The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Up-coming Events Calendar?

Magenpie
Magenpie
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi there :)

I understand the wow-factor of announcing events gradually throughout the year, but it would be really useful to have even a rough idea of when the events will be. I don't need details of what the events will entail, but it would be so useful to have a calendar so we can plan RL with ESO in mind if we want to. I wouldn't mind if the calendar just said something like 'September 10 2020 - September 20 2020 - New In Game Event' or similar.

Before anyone says anything, I understand RL comes first and we shouldn't plan our RL around playing a game etc etc etc, but sometimes we can do both and it would be nice to make that as easy as possible.

I can't really think of a down-side to this, other than less impact for the offical announcement?

Edit:- Just to say, I do know about all the events information currently available like the player made lists, UESP and obviously the ESO official announcements. It's very kind of those people responding to point me in those directions, however, the point is I'd like something a 'bit' more concrete, particularly with regard to events which don't recur every year and for new events which haven't happened before - like the upcoming Crafters/Explorers/Greymoor events.

Many thanks!
Edited by Magenpie on August 13, 2020 12:28PM
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magenpie wrote: »
    Hi there :)

I understand the wow-factor of announcing events gradually throughout the year, but it would be really useful to have even a rough idea of when the events will be. I don't need details of what the events will entail, but it would be so useful to have a calendar so we can plan RL with ESO in mind if we want to. I wouldn't mind if the calendar just said something like 'September 10 2020 - September 20 2020 - New In Game Event' or similar.

Before anyone says anything, I understand RL comes first and we shouldn't plan our RL around playing a game etc etc etc, but sometimes we can do both and it would be nice to make that as easy as possible.

I can't really think of a down-side to this, other than less impact for the offical announcement?

One thing that I do is look back at the previous year and see what was when. It's not always the same, they'll add or subtract a thing or two, but it gets you a rough idea of what's coming.
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have a calendar with all the past events (link in signature), but with growing number of DLCs ZOS seems to move stuff around more and more.
    There is, although, a number of fixed events - Anniversary, Jester's, Witches' and New Life festival, as they are tied to IRL events

Edit to add: it's unlikely ZOS will give us even approximate calendar. If they deviate from it even for a couple of days, there will be mob with torches, and pitchforks, and "but I took some days off!"
    Edited by Nairinhe on August 12, 2020 6:02PM
  • Guyle
    Guyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would mean they need to start planning more than a week in advance
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Guyle wrote: »
    This would mean they need to start planning more than a week in advance

They are, most likely, plan the whole year or even further internally
  • delta_mystic
    delta_mystic
    ✭✭✭
    I keep an up-to-date spreadsheet of past events with info like guides, rewards, Event Tickets, etc.

also this is helpful:

Benevolent Bowd's NA Central Calendar
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bowd should get his own NPC next update, IMHO. Essential part of the community.

S.
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they usually put out a list of events but they often get lost in the shuffle. I remember seing a list of events for this year. There aren't as many as last year
  • Magenpie
    Magenpie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone for all the hints and tips. However, as far as I can tell, the events aren't the same every year, and even the seasonal ones don't always fall on the same dates. I'm particularly interested in new events as well, so the Chapter events etc.

Anyway, I'd just like a simple Official events calendar, so I can plan things accordingly, if I want to. :)
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt they're going to provide an official calendar. I've been here over two years, and the announcement a few days ahead is SOP.
  • Magenpie
    Magenpie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    I doubt they're going to provide an official calendar. I've been here over two years, and the announcement a few days ahead is SOP.

I can ask, though, right? ^^ Just because they haven't done things before, doesn't mean they might not do things in the future. If you don't ask or suggest, you probably won't get. No point in being defeatist before you even start.

I bet I'm not the only person who would like one. :)
    Edited by Magenpie on August 12, 2020 11:41PM
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Best thing to look at is the PTS, but that doesn't give exact dates. As to the times themselves, we'll know an event's coming if there are tickets in the crown store showcase, and events tend to start on Thursdays, but as has been mentioned they don't like to give a start date in case something goes wrong and people start rioting that the event didn't start at 10:00:00.00 on a specific day - after all look at what happens when maintenance goes long and some people can't reliably get tickets for one day...

From the PTS, they've tested an Imperial City celebration (which usually happen in early September), the Witches' Festival (late October), and the new Lost Treasures of Skyrim event (I'm guessing that'll be the November event, but it was the first one they tested on PTS...). Of course, we'll also see New Life coming up in December. Considering also that there's only one other indrik planned after the Mossheart and that we're getting 2 berries at a time, that's likely it for events this year. We're definitely seeing fewer events this year than last year.

