The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Fix VMA.

Eliran
Eliran
✭✭✭✭✭
Honestly I am through with this broken arena, releasing those stupid perfected weapons into VMA and make us farm this broken crap all over again is such a cheap content.

85 VMA in the last 2 weeks, NOT A SINGLE FLURRY 1 HAND! NOT EVEN 1 !!!!

Why do I keep getting staves and 2 handers?!?!!?!?! wtf is this? this is no RNG, this is a pre programmed mechanic to make us keep farming that shity broken arena content all over again and again and again, I am 100% sure it scan my skills and simply don't drop it, there are limits how unlucky I can be.

Over 100 hours of my life wasted on this crap!

And not to even mention how broken the Argonian arena is, people like me with 220 MS sometimes having an IMPOSSIBLE rounds, the mushrooms spawn on me already exploding 50% of the time, why torture your player base like this? some bugs still exist from the day the game was released.

I am so fed up with this crap, exactly the same reason I quit 3 years ago, already feel like I wasted my money coming back.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can recommend doing only one run per character, so you effectively double the amount of chances for the desired drop through leaderboard rewards. This might take you longer in terms of weeks, but definitely less longer in terms of hours actually spent in the vma.

1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS didn't upgrade existing maelstrom weapons from the old vMA precisely because they wanted you farming them. And you obliged. Working as intended, I suppose.
  • Rastapasta
    Rastapasta
    ✭✭✭
    this game became a full time job
    the pleasure to play this game is gone by me
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    After they started giving out weapons in nMA, I got Cruel Flurry from three of my first four runs. 4 of the 6 pieces were even in good traits.

I have no character on whom I'd run that set.
  • OlumoGarbag
    OlumoGarbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can recommend doing only one run per character, so you effectively double the amount of chances for the desired drop through leaderboard rewards.
    ^this
    Also make sure to use an easy mode build. There are some for any stam and mag class. Makes vMA so much easier and will almost always guarantee you a leaderboard place
    class representative for the working class, non-cp, bwb and Trolling
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stage 7 (Argonian) is 100% bugged. I get the poison effect although I ve stepped out of the aoe before the mushrooms exploded.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stage 7 (Argonian) is 100% bugged. I get the poison effect although I ve stepped out of the aoe before the mushrooms exploded.

Are you dodge rolling or strafe/stepping? I've found with a lot of aoe mech, it appears the server doesn't update your position until the roll ends.
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are you dodge rolling or strafe/stepping? I've found with a lot of aoe mech, it appears the server doesn't update your position until the roll ends.

Yes.. that's the reason why people keep dying from the poison in SCP last boss.
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mairwen85 wrote: »

Roll dodge most of the time.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That may be your problem in that case.
  • GlorphNoldorin
    GlorphNoldorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha ha
    this has been happening for a very long time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2Uq52NmzfI

the game dont work
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The game has such an awful loot system. Especially if you're after dual wield weapons - you need to get lucky twice :tongue:

Absolutely nothing of value would be lost if everything was bind on equip. Supply/demand would guarantee these items sell for insanely high prices, so people happy to engage in vMA and Trials would be richly rewarded for doing so. Players without the time to spend hundreds of hours grinding for a version of their current weapons with slightly more crit rating can now just buy them, earning the gold through their preferred method. "Play how you want".
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

True, in the sense that players can run instead of dodging to ensure they're out of the AoE in time. But nowhere does the game suggest you do this, it doesn't seem to be intentional behaviour, and if it is it's pretty counter-intuitive. Dodging should be an acceptable strategy to avoid incoming damage.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »

True, in the sense that players can run instead of dodging to ensure they're out of the AoE in time. But nowhere does the game suggest you do this, it doesn't seem to be intentional behaviour, and if it is it's pretty counter-intuitive. Dodging should be an acceptable strategy to avoid incoming damage.

You're not wrong. It should work as it implies it does, but from experience, it works the way I've described--could be a bug, could be lazy design. It seems to work more specifically as mitigation vs projectiles and other single target damage, ground aoe, it lies to us. Certainly should be put straight. I remember submitting a bug report years ago for deaths in vSCP, but that doesn't appear to have progressed.
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, VMA is so far from what I consider fun that they just need to make it so you earn a token every round you clear, and once you finish, you can turn in your tokens for the prize of your choice. I get that some people enjoy it, but some rounds I just find completely unenjoyable - looking at you Argonian Behemoth.

