The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dragon Knight Titan - Solo PVE Build

TonyDemonLord
TonyDemonLord
✭✭✭
After many hours of planning and discussion, I’m proud to announce my new super solo build.

Backbar Dual wield
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=265436

Backbar Bow
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=265492

It has decent damage and great survivability without being a tank. I wanted to combine high survivability with some what high damage. I decided on using Leeching Plates because with the new update coming out it losses it’s proc chance and now will have about 100% uptime. Leeching Plates combined with the Dragon Knight passive, Combustion, is insanely powerful and gives insane HOT. Leeching Plates alone, does 3k Healing per second for my build. I also decided to use the Earthgore monster set because there have been many times when I’m soloing things that I never have enough healing, and this set acts like a safety net. Both bars have 40% crit chance, which is not great but is worth it because of Leeching plates. I also turned all buffs that I would ordinarily have on always. Also if I want more damage I’ll just change my hands to Thrassian Stranglers.

I also would like to give special thanks to all the people who helped me out with my previous solo build.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/541145/solo-pve-build/p1

If anyone has any suggestions or opinions on my build then please say so. Any criticism, whether good or bad is welcome. I’m on a goal to make the best Solo Stamina PVE Dragon Knight build out there.

And remember, this build is rated for Solo PVE, not PVP.
Edited by TonyDemonLord on August 12, 2020 7:47PM
Xbox NA
  • TonyDemonLord
    TonyDemonLord
    ✭✭✭
    Also, I didn’t think of this till now but could you rate this build 1-10? Thanks
    Xbox NA
  • Gundug
    Gundug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m not making a statement about the quality of the build, but I’m curious about the idea behind dual wield on the back bar. Just for Blade Cloak? I didn’t see any way of hitting enemies at all when you are stuck at range.

You’re running the weapon damage enchantment on the back bar at half power and poison enchantment on the front bar at full power. Does the damage from your poison enchantment beat the higher weapon damage? You mentioned being concerned about healing, and higher weapon damage would help with that.

I don’t know if the sheet is bugged, but there didn’t seem to be an enchantment at all on the other dual wield weapon.
    Edited by Gundug on August 12, 2020 5:56PM
  • TonyDemonLord
    TonyDemonLord
    ✭✭✭
    Gundug wrote: »
    I’m not making a statement about the quality of the build, but I’m curious about the idea behind dual wield on the back bar. Just for Blade Cloak? I didn’t see any way of hitting enemies at all when you are stuck at range.

Actually yes, and blood craze. When I use a bow, the only skill I use is Volley. Also I almost never have the need for range attacks but you do have a valid point there. If I were to go the bow route then I would do this build.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=265492
    You’re running the weapon damage enchantment on the back bar at half power and poison enchantment on the front bar at full power. Does the damage from your poison enchantment beat the higher weapon damage? You mentioned being concerned about healing, and higher weapon damage would help with that.

I’m running poison on the front bar because of the Dragon Knight skill Combustion which gives me Stamina whenever it procs and also boosts its damage by 50%.
    I don’t know if the sheet is bugged, but there didn’t seem to be an enchantment at all on the other dual wield weapon.
    No, it wasn’t a bug. I completely forgot to add an enchantment. Thanks for pointing it out.

If I add a second Weapon damage to the other dagger, does it boost it or is it worthless?

@Gundug

Edit: Added bow build
    Edited by TonyDemonLord on August 12, 2020 7:46PM
    Xbox NA
  • TonyDemonLord
    TonyDemonLord
    ✭✭✭
    But the editor does have a bug, the Twin Blade and Blunt passive isn’t working properly so the dagger crit chance is actually 10% higher
    Xbox NA
  • Gundug
    Gundug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I’m aware, using the same enchantment on both dual wield weapons still does nothing extra, unless something changed that I have not noticed. I would run something else useful on the other one.

How often are you getting the back bar enchantment to proc?

It’s good that you have found what seems to be a nice setup for werewolf. I’ve had a werewolf character for years that was bitten in the wild, so I kept it, but never been able to set it up so I actually like using the transformation.
  • r3turn2s3nd3r
    r3turn2s3nd3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, it wasn’t a bug. I completely forgot to add an enchantment. Thanks for pointing it out.

