The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Please increase the drop rate of Vile Coagulant

PucMudDofuss
PucMudDofuss
✭✭
I love housing, heck Id even admit to be a bit of an addict and usually buy any house that is up for sale but... The drop rate of Vile Coagulant deters me from buying the Bastion Sanguinaris to be honest.

Ive been farming the harrowstorms for about 8 hours strait and for my effort managed to get 9 Vile Coagulant. To start with Harrostorms are really a bit of a pain in the rear to even find, and considering you need two Vile Coagulant for one epic piece of furnishing that is just too much of a painstaking effort in my opinion.

I get you have the point that lore dictates that Harrowstorms are rare and special, fine by me and if you put your mind to it they are not that hard to find if you put your mind to it especially if you make a group for doing so. And I love the fact that unlike dolmens and geysers, they cant be soloed and this encourages people to cooperate to take them down.

However I have been farming these for days to get a stock to furnish a house in the vampiric theme and on average the drop rates are abysmal to say the least. Naturally people try to profit as much as possible on this and I am seeing lots for sale at insane prices.

Obviously you want to sell crowns, being a mainstay of your income from the game, but speaking for myself here, the fact that Vile Coagulant is so hard to find at decent price levels makes all the difference for me not to buy the latest released house.

Since you are about to make a major release DLC and patch kindly consider to at least make it a guarantied drop for daily quest reward (like shimmering sand in Elsweyr), having to pay 50K+ for a single furnishing item is just prohibitive and... no I will not buy it fully furnished ;-)
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Regarding Harrowstorm loot, yeah they need to do something with it. They are barely worth doing as it is, and they are far worse than Elsweyr dragons. And those are already dead content.

Though I was able to find all purple Vampiric furniture around 10k-20k, including the Grand Tables, Chandeliers, Lightposts, and filled bookshelves. A lot of other (blue) Vampire pieces were well below 10k. So I don't think it's that bad as 50k+ each (at least on PC EU). Although I did buy a lot of Vampiric furniture across the weeks before Bastion released. Rather than everyone swarming the traders after the release at the same time which I assume is what's happening now, driving up the prices.

