The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Nightviper -bow or dual wield "gank" build using sheer venom and Venomous Smite

Dr_Ganknstein
Dr_Ganknstein
✭✭✭✭✭
I've been running this setup in no-cp for a while now and I'm loving it. I enjoy dot\poison\disease builds like this because it reminds me of my cave shaman from DAoC lol. I know a lot of people have probably already been running this combo but figured I'd put this out there from a ganking perspective.

Setup:

5 Venomous Smite

5 Sheer Venom

1 Wild Hunt Ring

1 Krags

Potentates 2H (Might swap it out for Sheervenom Maul)

All Medium

Lover Mundus, Tri-Stat food

Bow - I used Sharpened and Nirnhoned. Sharpened will increase the damage your procs and weapon poisons do to a target. It won't increase tooltip damage though.

Race - Orc, Dark Elf or Khajit will hit harder. I use Argonian just cause they master race.

https://youtu.be/3PX_I70_FPo
Edited by Dr_Ganknstein on August 30, 2020 5:52PM
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So Sharpened better for proc builds? Just transmuted to nirnnnbbb
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »

From the testing I've done weapon damage will not increase the damage of proc sets or weapon poisons. Sharpened will increase the amount of damage they do to a target however their tooltip will remain the same. I have 1 nirnhoned and 1 sharpened for testing purposes. Id just get another one and do that and see which one you prefer.
    Edited by Dr_Ganknstein on August 13, 2020 9:32PM
  • Unified_Gaming
    Unified_Gaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »

Only penetration and % damage boosts procs like minor berserk or warden passives. Sharpened and lover are penetration so they will. Malacath would buff the sets but would avoided smite working.
    Unified Gaming - creating a shared and Unified Gaming community.

For some of the best and most up to date PVP builds around or useful tips and tricks from an experienced player for PvP and PvE, then check out my channel and consider subscribing if you want to see regular ESO content.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCorbta-fAHKJcxJ6ExbtPwg/
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is only one build Live and survives PTS that can "gank" heavy armor builds. This set pairing is not it; it will do good versus many targets though.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sahidom wrote: »
    There is only one build Live and survives PTS that can "gank" heavy armor builds. This set pairing is not it; it will do good versus many targets though.

Then what's the build?
  • Crow_IX
    Crow_IX
    ✭✭✭
    [snip] meta that zos is pushing and NEEDS to stop. you guys are abusing over performing sets, which zos seems to support since they're looking to close the skillgaps. its a very imbalanced game as it stands and the direction theyre pushing it, which is initially killing the game.

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on September 1, 2020 1:13PM
    RIP skill based PvP days. . .
  • kingsforged
    kingsforged
    ✭✭✭
    The major issue with this pairing is that Venomous Smite breaks sneak/stealth when the AoE hits anyone outside of the initial target. I've posted in the bug forum section as imo it shouldn't, as it should still count as a DoT and not a direct damage sneak break.
  • kingsforged
    kingsforged
    ✭✭✭
    Crow_IX wrote: »
    [snip] meta that zos is pushing and NEEDS to stop. you guys are abusing over performing sets, which zos seems to support since they're looking to close the skillgaps. its a very imbalanced game as it stands and the direction theyre pushing it, which is initially killing the game.

lol tell it to the million and 1 engine guardian users and the streak spamming sorcs... it is what it is. Until they switch up the NBs toolset, gankers gotta gank.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on September 1, 2020 1:13PM
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This type of build encapsulates the joke that is ESO in the current patch pretty much perfectly, just add bombard stamsorcs and engine guardian to answer the question why all the good players on real classes have quit.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is the dual wield version
    https://youtu.be/UaEqf51TsdU
  • Spearpoint
    Spearpoint
    ✭✭✭
    This kind of setup have been the first reason for the need of slotting purge on behalf of myself.
    Arinwyn ~ Cute Wood Elf Archer
    Wardena ~ Frost Wardeness [Died alongside Arctic Blast]
    Dry Spell ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
    Dark Heart of Skyrim 🍺
    Bomblebee ~ cya'll out there
    Bouncing Betty ~ Front Toward Enemy
    Spearpoint ~ Jab Them With The Pointy End
    Six Feet Above ~ Reapertime!
    Bisolar Disorder - Bright & Moody
    Django Unleashed ~ Mr. Nordic Bather's Towel
    Master Angler ~ Struggles With Ichthyophobia
    Ichthyophobia ~ Secretely Dreams of Becoming a Master Angler
    Lol Brb

"Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." — Queen Ayrenn
  • Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭
    Complete garbage abused of ESO overtune set that exist only to cary and attract pay to win players.
    that being said fault is really on zos side as they should really balance theses sets, because as trash as this is...it exist so it will be abused.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volckodav wrote: »
    Complete garbage abused of ESO overtune set that exist only to cary and attract pay to win players.
    that being said fault is really on zos side as they should really balance theses sets, because as trash as this is...it exist so it will be abused.