If I add a second Weapon damage to the other dagger, does it boost it or is it worthless?

Worthless, the same enchantment shares cooldown. If you proc it on main hand weapon, you cannot proc it on off hand until enchant duration from the main hand has expired.
  • TonyDemonLord
    TonyDemonLord
    ✭✭✭

Worthless, the same enchantment shares cooldown. If you proc it on main hand weapon, you cannot proc it on off hand until enchant duration from the main hand has expired.
    As far as I’m aware, using the same enchantment on both dual wield weapons still does nothing extra, unless something changed that I have not noticed. I would run something else useful on the other one.

Changed the off-hand dagger’s enchantment but wasn’t sure what to change it to so I choose poison.

How often are you getting the back bar enchantment to proc?

It actually doesn’t proc all that often but when it does it is at least a nice boost to weapon damage.

Xbox NA
  • TonyDemonLord
    TonyDemonLord
    ✭✭✭
    Found a way to make it even better! I’ll use Essence of Lingering Health because that gives x amount of hp per second and major vitality, which will greatly increase my Leeching plate healing.
    Xbox NA
  • Gundug
    Gundug
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It actually doesn’t proc all that often but when it does it is at least a nice boost to weapon damage.

Yeah, I was wondering. That’s why I can’t really get away from ground effect back bar weapons. That, and having a full strength enchantment proc. I get the utility of your dual wield though.
  • TonyDemonLord
    TonyDemonLord
    ✭✭✭
    @Gundug Ground affects proc the enchantment even if I’m not on the backbar?
    Xbox NA
  • r3turn2s3nd3r
    r3turn2s3nd3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Gundug Ground affects proc the enchantment even if I’m not on the backbar?

Yes.
  • OlumoGarbag
    OlumoGarbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If i were you, i would backbar leeching and put new moon on both bars. Leeching has a decendly enough proc chance.

In my expierince this is by far the easiest and strongest solo build for all content:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=212882

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/515104/the-easiest-veteran-maelstrom-solo-content-build-in-the-harrowstorm-patch/p1
    class representative for the working class, non-cp, bwb and Trolling
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    How do you keep your health up?
    PS4/PS5/NA - And sometimes EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If it's a solo build, why aren't you using resolving vigor instead of echoing?
    Is it for the longer uptime?
    Edited by Ectheliontnacil on August 13, 2020 4:14PM
  • TonyDemonLord
    TonyDemonLord
    ✭✭✭
    @OlumoGarbag
    If i were you, i would backbar leeching and put new moon on both bars. Leeching has a decendly enough proc chance.

In my expierince this is by far the easiest and strongest solo build for all content:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=212882

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/515104/the-easiest-veteran-maelstrom-solo-content-build-in-the-harrowstorm-patch/p1

That’s actually a really nice build. When I get around to playing my sorcerer, I’ll use that build. I thought about that but decided not to put it on my backbar because I don’t spend much time on it and I wanted it to have a 100% uptime.

@Lixiviant
    Lixiviant wrote: »
    How do you keep your health up?

Echoing Vigor (1312 per second), Leeching Plates (3604 per second), Earthgore (3088 per second), and Essence of Lingering Health ( about a 1000 per second) total 9004 per second when everything is activated.

@Ectheliontnacil
    If it's a solo build, why aren't you using resolving vigor instead of echoing?
    Is it for the longer uptime?

Because resolving vigor heals more then I need and Echoing vigor heals for ten seconds while resolving vigor is for four seconds.