• seecodenotgames
    seecodenotgames
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The prices of the furnishing plans must have dropped a lot then, because when I bought them they were in the 100-200k range (I spent quite a few million gold that week).
    Houses on PC EU (newest first)
    • 62. Sand Castles (Fogbreak Lighthouse) - A literal life size sand castle
    • 61. Riften Meadery (Old Mistveil Manor) - A new meadery has opened outside Riften
    • 60. Helene's Writing Room (Golden Gryphon Garret) - A small room for Helene to get some quiet writing time
    • 59. Picnic at Pelin (Black Vine Villa) - Based on the lore book Picnic at Pelin (A Horror Story)
    • 58. Almalexias Temple (Forsaken Stronghold) - A Dunmer Tower with a shrine to the three
    • 57. Pirate New Life For Me (Highhallow Hold) - A pirate tavern where they gift you loot
    • 56. Woodvine Cathedral (Agony's Ascent) - A living cathedral thriving in the Deadlands
    • 55. Dark Elf Town House (Quondam Indorilia) - A small and cosy town house on the edge of Mournhold
    • 54. The Secret Tower (Exorcised Coven Cottage) - A hidden mage tower in the swamps on the Hag Fen
    • 53. Knight Club (Frostvault Chasm) - A disco in a dwarven mineshaft
    • 52. Dwemer Cave City (The Erstwhile Sanctuary) - A lost dwarven city has been found deep underground
    • 51. Alinor Gryphon Aerie (Colossal Aldmeri Grotto) - A place where gryphons are trained
    • 50. The Charred Towers (Doomchar Plateau) - Deadlands themed fortress with two towers and custom furniture
    • 49. Argonian Sea Town (Tel Galen) - An Argonian sea port
    • 48. Daedric Princess Tower (Seaveil Spire) - An underwater tower dedicated to the Daedric Prince Meridia
    • 47. Fargrave Observatory (Ossa Accentium) - An observatory in the portal realm of Fargrave
    • 46. Hundings Beach House (Hundings Palatial Hall) - Beach house and hottub
    • 45. Crystal Gardens (Snugpod) - Enchanted Gardens with crystalline trees
    • 44. Dawnlight Health Spa (Princely Dawnlight Palace) - Our spa waters are revitalising and ready to heal your aching body
    • 43. Mountainside Retreat (Pariah's Pinnacle) - An orc mountainside hall with an amazing view
    • 42. Volcanic Vile Villa (Kushalit Sanctuary) - A private hollowed out volcano for all your mad alchemist needs
    • 41. Arenthian Water Temple (Strident Springs Demesne) - A relaxing water temple outside Arenthia
    • 40. Woodland Cottage (Ald Velothi Harbor House) - A house in a tree, but not a treehouse
    • 39. Winter Snow Meadhall (Enchanted Snow Globe Home) - A winter meadhall has opened to get everyone in the festive mood
    • 38. Fire and Ice Hotel (Elinhir Private Arena) - An new hotel has opened with an ice bar and a lava room
    • 37. City of Princes (Pantherfang Chapel) - Citadese is under attack from a dragon invasion. Prince Tarvia is leading the escape through the sewers.
    • 36. Dark Brotherhood Home (Stay-Moist Mansion) - A Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary found beneath an Argonian village
    • 35. Volkihar Courtyard (Velothi Reverie) - A castle courtyard modelled on the famous Volkihar Castle in Skyrim
    • 34. Rada's Summer Getaway (Potentate's Retreat) - A Redguard mansion with a dark vampiric secret in the basement
    • 33. Cascadia Wine N Dine (Sweetwater Cascades) - Vineyard and meadery with two restaurants and a chapel
    • 32. Walled Kitchen Garden (Amaya Lake Lodge) - Fresh produce and cut flowers for sale. Hot food served in a family restaurant.
    • 31. Luckycat Summerhouse (Lucky Cat Landing) - A khajiiti villa with spa and dining
    • 30. Helene's Boutique (Water's Edge) - The famous dressmaker has opened a new dress shop in town
    • 29. Alinor Garden Party (Mathiisen Manor) - A party in the flower gardens of a Altmer noble's manor
    • 28. Markarth Bath House (Stone Eagle Aerie) - A relaxing spa and bath house with an arts and craft centre
    • 27. Treeboat house (The Gorinir Estate) - No one know how an imperial ship ended up in the treetops
    • 26. Varlaisvea College (Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins) - An ancient library has been discovered deep inside an Ayleid ruin
    • 25. City on the Moon (The Orbservatory Prior) - Moonbase with housing and an inn under the stars
    • 24. Lakemire Water Gardens (Lakemire Xanmeer Manor) - Relaxing hanging gardens and a fish restaurant beneath the Xanmeer
    • 23. Hircine's Hunt Club (Hunters Glade) - A relaxing villa for werewolves to feast in the ever refilling hunting grounds
    • 22. Lost Dwarven Kingdom (Shalidor’s Shrouded Realm) - A lost Dwemer king's palace has been found in a mage's pocket realm
    • 21. Replaced with 54. The Secret Tower
    • 20. Topal Fishing Resort (Grand Topal Hideaway) - A resort in the middle of a fishing lake on a private island
    • 19. Castleton Manor (Alinor Crest Townhouse) - The home of Lord Castleton and his daughter Sonja
    • 18. Cave of BBQ N Ribs (Earthtear Cavern) - A secret rocky dome, hosts a BBQ and ribs restaurant
    • 17. Who Lived in a Shoe (The Ample Domicile) - There was an old reach witch who lived in a shoe
    • 16. Dwemer Party Tower (Hall of the Lunar Champion - Lion's Cradle) - A dwarven flying tower repurposed for parties
    • 15. A Taste of Alinor (Sleek Creek House) - A small piece of Alinor beside a creek
    • 14. Lava Submarine Base (Bastion Sanguinaris) - An evil vampire alchemy lab, accessible only via a lava submarine
    • 13. Spirit-tree Library (Wraithhome) - A library built atop an ancient forest within an ancient Daedric ruin
    • 12. Golden Beach Palace (Thieves' Oasis) - A dwarven inspired Redguard beach resort
    • 11. Mad Scientists House (Cyrodilic Jungle House) - Workshop and garage with an experimental De-lore-ean
    • 10. Big Toy House (Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery) - Two life sized doll's houses and a inn beneath the stairs
    • 9. Icy Falls Inn (Forgemaster Falls) - Two Nord lodges on a lake, serving mead and fresh fish
    • 8. Blue-ice Palace (Stillwaters Retreat) - Solitude, but on a frozen lake
    • 7. Mushroom Manor (Coldharbour Surreal Estate) - Dunmer house built from giant mushrooms
    • 6. Vampire Academy with wine bar (Daggerfall Overlook) - Come for the nibbles; stay for eternity
    • 5. Three Pillows War (Grymharth's Woe) - Re-enact the three banners war with pillow forts and floof balls
    • 4. Treefern House (Moon-sugar meadow) - Giant treefern treehouse
    • 3. Artaeum Theatre/Opera housel (Grand Psijic Manor) - Tiered Balcony
    • 2. Imperial Bridal Suite (Linchal Grand Manor) - Wedding venue with bridal suite extension
    • 1. Dragonguard Penthouse (Jode's Embrace) - 3 Extra floors, with indoor conservatory and top floor gym
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The prices of the furnishing plans must have dropped a lot then, because when I bought them they were in the 100-200k range (I spent quite a few million gold that week).
    We were talking about the prices of the furniture items, not the plans.

