The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Best mix in armor set?

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
Hi!

I have a Imperial Templar and solo a lot.

Got enamored by the Twice Born Star set, so crafted it 5 pieces. but also created a two handed mace....6 pieces total.
Since I have pretty solid health, magicka and stamina, what other crafted armor should I add? I would like to increase my damage.
Should I use light or medium in the mix?

Please share your thoughts! Or questions!

May Red Diamond always sang in your presence.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually that 2 handed mace counts for 2 slots...

All weapons now count for 2 slots. No need at all to have more than 5 pieces of a set.

You did not tell us if your magic or stamina. Also, what are you lacking? Sustain, damage, resistance, resources, criticals?

Are you CP160? If not, dont invest to much in improving anything you have beyond Blue or Purple. And, take this time to try other 5 piece sets. And, if above CP160, look into Monster Sets.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    hi!

CP160 yes.

no one like this but I am balanced....stam, health and magicka

Why the monster sets?

Thanks!
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monster sets add useful bonuses at 2-pieces, and more importantly have 1-item bonus. I am also a magplar and just got my hands on twice-born star. It's lit. Here's my setup:
    - Mother Ciannait head and shoulders
    - Rest body parts are TBS (Mage & Lord mundus, also all gear is divines)
    - Crafty Alfiq jewelry and weapons (to give me heaps of magicka)

Not bis but this set is used for all solo content and gives me heaps of resources and survivability. It's an all-round set-up.

Since you are using a mace, I assume you are stamina-based. Focus on building up your stam pool but since you're a templar you'll also need magicka for casting utility spells. If you're stam, go heavy or medium. I always aim for a 5-1-1 set-up, as this maximises all resources.
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Athan1 wrote: »
    Monster sets add useful bonuses at 2-pieces, and more importantly have 1-item bonus. I am also a magplar and just got my hands on twice-born star. It's lit. Here's my setup:

Not bis but this set is used for all solo content and gives me heaps of resources and survivability. It's an all-round set-up.

Since you are using a mace, I assume you are stamina-based. Focus on building up your stam pool but since you're a templar you'll also need magicka for casting utility spells. If you're stam, go heavy or medium. I always aim for a 5-1-1 set-up, as this maximises all resources.

Why 5-1-1...Why not 5-2 - get the extra bonus from the other set?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zama666 wrote: »

5-1-1 maximizes the attribute resource bonus you get from Undaunted Mettle passive, @Zama666 (assuming you’ve done enough Undaunted to raise the skill past Level 9).

Having at least one (1) of each armor weight gives a 3% attribute bonus to your stats.

5-2 setup only gives a 2% bonus.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zama666 wrote: »

5-1-1 is talking about the weight of the armor, for the undaunted passives. This is more important for Magicka characters. As, in general, the bonus for wearing 7 pieces of medium armor on a stamina based character outweighs the additional stats you get from the undaunted mettle passive.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points