Edited by TonyDemonLord on August 13, 2020 4:59PM
    Xbox NA
  • TonyDemonLord
    TonyDemonLord
    ✭✭✭
    I might do that Infernal Guardian set because combined with brawler, it will keep getting activated and do lots of AOE damage
    Xbox NA
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    @TonyDemonLord Thanks for the reply! I've been having problems with the DK build and really hate to just walk away from it.
    PS4/PS5/NA - And sometimes EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know
  • Synnastix
    Synnastix
    ✭✭✭✭
    Get leeching plate / bahara’s curse / grothdar - all divines

Argonian

Have ritual mundus

Be a dragon that never dies
  • TonyDemonLord
    TonyDemonLord
    ✭✭✭
    I’m having trouble deciding so I would like to hear everyone else’s opinions, Earthgore for more healing, Infernal Guardian since I use Brawler, or Grothdar for a seems like a decent damage set?
    Xbox NA
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know why you are using Cameo Hunter but personally I like Flames of Oblivion better. Uses magic instead of stamina. Plus, when I go into BG’s and up against a faster or more ranged player that is harder to hit, I can use it to damage them to help keep pressure up. For solo play everything dies so quick I don’t get a lot of benefit from Minor Berserk.

For solo stamina play nothing beats Vicious Serpent or VO as most people call it.

Vicious Serpent
    LEVEL 50 - CP 160
    Type Trial
    Set bonus
    (2 items) Adds 833 Weapon Critical
    (3 items) Gain Minor Slayer at all times, increasing your damage done to Dungeon, Trial, and Arena Monsters by 5%.
    (4 items) Adds 833 Weapon Critical
    (5 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage, Reduces the cost of your Stamina Abilities by 8%. When an enemy you have recently damaged dies, you restore 2150 Stamina and gain Major Expedition for 8 seconds, increasing your Movement Speed by 30%.

With VO you could drop WW for the 15% boast to stamina recovery unless you just like to play WW. Then you can use a cheaper ultimate like Ferocious Leap which gives you a 100% damage skill for 6 seconds after cast. Also, more ultimate more resource return due to passives. Personally, I would drop New moon for the VO. But you must have VO on both bars to get the full benefit just in case something dies when on that bar.

Generally, I run (2) five-piece sets and one monster and love the new wild hunt ring for solo play. You could forgo any monster piece and still have 2 full pieces set one mythic and Titanic Cleave one front bar and then use Stinging Slashes on the back bar.

Stinging Slashes
    LEVEL 50 - CP 160
    Type Arena
    Set bonus
    (2 items) Twin Slashes deals 1635 more damage for each hit of the initial attack and bleed.

Also good as Venomous claw is, I would drop it for Rally (Focus your strength and resolve to gain Major Brutality, increasing your Weapon Damage by 20%, as well as gaining Minor Endurance, increasing your Stamina Recovery by 10% for 20 seconds. You heal for 424 Health when Rally ends. The final heal is increased by 15% every 1 second, up to a maximum of 300%) or back bar it in place of Molten Armaments unless you are a heavy attack build which with VO you don’t need to heavy attack for sustain.

Plus, I use Green Dragon Blood in place of vigor. Get low on health you can always pop it for good amount of health or just hit Rally again. The Major Fortitude, Major Endurance, and Minor Vitality, increasing your Health Recovery and Stamina Recovery by 20% and healing received by 8% for 23 seconds is also nice too. Again, another magic skill to help ease up on the stamina use. I really just use it for the passives since I generally hardly ever need the heal from it with Rally’s heal.

Use bewitched sugar skull food since I don’t need the recovery with VO instead of using Artaeum Takeaway Broth which can be expensive to make with using mother of pearl ingredient.

For reference I am using Deadly Strike as my other 5-piece set. I just don’t need the heal from leeching unless doing a 4-man dungeon solo. Have been thinking about switching Deadly strike to something else just haven’t found a set I would like my try leeching.

Deadly Strike
    LEVEL 50 - CP 160
    Type PvP
    Set bonus
    (2 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (3 items) Adds 833 Weapon Critical
    (4 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (5 items) Increase the damage your Physical, Bleed, Poison, and Disease Damage over time and channeled abilities do by 20%.

Been think about using Poisonous Serpent instead of Deadly strike.

Poisonous Serpent
    LEVEL 50 - CP 160
    Type Trial
    Set bonus
    (2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    (3 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (4 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    (5 items) When you deal damage with a Light or Heavy Attack against an enemy who has a Poison Damage ability on them, you have a 50% chance to deal an additional 3400 Poison Damage. This effect can occur once every 1 second.

Anyway, long enough post. Be safe and have fun :)