The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should there be a new Weapon skill line

Lone343Wolf
I strongly believe that there should be another weapon skill line for mages. Something such as one handed-spell sword. I think only having magic as a rang kinda sucks as apprised to in other elder scrolls games when I can have a one-handed sword and a spell in the other hand. Stamina has 3 skill lines and magic only has 2. However, the one handed-shield skill line makes me think maybe something like this was going to be added early on but it was scrapped. What do you all think, should they add another weapon skill line?
  • WhyMustItBe
    WhyMustItBe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone datamined a year+ back that 1h + Rune magical weapons were already partially implemented in-game.

Since we have literally never had a new weapon added to the game after 6 years I am definitely on the side of more being desperately needed. Especially since there is only ONE magicka weapon in the game while stamina get three (four if you count sword and shield) which seems more than a little unbalanced.

They should really prioritize spellmaking as well, or at the very least some color/function customization option with a few extra abilities per class you can unlock, since the 2 morph system is also incredibly limiting and they have never gone back and re-invested in that system they were planning on adding from launch.
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1H + Rune would be amazing.

I'd also like to see each staff in their own respective skill lines. I don't like the way it is currently and i've seen one too many people confused by the Trifocus passive.
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One hand and shield magic users would be a fun build design. So rune/shield, wand/shield.. anything that is similar would be cool to build around.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defilted wrote: »
    One hand and shield magic users would be a fun build design. So rune/shield, wand/shield.. anything that is similar would be cool to build around.

Sure...just eliminate the run part from it. Skyrim and Oblivion you were able to wield magic open-handed...I dont want to carry around a rune.
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nunchucks
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My two cents...I wish they would add a fighting staff skill line. And in regards to magicka, in the Selena’s Web dungeon quest you are joined at one point by a Mages Guild npc who wears a robe and draws a sword to fight with.
    She dies.
  • Lone343Wolf
    Elvenheart wrote: »
    My two cents...I wish they would add a fighting staff skill line. And in regards to magicka, in the Selena’s Web dungeon quest you are joined at one point by a Mages Guild npc who wears a robe and draws a sword to fight with.
    She dies.

I love the spoiler part of your comment
  • MistyRonin
    I'm all for one hand plus spell/rune.

In addition a polearm + shield line could also be interesting (it could reach further away than 2h). It's the most common combination in World's history, so why not add it in game.
    Edited by MistyRonin on August 11, 2020 8:07PM
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An unarmed skilline would be nice. Which can either be stamina=fisticuffs, or magicka= no weapon spell casting.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whips and chains
  • Esha76
    Esha76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In previous Elder Scrolls games there is a Conjuration school of magic. One would create weapons (among other things) from magicka. I think it would be pretty cool be able to "summon" magic melee weapons that do damage scaled off your magicka, along with a whole host of new abilities.
    "There is no moisture in your angry stares." - Laughs-at-All
    "I don't know why I bother guarding you horrible people." - Orama Sadas
    "Scales here is about to have a really bad day..." - Valeric
    "Just tell me what you're doing here before I turn your heart into a tomato..." - Sereyne
    "Break those rocks! Dig those ditches! Why??? Because I want you to!!!" - Ifriz the Unraveller
    "There are worse masters than I. Far worse." - Molag Bal
    "I humiliated the Daedra in Mehrunes Spite." - You, when turning in a specific Undaunted Daily.
    "I'm not finding you very pleasant!" - Adla the Brewer
    "Old Ri'hirr likes his birds slow and stupid!" - Old Ri'hirr
    "When things get dirty... Oh, I get so flustered." - Meredil the Archivist
    "Too many Argonians about these days..." - Davon's Watch Guard (though I think this one has been removed from game)