The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Templar rework idea

Maxdevil
Maxdevil
✭✭✭
With the upcoming change for aoe in pvp Templar won’t be able to spam honor of the dead as heal again I thought about a rework to hasty prayer skill to give a another tool to Templar and to make a skill rarely played useful.

Normal skill: Cast Time: Instant
Target: Area
Range: Radius: 10 meters
Cost: 7020 Magicka
Skill description
Focus your spiritual devotion, healing you and nearby allies for 1233 Health. Affected targets gain Minor Expedition, increasing their movement speed by 10% for 5 seconds.

Reworked skill: Cast Time: Instant
Target:Self
Cost: 4000 Magicka
Skill description
Focus your spiritual devotion, healing you for 2200 Health over 5 second and gain Minor Expedition for the duration , increasing your movement speed by 10%.

Any thoughts on the rework?
"Maxdevil knows much, and tells some. Maxdevil knows many things others do not."
Pc-Na
  • jecks33
    jecks33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes, buy better servers and leave templars as they are
    PC-EU
  • Athyrium93
    Athyrium93
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love the idea of it, but unfortunately doubt it will ever happen, I think the dev's finally got sick of nerfing nightblades and now their focus is firmly on nerfing templars into oblivion....
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jecks33 wrote: »

buying new servers wont fix anything, they have talked about it a few times already in the past
    *** code will still be *** code
    *** game design will still be *** game design
    What really should be done for healing in this game is getting rid of the "smart heals" concept. If they made it so healers had to actually focus and look at their ally that needs heals, than we wouldn't have the issue of healers being matched by dps slotting heals. If players can aim at enemies and do damage, why cant healers do the same thing especially when it is allies not attacking them?

Having no skill involved in healing is honestly why most people hate healing/support in eso. Go try playing a game like overwatch or something not in the mmo genre and see how they do healers/support. It shouldn't be that you have to just sell your soul and be bored as *** so others can play the game.

A skill like breath of life should be a single target instant aimed ability instead of a janky cone ability that self roots you if you turn your camera and just adds to the server calculations.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MincVinyl wrote: »

buying new servers wont fix anything, they have talked about it a few times already in the past
    What really should be done for healing in this game is getting rid of the "smart heals" concept. If they made it so healers had to actually focus and look at their ally that needs heals, than we wouldn't have the issue of healers being matched by dps slotting heals. If players can aim at enemies and do damage, why cant healers do the same thing especially when it is allies not attacking them?

Having no skill involved in healing is honestly why most people hate healing/support in eso. Go try playing a game like overwatch or something not in the mmo genre and see how they do healers/support. It shouldn't be that you have to just sell your soul and be bored as *** so others can play the game.

A skill like breath of life should be a single target instant aimed ability instead of a janky cone ability that self roots you if you turn your camera and just adds to the server calculations.

You could play a Warden healer if you prefer a more targeted healing style. Two of their main heals require aiming. Fungal Growth is a relatively narrow cone and and Nature's Grasp is actually targeted like you describe.

Personally, I like the smart heals, but I wouldn't necessarily mind burst heals (in particular) becoming more targeted if the AoE testing shows it's necessary for performance reasons.
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The proposed changes to hasty prayer sound really good. We should try this skill and then decide if it needs reworking.

Though title of the thread was misleading, no class rework is suggested. Please leave templars alone, they already have enough problems and reworks to deal with :D
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really wish one morph of hasty prayer to a health based heal instead. Tankplar needs a health based heal and a cc ability. The loss of snare on Cleansing Ritual and it’s morph’s hurt a tankplar.
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MincVinyl wrote: »

You could play a Warden healer if you prefer a more targeted healing style. Two of their main heals require aiming. Fungal Growth is a relatively narrow cone and and Nature's Grasp is actually targeted like you describe.

Personally, I like the smart heals, but I wouldn't necessarily mind burst heals (in particular) becoming more targeted if the AoE testing shows it's necessary for performance reasons.

The performance reasons are part of why i say healing should be swapped over to more aim based abilities. Smart healing is most likely a major contributor in server strain since not only does it work like an aoe damage ability, but it also has to figure out what target/s to heal, what targets already have the heal, what targets to buff, etc.

Player skill wise i think it would be a step in the right direction. We would no longer see groups of players surviving because 1 or 2 people are just spamming Breath in one direction. Instead those players have to take a more active role.