I don't think you would take anything away from those who wanna run and run and run trying to get flawless conquerer if you just set up a shop where you could use your tokens to buy the item you want after you finish. The currency can even disappear after you purchase the item or abandon the quest so that people can't simply farm up the lower round, run it once, and buy a whole set.
  • AOECAPS
    AOECAPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Darkstorne wrote: »
    The game has such an awful loot system. Especially if you're after dual wield weapons - you need to get lucky twice :tongue:

Absolutely nothing of value would be lost if everything was bind on equip. Supply/demand would guarantee these items sell for insanely high prices, so people happy to engage in vMA and Trials would be richly rewarded for doing so. Players without the time to spend hundreds of hours grinding for a version of their current weapons with slightly more crit rating can now just buy them, earning the gold through their preferred method. "Play how you want".
    I don’t like this idea honestly if you want the gear get the gear but it would help the ole inventory if I could sell the 100+ perfected brp and maelstrom weapons
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing ESO for years, I tried it once and realized it was a waste of time. Those weapons aren't an incentive for my time end of story.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha ha
    this has been happening for a very long time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2Uq52NmzfI

the game dont work

Is it bad that all I did when I saw that was started laughing. My god that place is buggy.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Fivefivesix
    Fivefivesix
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah that argonian stage is very hard. I still haven't completed vMA yet because I can't get past it. I think I figured out what to do on the last boss when he starts his rage but I don't feel like being stressed out so to get screwed on rng anyway so whatever lol. I'll finish it one day
    United we stand, divided we fall.
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eliran wrote: »
    Honestly I am through with this broken arena, releasing those stupid perfected weapons into VMA and make us farm this broken crap all over again is such a cheap content.

85 VMA in the last 2 weeks, NOT A SINGLE FLURRY 1 HAND! NOT EVEN 1 !!!!

Why do I keep getting staves and 2 handers?!?!!?!?! wtf is this? this is no RNG, this is a pre programmed mechanic to make us keep farming that shity broken arena content all over again and again and again, I am 100% sure it scan my skills and simply don't drop it, there are limits how unlucky I can be.

Over 100 hours of my life wasted on this crap!

And not to even mention how broken the Argonian arena is, people like me with 220 MS sometimes having an IMPOSSIBLE rounds, the mushrooms spawn on me already exploding 50% of the time, why torture your player base like this? some bugs still exist from the day the game was released.

I am so fed up with this crap, exactly the same reason I quit 3 years ago, already feel like I wasted my money coming back.

C-c-c-can I have your staff ? Resto one plz :<
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ok but there shouldnt be a problem. Since I was outside the aoe the moment it exploded, I shouldnt ve been affected by the poison.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Ok but there shouldnt be a problem. Since I was outside the aoe the moment it exploded, I shouldnt ve been affected by the poison.

It's stupid, if the aoe is present when you start your roll, even though you are outside of the blast radius when it goes off, if you are not out of the roll, the server assumes your position is still in the aoe--honestly, I've observed that the server does not update your position until the roll ends in several ground aoe in both PvE and PvP. Unless you're saying the roll has ended and you have resumed the standing/idle position prior to it exploding; in which case that's a bug and I'd clip and send that as a report. Technically it's still a bug either way, as it's clearly not the behavior any of us expect when we initiate a dodge roll, even if it appears to be what actually happens (though it has been this way for a good few years).

Edited by mairwen85 on August 7, 2020 7:20PM
  • Zardayne
    Zardayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish my magden had those exploding shrooms lol...
  • jlb1705
    jlb1705
    ✭✭✭
    I've been farming for the perfected bow and perfected inferno staff and have got nothing but cruel flurry. Wish we could trade.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zardayne wrote: »
    I wish my magden had those exploding shrooms lol...

580e05f4311ac.jpg
    Edited by zvavi on August 8, 2020 12:16AM
  • shaielzafine
    shaielzafine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game is still broken. And they gave no reason why they gave away the weapons we already grinded in normal. To be honest it's just feels like they don't respect their long time players at all. I hear one of the devs loves maelstrom arena but it still has quite a lot of bugs that never got patched. Features at this point. In the time since the patch came out where I need to farm vMA for perfected weapons, I just went on FF14 and now have multiple relic weapons on there. It actually has different things to do and new fights / stages every time you want to improve the weapon and raise ilevel. and the game works properly without any big server or performance problems. I'm very happy I didn't go back to farm vMA. Scrolling through the forums has me convinced they haven't done anything worthwhile just more lip service about "fixing" and then they go nerfing things constantly
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RNG sucks so bad that I refuse to do VMA unless there's double weapon drops.
  • Eliran
    Eliran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And worst part, ZoS don't care AT ALL for bugs, they just cant be bothered to fix them, there is an input lag in the game from beta, still not fixed.

I honestly try to enjoy this game but those major bugs just ruin it everytime all over.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    But this is the 2020 model of vma. Live with it, heh.
    Edited by mairwen85 on August 9, 2020 2:31AM
  • Halen
    Halen
    Soul Shriven
    nothing is broken in vMA7 : about 2 years they changed dodging rules (all tanks remember well this pain moment in dlc dungeons). before : starting dodging = avoidance. after : ended dodge anim (at a safe place) for the same effect. if you add in this a little of lag... ouch (better is to be always as far as possible from these plants)

vMA is a funny place to play, but going there waiting for specific item always was dissapointing (now we can at least change traits...)
    Edited by Halen on August 8, 2020 3:49PM