So what do you play and what build?
  • Kosef
    Kosef
    ✭✭✭✭
    So this is only really viable in no cp? how would it fair in Imperial City with cp.
    Server: PC-NA

Vincent Jurard - Breton - DK
    Aronil Elsinwatch - Altmer - Templar
    Ulfgar Stormbringer - Nord - Sorc
    Ra'Jhera Mahrabi - Khajiit - NB
    Kur Zahir - Imperial - Necro
    Khur - Redguard - Warden
    Lives-By-Sword - Argonian - DK
    Sara Willowthorn - Bosmer - Templar
    Elsa Bjariksen - Nord - NB
    Soliril Elsinthar - Altmer - Sorc
    Khargol Ogdum - Orc - Warden
    Veros Sarvani - Dunmer - Necro
    Vedran The Toxic - Dunmer - DK
    Hafnar Ironbark - Nord Warden
    Low - Level: Arcturus The Loyal - Templar
    Guild:
    [Ninja Squirrels]
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate your work OP but TBH I agree with people who say it's total cheese setup with no/low skill required, I've met already whole groups made of this build, usually with markbot. Using 2 skills to kill people from 40m is far from skilful gameplay, sorry to say that, I know it's point of ganking to kill people fast, but this leaves no counterplay, especially when ganker can do it from safety of distance which doesn't allow for fighting back. Usually I like your stuff and appreciate good ganks, but this is not one of those cases, nevertheless happy hunting.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    I appreciate your work OP but TBH I agree with people who say it's total cheese setup with no/low skill required, I've met already whole groups made of this build, usually with markbot. Using 2 skills to kill people from 40m is far from skilful gameplay, sorry to say that, I know it's point of ganking to kill people fast, but this leaves no counterplay, especially when ganker can do it from safety of distance which doesn't allow for fighting back. Usually I like your stuff and appreciate good ganks, but this is not one of those cases, nevertheless happy hunting.

What do you play?
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you play?

Magblade :) Yes I know use, cloak. But all ganker needs to do is Snipe, Poison Injection, and then Piercing Mark spam combined with snipes/la/ha whatever he prefers. With healing we have now it is impossible to overheal all that pressure especially on magblade :)
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crow_IX wrote: »

And I have seen some of the best players using it....funny that.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on September 1, 2020 1:14PM
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I stopped using Venomous Smite because it felt cheesy, but that was MY decision and I won't judge anyone for using what is available to them for an edge.

I would love to see what some of you use as your build though.....because I guarantee you are using something that will give you an edge as well. There are many cheesy things in PvP....which one do you use? Because I guarantee you do.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you play?

Magblade :) Yes I know use, cloak. But all ganker needs to do is Snipe, Poison Injection, and then Piercing Mark spam combined with snipes/la/ha whatever he prefers. With healing we have now it is impossible to overheal all that pressure especially on magblade :)

I only have 15k magica and horrible magica regen and I can counter this combo with cloak. You can try using heals, potions or purge plus cloak.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont know why so much fuss, the build is terrible, you can see him struggling vs players that you can easily kill in a single GCD with a normal build. Is a mediocre build that only works in nonCP vs newbie or AFK/distracted players.

There are a plethora of different ways to build more effective gankers, harmlesschicken's heavy attack build is just one example that is far more effective than this, and is even effective as a dueling build lol
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pauld1_ESO wrote: »
    I would love to see what some of you use as your build though.....because I guarantee you are using something that will give you an edge as well. There are many cheesy things in PvP....which one do you use? Because I guarantee you do.

You made me curious. Show me the cheese in 5x Shacklebraker, 5x Mark of the Pariah, 2x Bloodspawn (511 light) on a no CP Magsorc.
    And no, I won't take "Crystal Fragment spamming" as a valid answer.

no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    man all of this complaining about proc sets. eso isn't fair, class and skill balance is terrible, set balance is terrible, and more than likely every "fair" fight you engage in will be interrupted by a few others dogpiling you (unless you're in the middle of nowhere), so people should use whatever sets they want. if you want fair, competitive pvp, go play quake or sfv or smash or something.

you know what waiting around for "fair" fights gets me? a death recap. you wait around for that guy to finish his fight, or to kill guards or whatever, you engage, and two other stamblades open up on you. what does he do? does he back off and let you kill them? of course not, he keeps fighting. he 3v1's you and you run or die. lol.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you play?

I only have 15k magica and horrible magica regen and I can counter this combo with cloak. You can try using heals, potions or purge plus cloak.

Can you read what I wrote? Piercing Mark -> Cloak is useless. This combo gives you flat 3k-5k flat passive dps (depending on % health lost) not to mention another layer of skills/LA weaves, magblade can only use in such situation restoration staff skills. I have BRP resto staff and even with major vitality this combo eats everything I try to use. I need to burn half of my magicka just to survive first wave, not to mention roll dodging skill/LA weaves. It is possible to survive this but after 6s you end with half hp, half magicka and almost no stamina, and then bam, you get second weave, good luck surviving this while on the other end all you need to apply this is just 1 skill, awesome.