The items are more expensive now, because tons of people bought up all the Vampiric furniture. I saw a single Grand Table listed for 100k at a trader, lol (not sure if anbyody will actually buy that, that seems like an extreme price hike even for the Bastion buying frenzy that's going on right now). I bought my tables for around 17k-20k each, a couple of weeks after Greymore came out.
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Harrowstorm loot is very underwhelming.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Harrowstorm loot is very underwhelming.

A lot of players don’t seem to realize that you need to take out the pikes and instead just keep farming the souls, or they go for the bosses and leave the pikes to respawn. It’s disheartening to get down to the last pike and suddenly have all three back again.

Go through all that and get a few treasures to sell? Yeah.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• JHartEllis
    JHartEllis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a very bad problem as is, and it's not something that will naturally sort itself out.

Need a creative solution on this. Make Vile Coagulant available through Tel Var, AP, or Writ Vouchers. Guaranteed from dailies. Hirelings. Maybe something like a chance when Feeding kind of like Tainted Blood with Blade of Woe.
    Guild leader of Spicy Economics and Spicy Life on PC/NA
    ESO Stream Team Partner on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/jhartellis
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/JHartEllis
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/JHartEllis
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no problem with the Vile Coagulant drop rate. It’s virtually on par with/better than Culanda Lacquer. Culanda is limited to three drops a day per character currently and has been for years now.

Furthermore, there is an upcoming event which has 2x drops in Greymoor and will result in an abundance of the material.
  • JHartEllis
    JHartEllis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want 200 Culanda Lacquer, you can plan around doing dailies that take only a few minutes each, you can buy them from the guild traders in abundance (especially since they are event box loot), or you can just use Mimic Stones to generate as much as you want.

If you want 200 Vile Coagulant, other than getting 1-2 per hour randomly from Harrowstorms, you have 0 options--there are virtually none on the guild traders, and you can't generate them any alternative ways.

This style may as well not exist as is, and it makes housing look inaccessible.
    Guild leader of Spicy Economics and Spicy Life on PC/NA
    ESO Stream Team Partner on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/jhartellis
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/JHartEllis
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/JHartEllis
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JHartEllis wrote: »
    This is a very bad problem as is, and it's not something that will naturally sort itself out.

Need a creative solution on this. Make Vile Coagulant available through Tel Var, AP, or Writ Vouchers. Guaranteed from dailies. Hirelings. Maybe something like a chance when Feeding kind of like Tainted Blood with Blade of Woe.

I was astonished to find that this ISN'T a guaranteed dailies drop. That system works REALLY well. In Summeret and Elsweyr it kept the prices for the mat acceptably high/profitable while not making it impossible to just go out and get yourself. I'm INCREDIBLY disappointed in what ZOS has done here. Even moreso because the Vampiric furniture really mixes nicely with the Summerset furniture and I was really looking forward to a project utilizing them both. Now? I can't be bothered and my housing interest has taken a serious nosedive. @ZOS_GinaBruno PLEASE speak to the powers that be about this stupid state of affairs.
    Edited by MornaBaine on August 10, 2020 12:30PM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no problem with the Vile Coagulant drop rate. It’s virtually on par with/better than Culanda Lacquer. Culanda is limited to three drops a day per character currently and has been for years now.

Furthermore, there is an upcoming event which has 2x drops in Greymoor and will result in an abundance of the material.

At least the drop rate for Culanda lacquer is consistent. I can plan on doing Summerset dailies to obtain some when I craft furniture. Running 5 Harrowstorms and not getting one piece of vile coagulant is rather underwhelming.

Thanks for reminding me about a possible Greymoor event sometime though. I reckon I'll laugh the grind off til then. Being a Templar healer/DD, I can get enough damage/heals done to get through the Harrowstorm with three or four other bodies but it is a bit exhausting after a few hours. The combo of kicking my heels waiting for one to spawn and then killing my keyboard/mouse for ten minutes until the peeps realise that they must focus and AoE the wicker pikes, is not too entertaining. Especially when the game thinks spoiled food and a blue counterfeit leniency edict is actually a reward for said effort.
  • Mysanne
    Mysanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Culanda is limited to three drops a day per character

You can share the daily quests, so you can have more than 3 per day per character.
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they should at least give you one in your reward box for doing the harrowstorm daily
    Edited by volkeswagon on August 13, 2020 4:29AM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can 13 drops per day per character of Culanda lacquer. The delve and WB quests are shareable and there are 6 of them each, for a total of 12. And then ofc there is the geyser daily.

