The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Why limited ONLY?

Starbridge84
Starbridge84
✭✭✭
So I just joined the game early January of this year (2020) and I was really sad to see/read that some houses were no longer available. I can understand reduced cost or even free with events but why remove a huge money maker from your own game?
As a roleplayer, its a huge turn off when I see things are just become flat out unattainable. Such as Grand Psijic Villa, the houses in The Gold Coast or any other houses that you cannot get anymore.
I was hoping that the the last event (Summerset event) would yield the Villa and/or the Grotto. I am fine with paying for these items, 10k crowns up to 20k crowns but I think that the houses should come back on some kind of rotation through the year at least 1 it not twice.

I have some characters that I would like to get some of these houses for as to enhance the RP aesthetic with them.
If you want to see what all the craftable lights look like in ESO, use this command on PC NA.
/script JumpToSpecificHouse("@Starbridge84", 71)
  • Chuck_Finley
    Chuck_Finley
    ✭✭✭
    Its the scarcity sales technique.

The scarcity tactic or principal operates on the worth people attached to things. Scarcity suggests that are more valuable when they are less available. The scarcity tactic discusses two important factors or techniques. One is the limited-number” technique and the other are the “deadline technique”.

They can have these things on sale forever and over the life of the item you are right it will sell more. But notice every month they come out with more limited time offers/buy now or lose out forever type items, it's clearly more aggressive sales technique. I don't care for it myself, bu that is why. These houses do rotate back into the fold from time to time but it isn't yearly, its more like every 2 years it will pop back up for 10 days or so.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the crown store stuff returns at some point anyway. Or you can ask support reeeeeally nicely to take you crowns and grant you a house. I've heard that may work.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to introduce you to FOMO (fear of missing out). The marketing team uses this tactic to increase sales for things that are only available for a limited time. They do this on purpose to drive sales up. Even if you don't buy something this time or the next time, it gets ingrained in your head that if you don't buy it right now, you might not get the chance for a while (or ever). Is it shady and manipulative? Sure. Does ZOS care? Nope.

Even in your own post, you are practically begging for the item you want to come back to the store and are offering more than it cost originally. Proof that this sort of thing works.
    Edited by redspecter23 on August 12, 2020 6:41PM
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Op only 2 days left I better buy it
  • Starbridge84
    Starbridge84
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to introduce you to FOMO (fear of missing out). The marketing team uses this tactic to increase sales for things that are only available for a limited time. They do this on purpose to drive sales up. Even if you don't buy something this time or the next time, it gets ingrained in your head that if you don't buy it right now, you might not get the chance for a while (or ever). Is it shady and manipulative? Sure. Does ZOS care? Nope.

Even in your own post, you are practically begging for the item you want to come back to the store and are offering more than it cost originally. Proof that this sort of thing works.

FOMO only works if you are around when it hits the market in the first place. 4 houses I am interested in I haven't seen for sale, but I will see about making a ticket and see if they are willing to help me out. Would be really cool if they were willing to help like that. ^_^
    If you want to see what all the craftable lights look like in ESO, use this command on PC NA.
    /script JumpToSpecificHouse("@Starbridge84", 71)