Player density wise it discourages ball zerging, since it will be harder to distribute heals. weaker more costly aoe heals would need to be built for in order to run a ball group. Reducing player density would inevitably reduce server strain.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Athan1 wrote: »
    The proposed changes to hasty prayer sound really good. We should try this skill and then decide if it needs reworking.

Though title of the thread was misleading, no class rework is suggested. Please leave templars alone, they already have enough problems and reworks to deal with :D

It will heal about 30% less than breath of life, which wouldn't be bad if breath didnt heal for 4-5k at most these days, bit higher when in low hp.
    This will be a 2-3k aoe heal for a whopping 5k Magicka.
    Great rework for sure..

Meanwhile you can build 50k hp on a warden and run around with polar winds tool tips of upwards of 20k plus.
    Edited by Firstmep on August 15, 2020 7:42AM
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

It will heal about 30% less than breath of life, which wouldn't be bad if breath didnt heal for 4-5k at most these days, bit higher when in low hp.
    Great rework for sure..

Meanwhile you can build 50k hp on a warden and run around with polar winds tool tips of upwards of 20k plus.

If only a tankplar could get a health based heal and snare together in one skill.
  • Pterion87
    Pterion87
    ✭✭
    Just play necro or warden. I resigned myself to the change on stam dk. At the end, they are from the core classes, the new classes were thought and designed much better and are more optimized. It's sad but true. It happens like being stamina these days, it seems that you have plague, nobody wants you in a serious trial
  • Vajrak
    Vajrak
    ✭✭✭
    ...So basically you want to do a half-assed revert? Healing Ritual used to have a cast time, primary heal, and 3s later a secondary heal to all targets for 1/2 the amount, for same cost as Breath.

Yeah, let's put this idea in the round file where it belongs.
  • Maxdevil
    Maxdevil
    ✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

Great rework for sure..

the healing stat I wrote isn’t buffed and is approximately equal to a mag “vigor” in term of healing but a bit more expensive because of a longer duration and access to minor expedition
    Edited by Maxdevil on August 16, 2020 4:13PM
    "Maxdevil knows much, and tells some. Maxdevil knows many things others do not."
    Pc-Na
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    I really wish one morph of hasty prayer to a health based heal instead. Tankplar needs a health based heal and a cc ability. The loss of snare on Cleansing Ritual and it’s morph’s hurt a tankplar.

My tankplar does well without a health-based heal. However, he's specced for max magika and functions basically as a mag-tank rather than a stamina tank. I have around 17-18K stamina, which I have to monitor and make use of synergies + my argonian racial passive to manage, but the upside to my build is I'm basically equal parts tank and healer. In fact, I've main tanked a trail with that character one night, then turned around and main-healed the same trial the very next night without having to change my setups.

With around 30-33k magika and the right traits on my armor sets/resto staff, I really have no problem healing myself or others, even in vet content.

The only downside is that I don't really have a leash that I can use regularly because silver leash is so costly. Instead of using silver leash, I tend to run time stop to root minions where they stand for the DPS. This also gives me the added bonus of a 5 K damage shield every so often from Psijic passive.

He's not a perfect tank by any means, but when your working with a group that understands the pros/cons of your build, it works VERY well.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love my tankplar and run it as magic based. The main reason it is magic based is the no selfheal ability that is health based. Blazing shield is not enough. Yes, silver leash is too expensive as a magical based character. Which is why I would prefer to be more health/stamina based. Time stop is expensive as well and not effective as a pull ability. Really miss the snare on ritual to help control adds. FYI when I do play on my tankplar I pug a lot of groups.

Bs safe and have fun :)
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hasty prayer =amen
  • Cleveland521
    Cleveland521
    ✭✭✭
    What ya think about bright throats boast eternal and earth gore for a magika high elf tank healer?
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's really encouraging to see people run a tankplar, given it's the worst tank in the game. I ran one too but gave up on it bc it's so limited but I think I'll get back to it. I agree that a magicka tank is better than stamina, so you can heal yourself and others. Also sun shields are based on magicka, as well as 95% of our skills, which means we can also deal some damage. The main question is: ice staff or sword and shield
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Athyrium93 wrote: »
    I love the idea of it, but unfortunately doubt it will ever happen, I think the dev's finally got sick of nerfing nightblades and now their focus is firmly on nerfing templars into oblivion....

I mean zos is looking at crit next patch wich propably will mean nb nerfs again