The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Has any1 tried Daedric Trickery set in PvP?

PandaPalace
PandaPalace
✭✭✭
Seems like a decent set to backbar, thinking of try to use it on my magplar

Daedric Trickery
(2 items) Adds 1206 Maximum Health
(3 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
(4 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
(5 items) While in combat dealing damage you gain one of 5 random Major Buffs for 16 seconds every 20 seconds. Eligible buffs are Expedition, Protection, Mending, Heroism, or Vitality.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my guild mates runs this set in PvP, they are finding it nice, you can also back bar it no problem
    Edited by JamieAubrey on August 9, 2020 1:01AM
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its absolute cheeks. Swap major exp for major berserk and we might have something to work with. Also, you actually have to double bar the set iirc the internal cd resets everytime you bar swap, I tested this way back when morrowind came out and I swapped off the set bonus with seconds left on the procced buff, buff expired and swapped back to the set bonus bar and didnt get a new buff for 20 seconds instead of 4 seconds. This very well may have been a bug but I dont recall having ever read a fix in parch notes.
    Edited by exeeter702 on August 9, 2020 12:18AM
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    Its absolute cheeks. Swap major exp for major berserk and we might have something to work with. Also, you actually have to double bar the set iirc the internal cd resets everytime you bar swap, I tested this way back when morrowind came out and I swapped off the set bonus with seconds left on the procced buff, buff expired and swapped back to the set bonus bar and didnt get a new buff for 20 seconds instead of 4 seconds. This very well may have been a bug but I dont recall having ever read a fix in parch notes.

You can back bar it with no problems
  • Kavar162
    Kavar162
    ✭✭
    Can't believe I never thought of trying this as a back bar set... With the new mythics, this might be something I mess around with.
  • Roztlin45
    Roztlin45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonder if this could be paired with Jorvuld's Guidance?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roztlin45 wrote: »
    Wonder if this could be paired with Jorvuld's Guidance?

Daedric Trickery does get buffed by Jorvuld’s ... but you’ll be hard-pressed to actually define a role for yourself in PvP, @Roztlin45. ;) Maybe on a support spec or purge bot.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Right now it average. But you linked buffed version from pts when it will be supa strong, so ye. It even might become meta when all malubeth users will switch to it.
  • PandaPalace
    PandaPalace
    ✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Right now it average. But you linked buffed version from pts when it will be supa strong, so ye. It even might become meta when all malubeth users will switch to it.

Oh I didn't know it was the pts version, what's the live version?

(Edit) I found it.
    Edited by PandaPalace on August 9, 2020 11:49AM
  • PandaPalace
    PandaPalace
    ✭✭✭
    Kavar162 wrote: »
    Can't believe I never thought of trying this as a back bar set... With the new mythics, this might be something I mess around with.

That's what I was thinking lol. Either the Snow Treaders or Ring of the Wild Hunt with Soulshine front bar (if pts version goes live) and Daedric Trickery backbar (if pts version goes live), idk what monster set yet.
  • CAB_Life
    CAB_Life
    Class Representative
    The issue with this set—even post patch—is that there are simply too many buffs and too much RNG. You get 3 chances per minute to get one buff out of five. I suppose if you like gambling, it’s fun, but for something like PVP where you just need a specific countermeasure at a specific time, it’s useless. Coward’s Gear and Maulbeth are better examples of buffs on command/ buffs that just work, respectively.
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I plan to, I was just going to try it out today. I am justwondering what I should do with it...

Since it's crafted I could make a tank build.

Maybe go the ulti dependence route. Poping ulties probably every 10 to 15 seconds. The rest of the time just jump around looking dumb.

I didn't buy greymoor so I don't have access to mythics.

I am probably going to do

daedric, champion
    daedric, hundings
    daedric, hulking
    daedric, ophidian
    daedric, new moon
    daedric, clever
    daedric, truth
    daedric, orgnum
    daedric, green pact
    daedric, bone pirate

What I've been thinking about is there should be a point somewhere in the build where ultis just keep coming...
    This is theoretical and may be trash in practice... but shield ulti popping every 10 seconds ....

40% chance for 20% heals, 20% chance for 20% damage reduction, 20% chance for major herorism, 20% chance for movement speed...

So about 4/5 chance to be defensive... and 1/5 chance to get major heroism... I just don't see how I can't stay up from death...

Like i said THEORETICALLY.... with champion of the hist or some tanky armor that is better...

Like i said I don't have access to mythic so there might be something out there that is far better...
  • Bradyfjord
    Bradyfjord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to like Daedric Trickery. Unfortunately, I have no control over which buff I get. If it could have some way to control it, l could use it. But, for people that like rng I suppose this set is fun. It might be a fun overland quest grinding set, I suppose, to spice things up.
    Edited by Bradyfjord on August 9, 2020 3:17PM
  • Jman100582
    Jman100582
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally ive tried it. It's not top tier by any means, but it's still not a bad set depending on the class u use it on. Would work best on stamplar, stamsorc, and stamblade imo. idk about mag, as i dont play any mag classes. The only useless buff is expedition, but i find it rarely ever procs on that
  • Maxdevil
    Maxdevil
    ✭✭✭
    Not a bad set i would say
    "Maxdevil knows much, and tells some. Maxdevil knows many things others do not."
    Pc-Na
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow I should say this, crit and high weapon damage might out do the set in any 20% healing capability...so it might not be that great afteralll...

Why have defense when you can have higher offense and heals by investing into WD and crit.
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's seems decent for PvE healer tanks.

If you get Mending or Vitality it fits perfectly.
    If you get Heroism or Protection it also helps

Only one that's a bit "meh" is expedition.