And now this all is without taklng into consideration minor defile from lethal arrow.

Nah... Defending this and all other proc sets is not professional, sorry. We already had proc sets meta, bleeds meta, oblivion damage meta, enchants meta, and now here we go again with procs.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

• Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you play?

Can you read what I wrote? Piercing Mark -> Cloak is useless. This combo gives you flat 3k-5k flat passive dps (depending on % health lost) not to mention another layer of skills/LA weaves, magblade can only use in such situation restoration staff skills. I have BRP resto staff and even with major vitality this combo eats everything I try to use. I need to burn half of my magicka just to survive first wave, not to mention roll dodging skill/LA weaves. It is possible to survive this but after 6s you end with half hp, half magicka and almost no stamina, and then bam, you get second weave, good luck surviving this while on the other end all you need to apply this is just 1 skill, awesome.

And now this all is without taklng into consideration minor defile from lethal arrow.

Nah... Defending this and all other proc sets is not professional, sorry. We already had proc sets meta, bleeds meta, oblivion damage meta, enchants meta, and now here we go again with procs.

Nah, if someone is hitting you with a snipe, poison inject combo plus mark, you need to reevaluate your setup. I use ring of the wild hunt plus concealed weapon despite being stamina focused simply for the speed so i can evade and lose people that mark me. Sounds like you need speed brah.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you play?

Nah, if someone is hitting you with a snipe, poison inject combo plus mark, you need to reevaluate your setup. I use ring of the wild hunt plus concealed weapon despite being stamina focused simply for the speed so i can evade and lose people that mark me. Sounds like you need speed brah.

I use swift traits instead of wild hunt ring, it's better in combat than wild hunt brah, if you say that running away is the only counter then it speaks for itself.

Edit:
    Believe me dude I know my craft, TBH I can chew and hunt down single ganker built like that but it's because I have pretty unique build, a lot of experience and fast broad band net, it's not easy but doable. For new players or anyone build less tanky than I though this is death sentence.

Also just 2 gankers like that working together and sorry, nothing will save you, even 2 caluurion gankers are easier to counter and fight than this - caluurion is still counterable in opposition to those sets.
    Edited by Mayrael on September 1, 2020 4:25AM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

• EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you play?

I use swift traits instead of wild hunt ring, it's better in combat than wild hunt brah, if you say that running away is the only counter then it speaks for itself.

He's probably ps4s best run away-er.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »

What do you play?

He's probably ps4s best run away-er.

Not running away but know when to evade and reposition and re-engage. Mobility is important. Using swift trait over infused loses out on a lot of damage. I play PC and Xbox and I'm currently using a cell phone mobile hotspot for internet and I'm doing just fine. You?
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not running away but know when to evade and reposition and re-engage. Mobility is important. Using swift trait over infused loses out on a lot of damage. I play PC and Xbox and I'm currently using a cell phone mobile hotspot for internet and I'm doing just fine. You?

Well that's the beauty of playing ranged ganker.
    1. You don't need fast reaction because it's up to you when to engage, who and where.
    2. You can unload your combo from distance before someone can even notice where are you, usually from far behind so they are forced to rotate their camera to spot you.
    3. Because of being ranged you have already advantage of distance so when something goes wrong you can use your speed to escape before you will be in range of gapclosers.
    4. As a ganker you roam through cyro most of the time in hide unlike your victims so you don't have to deal with being bursted first, recovery and fighting back, you just engage and before it is possible to fight back you cloak, reposition and reaply dots and if something goes wrong you run away.

Even ganking in melee range is much much different and a lot more dangerous, and being the subject of gank is whole another story, that's why comparing these like "I do fine with mobile phone connection" is not very suitable - I ganked people back in 1.4 when we had like 1.5k hp (1 shot ganks was possible back then and it was even more broken than it is now), I ganked people in melee range with heavy attacks, I ganked people with caluurion and now I love to hunt and play against gankers, at least I used to untill that proc hell was introduced. Now pressing one button allows even middle/low skilled player to apply deadly pressure and when you are outnumbered it is impossible to fight back most of the time.

Being ranged ganker gives multiple advantages already and those new proc sets just add another layer of advantages while being the subject of gank, oh man, that requires some really fast fingers especially when you are not aware of presence of a ganker.

Edit:
    Typos

Edith:
    and to make it clear, I'm not attacking you or your play style, I'm attacking proc sets. You as an experienced player could do fine without them and still be worthy opponent, but there are people who relay only on those proc sets and this makes fighting stupid, because not using those proc sets places you at disadvantage if those sets can make low skill player a threat, then what will it do with experienced one?
    Edited by Mayrael on September 1, 2020 1:08PM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

• Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any class/set combo I can use where I won't be called cheese/cancer/scrub/trash?
    Edited by Cadbury on September 1, 2020 2:42PM
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."