The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Would you buy a hardcopy of all the ESO lore?

Inyhel
Inyhel
✭✭✭

Would you buy a hardcopy of all the ESO lore? 56 votes

Yes, and I would pay a lot for it ($120+)
16%
wenchmore420b14_ESOHu-RikanWreckfulAbandongepe87RaisinTreb_U_ShaeInyhelClumbsyKhajiitRefratado 9 votes
Yes, but only if the cost is reasonable ($80+)
35%
VevvevFriedEggSandwichmb10TheDragonIrenieCameron991red_emuM_VolsungSirAxenSphinxmothTezzaaFabresFourKallykatrei91BisDasBlutGefriertTovetussAorcainTeridax941VioletDracolichLumiudragonmage0313 20 votes
Maybe, not sure
16%
NewbieOKSEporemJackeyTheImperfectThe_Drop_BearUlthlianTwinLampsNSatincheriella 9 votes
Not likely, unless it's cheap
12%
theskymovescheeseaddictElsonsoPuppetShowVaalquarorothilAthan1 7 votes
No/ Why, when we can read the books in game?
19%
GilvothIruil_ESOAjaxandrielHymzirCadburyRaddlemanNumber7TheRealPotorooOpalbladezECHOSupreme_Atromancereden288 11 votes
  • Inyhel
    Inyhel
    ✭✭✭
    I know there are already hardcover books with some of the lore (which I have multiple copies of).
    But I'm talking about EVERYTHING in one volume (or maybe spread across a few). This would be a bookworm's dream come true. Just wondering if anyone else wants a physical copy of the books as much as I do.

As a limited edition collectors version I'd like to see a figure of Hermaeus Mora.
    One can only dream...
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. I wouldn't buy it. Nostalgia is not my thing. Books are just a shelf decoration these days. Relics of those dark days before the information age began.
    PC EU
  • NewbieOKS
    NewbieOKS
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe, not sure
    I would buy if ZOS released a copy/replica of the famous Oghma Infinium :)

Wonderful to have it as a Collector’s edition
    https://signatur.eso-database.com/17868970/signatur.jpg
    ESO-Database provides statistics for Elder Scrolls Online characters and guilds. This information is collected by the ESO-Database Client and ESO Database AddOn https://www.eso-database.com/en/ Huge thanks to @Keldor for this amazing add-on
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe, not sure
    I might have if I had come across the book/books before playing the game, I do like when playing though, that there are books to reference and such on the internet - so if it were not for these and I was playing the game I would most likely buy this or maybe not:) I am not sure..
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe, not sure
    I don't really keep any books in hard format these days except the odd thing and generally try to replace all physical books I want to keep or reread with digital ones because it saves a ton of space and I don't like clutter. I might make an exception if the book is really pretty or graphical or just wouldn't be the same digital. It would be nice to have the lorebooks and other lore all in one place though and organised and relevant ones cross referenced and with beautiful illustrations.
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TES are video games, let them stay as video game... Don't look down on video games.

Artworks and expanded anecdotes on a book? sure.

But lore? Definitely not.
    Lore bibles are for short-sighted universes, and TES is not.
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • Inyhel
    Inyhel
    ✭✭✭
    TES are video games, let them stay as video game... Don't look down on video games.

Sorry I'm not sure what you mean by "don't look down on video games". That makes no sense whatsoever in the context of this topic.
    I'm not sure what a "lore bible" is either but the Elder Scrolls games are full of lore books and denying that they contribute to the depth, history and mythology of the series is completely illogical. Maybe it's because English is not your first language but I'm having a hard time deciphering what you mean exactly, apologies if I've misunderstood.
  • Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already own a few of the books. Honestly I wish they had released more.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
    Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus
  • Jackey
    Jackey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe, not sure
    I already have Tales of Tamriel 1 & 2. But a large tome with all the Elder Scrolls lore would be a cool item to have in my home somewhere.
    Sounds like an expensive piece though.
    PS | EU
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inyhel wrote: »

Sorry I'm not sure what you mean by "don't look down on video games". That makes no sense whatsoever in the context of this topic.
    I'm not sure what a "lore bible" is either but the Elder Scrolls games are full of lore books and denying that they contribute to the depth, history and mythology of the series is completely illogical. Maybe it's because English is not your first language but I'm having a hard time deciphering what you mean exactly, apologies if I've misunderstood.

I mean some people despise video games for not being real life books of fiction and they will always put hard book lore over any in-game lore, maybe to feel cleverer than regular people or idk...
    Anyway this seem elitist and just plain wrong to me.

This matter has nothing to do with in-game books, which are virtual data already in the game, so i don’t understand your point.
    Edited by Ajaxandriel on August 24, 2020 8:30PM
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would love a book like this but need to be available in multiple language, I'm a bit tired to read everything in english u_u.
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not likely. I don't want to bother with something just because its merchandise. I mean, what would it be? Just stuff we already see in game, but with some of the concept art we can google any time? Unless they were going to do something really amazing and new, it would feel like a brand-endorsed money-grab. Is it lore that's really cool, that I can actually give a *** about? If so, why isn't it in game?
  • Aorcain
    Aorcain
    ✭✭
    Yes, but only if the cost is reasonable ($80+)
    I guess this is mainly an individual thing, some people just like collecting stuff and there's really no point in arguing with each other.
    Personally I'd like to keep it as decoration and collection piece, I think it looks neat on a bookshelf. I already own Tales of Tamriel and Skyrim books but honestly I would prefer more books with just concept arts, illustrations and less text. xD
    Edited by Aorcain on September 11, 2020 11:37AM
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe, not sure
    if the reviews would be good I might buy it
    Awake, but at what cost