If I had to guess, IC will likely be 3-14 September (maybe 10-21, but that seems late), and Witches' will likely be Oct 22-Nov 9. New Life is hard since the Thursdays aren't matching well - either Dec 17-31 (seems early) or Dec 24-Jan 7 (seems late). I wonder if they'd make an exception to do a Monday there for Dec 21-Jan 4 since it fits a bit better. Now the Skyrim event... no idea. They could put it in the hole in October 1-12, or it could be in the empty month of November (the Dragonguard event last year started on a Tuesday and went from end of Nov-beginning of Dec)
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There have been occasional aberrations in dates, usually led by server or group finder issues but recurring events include:

Thieves and Dark Brotherhood {Early March}

Jester's Festival {Last week in March}

Anniversary Jubilee {first 2 weeks in April} NB a separate crafter event has been datamined so I'd expect crafting dailies not to count for next year's reward boxes.

Imperial City Celebration {Early Sept}

Witches Festival {Last 2 weeks of October}

Undaunted Celebration {Last week of Nov}

New Life Festival {Last 2 weeks in Dec}

CHAPTER EVENTS

Orsinium Celebration {Mid Aug or Mid Nov}

Summerfall {Last 2 weeks of September}

Dragonrise {first 2 weeks of October}

CYRODIL

Midyear Mayhem {2nd/3rd week of Jan and either last 2 weeks of June or July}

So id expect based on previous dates and datamining/pts:

Imperial City early Sept
    Antiquities of Skyrim late Sept
    Witches Festival late October
    Undaunted late November
    New Life in late December
    Edited by Thannazzar on August 13, 2020 7:56AM
  • MKintr
    MKintr
    ✭✭✭
    Uesp has a very good list of events:
    https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Events
    It lists all past events and foreseeable future events from data in the PTS. Also on the beginning of the month, you can find events from announcements in the crown store.
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure about ESO but another mmo I'm playing have had to delay/reshuffle events due to lockdown/wfh orders which delayed everything, so things they might have planned back in January isn't happening because well the pandemic effed up every schedule.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thannazzar wrote: »
    So id expect based on previous dates and datamining/pts:

Imperial City early Sept
    Antiquities of Skyrim late Sept
    Witches Festival late October
    Undaunted late November
    New Life in late December

I mostly agree, with a note that Skyrim event may happen in early October and there's, technically, space (time?) for Orsinium or something else on late November - early December
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wonder if we'll see a Murkmire event next. Seems to be a good fit for the Mossheart indrik.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why this is something anyone would associate with WoW specifically. I was under the impression that most games had events on some sort of regular schedule and ZOS is the anomaly for making them unpredictable and typically only announcing them a few days in advance.

For example while the exact dates vary from year to year I think anyone who has been playing Guild Wars 2 for a while could tell you roughly when their festivals are likely to be, and they're all listed on the official Wiki.
    (Lunar New Year in February, Super Adventure Box in early April, Dragon Bash in June, Festival of the Four Winds in early August, Halloween in October and Wintersday in late December. Three of those obviously mirror real-life events but even the ones purely based on the game's lore have regular real-life timings.)

I also agree it would be helpful for players to have some idea further in advance of what's coming up. I couldn't and wouldn't want to schedule my real life around the game, but it would still be helpful to be able to plan. For example if I knew during one event that the next one is likely to be in 5-6 weeks time and I know I'm going to be away around then I'll make sure I save event tickets so if I miss the event I can still buy the item which is most important to me (likely a berry), whereas if I know I've not nothing coming up which will take more than a few days I can safely use my tickets for something during this event, knowing I'll be able to get more later on.

It's great that players are starting to put together approximate calendars based on past years but we shouldn't have to do that when I'm sure ZOS plans the events well in advance and could tell us further out that something is coming, even if they want to keep the details until the last minute.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • MKintr
    MKintr
    ✭✭✭
    Next event should be thieves guild/dark brotherhood. It's overdue.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly, I don't think they are stable enough to be 100% sure of when they will have an event. I think that the final event dates can change based on other factors. As the projected date gets closer, they dial in the final date. They probably don't know more than a month in advance, themselves.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

Honestly, I don't think they are stable enough to be 100% sure of when they will have an event. I think that the final event dates can change based on other factors. As the projected date gets closer, they dial in the final date. They probably don't know more than a month in advance, themselves.

This is precisely why a long term unique event calendar isn’t possible. Plans change such as the extension of Anniversary two years ago, the cancellation of Undaunted Celebration and subsequent replacement with DB/TG, etc.

The celebrations themselves are more up in the air due the ESO lore not necessitating them and that there are now so many DLCs that the calendar would be stuffed to the gills if they regularly did one.

It’s best to remember the key events like Witches Festival, MidYear, Jesters, New Life, and Anniversary which regularly come. For others check the monthly Crown Store Showcase for allusions. https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/58549 You may need to read between the lines.

The last thing you can do for yourself to look at what’s coming up is to check the official PTS notes when they come out on the forums. The newest events are regularly stress tested beforehand so you can check the details of what’s expected. @Magenpie