explorer of places - RP/Solo/Storyline/Completionist
    Siluna Southpaw - StamDK DPS slippery-fingered type/Murder hobo - RP/Solo/Storyline
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

No, they aren't. IIRC the first time I found that recipe was in a container in Malabal Tor (in the town with the furnishing vendors). I don't think I ever got it from a writ, but every now and again, I find a copy of it in some container throughout the world.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I had a very difficult time finding it at a reasonable price on the PS4. Another flaw with the current sales system. Finding recipes and motifs can be a serious challenge without something like TTS.

I have gotten it to drop several times since I bought it. I think I have most/all the purple items that drop after almost 2 years of playing and crafting on many alts.

PC
    PS4/PS5
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The recipes needed for master writs I got them all from containers and not from provisioning writs rewards, except those recipes granted by a quest line in Wrothgar.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    (..)Finding recipes and motifs can be a serious challenge without something like TTS. (...)

Not really that hard. I've always seen traders on major cities/capitals always having these recipes available, but... They might not be for every wallet.

"Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • AshfieldLad
    AshfieldLad
    ✭✭✭
    This recipe drops a lot for me doing dailies, I normally sell them for 10k as I have it on all my chars, deffo still in there, keep going :smiley:
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geekgirl wrote: »
    I understand RNG is RNG, but I have been doing writs for years now, and this recipe has never dropped on any character of mine.

I have Master Cooking Writs stacking up in my bank because I cannot make this recipe. I do search traders constantly, with no luck.

This one is a mission for sure. Then suddenly you find two lol.

I actually got one via the Christmas exchange I think. Then another came up!

I think I sold it if I didn't and we same platform / region it's yours

I miss this as frustrating as it is. I became a recipe hunter for the normal writs. Then ZOS ruined that whole part of the game with chefs / brewers. It's frustrating but interesting side game!!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Anfieldkris
    Anfieldkris
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve managed to get this recipe and other cp150/160 purples regularly from urns whilst farming for other things as well (PS4). Usually from public dungeons but also occasionally in backpacks or general looting/thieving. Drop rates from writs for these purple recipes haven’t been high for me either.
  • Miraslova
    Miraslova
    ✭✭✭
    Dropped from a backpack while I was leveling my hybrid DK, I guess I got lucky and it's perfect for a hybrid along with the new Medusa armor from upcoming patch.

Had to edit this, I was mistaken I got Recipe: Potentate's Supreme Cioppino, still pretty good.
    Edited by Miraslova on August 23, 2020 11:18AM
    "An it harm none, do what thou wilt"
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes -- it exists and is available on Guild Traders for 30-40K gold.

It's a great recipe which I use all the time.
    • ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
    • IVY GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
    • IVY GOLDBLAZE, HIGH ELF TEMPLAR
    • "Adapt or Die"
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm it does still drop.

QXq7oPP.png
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pulled one last night from a dresser in ICP dungeon.
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geekgirl wrote: »

if youre on xbox na message me via live and i will send you one i have multiples of every hard to find recipe in the game