The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

A QoL change needed for scrying

BXR_Lonestar
BXR_Lonestar
✭✭✭✭✭
I like the new Antiquities system, even if I'm not hardcore farming for mythic item leads. However, I find it a huge pain in the backside to actually go out and scry the leads that I do have because if I don't do them right away, I have to travel from area to area and look at my list of scryable leads to in order to find the particular lead that I DO want to scry. This, combined with the fact that some leads simply expire after a certain amount of time gives me a strong disincentive to scry, especially when you factor in the usual "unusually long loading screens."

As a suggestion, it would really be nice to be able to pull up a universal menu that shows you all the leads you currently have available for scrying, and then you can scry those leads wherever you stand in Tamriel. Once completed, it will then show you what region of tamriel the treasure is buried. A system like this would make the scrying system more user-friendly IMO, and I would do much more of it.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the new Antiquities system, even if I'm not hardcore farming for mythic item leads. However, I find it a huge pain in the backside to actually go out and scry the leads that I do have because if I don't do them right away, I have to travel from area to area and look at my list of scryable leads to in order to find the particular lead that I DO want to scry. This, combined with the fact that some leads simply expire after a certain amount of time gives me a strong disincentive to scry, especially when you factor in the usual "unusually long loading screens."

As a suggestion, it would really be nice to be able to pull up a universal menu that shows you all the leads you currently have available for scrying, and then you can scry those leads wherever you stand in Tamriel. Once completed, it will then show you what region of tamriel the treasure is buried. A system like this would make the scrying system more user-friendly IMO, and I would do much more of it.

I agree that there should be a central list for seeing what leads you have, but I don't think being able to scry something from outside the zone is going to be helpful because you can currently scry items in multiple zones, and scrying from anywhere would remove that ability, because if the "in progress" section is universal, then you can only scry one thing at a time.
    The Moot Councillor
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yes please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to a universal list that shows all current scryable leads, although I don't mind having to scry an item in its zone. Ability to scry something from anywhere on the map isn't as important to me
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you are looking at the map, there is a scry tab, that works like the quest tab. It's not a 1 stop master list, but you can view each zone without having to go there first.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get the DisplayLeads addon if you can. That will give you the features that they should have included in the game.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Wanda_Clamshuckr
    Wanda_Clamshuckr
    Soul Shriven
    Giraffon wrote: »
    Get the DisplayLeads addon if you can. That will give you the features that they should have included in the game.

Thanks for that tip! Just installed it.
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You could select "not started".. Then it only shows you the ones that you have leads for
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for that tip! Just installed it.

Once it's loaded, just type /displayleads in the chat window and behold the wonder!
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If on PC, also, maybe AlphaScry? (There's no way, yet, to turn off the chat message every time you get a new lead.. but!)
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    When you are looking at the map, there is a scry tab, that works like the quest tab. It's not a 1 stop master list, but you can view each zone without having to go there first.

^This. The functionality is there...takes maybe a min to find the zone for the lead you are looking to scry.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This function should have been in the game from the start. Such a useful little mod. :)
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Already?