That's more than a stack a day for people with maxed out character slots, dedication, and ability to get someone to share their quests.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on August 15, 2020 6:20AM
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand the idea behind that artificial rarity. Every alchemy ingredient comes from somewhere, so why let not some mobs drop some, or at least make the droprate more reliable, or give a guaranteed drop when you hand in the harrowstorm daily. Facing harrowstorms would get more attractive that way. For what reason should I do them if not for ingredient and vampiric blueprints?

Even in the Summerset times when Culanda Laquer was not a guaranteed drop there were several options of dailies to get some. It was easier than harrowstorming Vile Coagulant.
    PC/EU
  • swankery
    swankery
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed.
    https://www.twitch.tv/swankery/ Housing Enthusiast! DDA founder/rep/Twitter@Swankery1@Swankery PC/NA https://www.youtube.com/c/swankery
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand the idea behind that artificial rarity. Every alchemy ingredient comes from somewhere, so why let not some mobs drop some, or at least make the droprate more reliable, or give a guaranteed drop when you hand in the harrowstorm daily. Facing harrowstorms would get more attractive that way. For what reason should I do them if not for ingredient and vampiric blueprints?

Even in the Summerset times when Culanda Laquer was not a guaranteed drop there were several options of dailies to get some. It was easier than harrowstorming Vile Coagulant.

I do not understand Vile coagulant as an alchemy reagent, same with chaurus eggs. This is the first time a reagent has also been a "style" material. However, it is too rare to waste on potions, just like chaurus eggs (not even a guaranteed drop!), and it's traits have limited alchemical value.

I'd love to see more trait stones used in styles - I have tons of them just sitting around.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on August 25, 2020 2:48AM
  • Anthony_Arndt
    Anthony_Arndt
    ✭✭✭
    I love housing, heck Id even admit to be a bit of an addict..

I've been farming the harrowstorms for about 8 hours strait and for my effort managed to get 9 Vile Coagulant...

However I have been farming these for days to get a stock to furnish a house in the vampiric theme and on average the drop rates are abysmal to say the least.

Since you are about to make a major release DLC and patch kindly consider to at least make it a guarantied drop for daily quest reward (like shimmering sand in Elsweyr)...

Same. I have, in the past, gotten way too into housing. My plan for this evening is to play with the new companion pathing.

From my point of view... you're pretty lucky. My wife and I often game together. Between the two of us, we've gotten 7 so far, total. To make curtains for my lair, I broke down and bought one. At the time I thought I was nuts to pay 2K for one. Since the Summerset Celebration, I think the cheapest I've seen them has been 6K.

As a crafter and decorator, I still buy more Shimmering Sand than I farm, but I can farm it or I can buy it. With Vile Coagulant, it's so rare and expensive, that my crafter hasn't even learned its properties.

I spent a day grinding Harrowstorms a few weekends back so I could make some decorations. And I got ZERO Vile Coagulants for the whole day. I haven't been back to Skyrim since. Took my Necromancer off to work on Cadwell's Silver instead.
    ”Fusozay Var Var”: ”Enjoy Life”
    Life is short. If you have not made love recently, please, put down this book, and take care of that with all haste. Find a wanton lass or a frisky lad, or several, in whatever combination your wise loins direct, and do not under any circumstances play hard to get. Our struggle against the colossal forces of oppression can wait.
    Good. Welcome back.
    We Khajiit live and fight together, and our struggles will not end very soon, likely not in our lifetimes. In the time we have, we do not want our closest comrades to be dour, dull, colorless, sober, and virginal. If we did, we would have joined the Thalmor.
    Do not begrudge us our lewd jokes, our bawdy, drunken nights, our moonsugar. They are the pleasures often denied to us, and so we take our good humor very seriously.
    Outfit slots are disgustingly expensive.
  • Starhorse
    Starhorse
    ✭✭
    Omg! There is totally a problem with the drop rate for Vile Coagulant! I play almost every day after work and I only have 9! You can not make much with that! What is the fun of creating if you have to grind every second of your life? This is a game, not my life, I have a job and a family, this is for fun, but this is not really that fun when I can't make anything. I can't play this game and grind for mats 12 hours a day. It's ridiculous!
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wonder if the high price of Vile Coagulant is hurting sales of Vampiric plans.

I am getting duplicates of ones I already know now and checked prices in traders in capital cities. Though prices are all over the place due to those plans being new content, I priced a couple of blue plans on the lower end at 20k. They aren’t exactly selling like hotcakes.

I don’t really want to list for less than that due to how much grinding these few plans require to obtain.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA