The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Thurvokun is an annoying boss fight

Playboy_Shrek
Playboy_Shrek
✭✭✭
on HM or not. this boss fight is just the hardest for a tank imo. its really hard to know what is killing you, I can't tell when the shalks apply the debuff to me or not. the aoe will sometimes appear right under you and do like 30k damage in a second. sometimes you seem to get hit by Thurvokun ice shard even tho hes turned behind and is doing aoe. I just absolutely hate this fight.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That's fine. For a lot of people it's very fun and they enjoy the more difficult fight. It's good that there's something for everyone. :) There's someone out there who loves what you hate and hates what you love. As long as all of us enjoy most of the fights, things are handled pretty well.

That said, none of the non-PUG tanks I've done the HM with have had any issues with these things, so I suspect they know/are doing something you don't.
    Edited by Raisin on August 8, 2020 6:58PM
  • Playboy_Shrek
    Playboy_Shrek
    ✭✭✭
    Raisin wrote: »
    That's fine. For a lot of people it's very fun and they enjoy the more difficult fight. It's good that there's something for everyone. :) There's someone out there who loves what you hate and hates what you love. As long as all of us enjoy most of the fights, things are handled pretty well.

That said, none of the non-PUG tanks I've done the HM with have had any issues with these things, so I suspect they know/are doing something you don't.

yeah am pretty trash at this game :(
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing I hate about this boss is the wonky telegraphs for his Ice tail attack, it hits you despite being miles away from the projected telegraph.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can cc the shalks with talons/equivalent and kite them until the dps cleave them down. They take like three seconds to kill.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or u can just run away from shalks, but make sure the boss is taunted lol
  • VioletDracolich
    VioletDracolich
    ✭✭✭
    You can cc the shalks with talons/equivalent and kite them until the dps cleave them down. They take like three seconds to kill.

They also die on their own after some time.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The boss has mainly 2 problems currently,
    1. wrong telegraphed aoe that can push you into a wall (the ice tail swipe).
    2. Not changing the shalks mechanics when introduced cc immunity on mobs.

The first making it hell for dds, the second making it hell for the tank.

Long ago non of it was like it, you could immobilize/stun/fear the shalks for eternity, essentially negating their harm because they usually die after 10~ seconds, now you are almost forced to run ice staff to slow the beetles while you kite them around boss (or put it on the way where you plan on running the f*** away from boss).

The class I found out comfiest to tank it on after the cc immunity is sorcerer, streak through your own wall of elements on boss & watch beetles come at you, just to streak back.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »

Long ago non of it was like it, you could immobilize/stun/fear the shalks for eternity, essentially negating their harm because they usually die after 10~ seconds, now you are almost forced to run ice staff to slow the beetles while you kite them around boss (or put it on the way where you plan on running the f*** away from boss).

The class I found out comfiest to tank it on after the cc immunity is sorcerer, streak through your own wall of elements on boss & watch beetles come at you, just to streak back.

Talons also work just fine, honestly.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They immobilize, but not for eternity. Not anymore.
    Edited by zvavi on August 9, 2020 11:34AM
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Ah sure, but long enough in most circumstances I guess?
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Didn't say other classes are bad :shrug: just that I find sorc the most comfortable.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Didn't say other classes are bad :shrug: just that I find sorc the most comfortable.

...And I was just adding on. Sorry then?
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

...And I was just adding on. Sorry then?

No need no need, you were 100% correct, talons r great there