The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Resource Nodes

Sordidfairytale
Sordidfairytale
✭✭✭✭✭
If you've not completely looted a node/chest can you put a 30 minute cool down on looting another container in a non-instanced zone? Dying would clear the timer, so that way if you die while looting you wouldn't be penalized.
The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about if you partly loot a chest, the system puts half your current gold in it for the next person to get. Sort of like a tax on cleaning up your garbage.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Either a despawn after 5 minutes for partial looting of the chest or a “take all” only option would be preferable. Same with mat nodes.

I forgot to post about this during the Summerset event. It was great that you could get coffers from the mat nodes, but there was a lot of cherry picking that ruined the experience for me.

I got a lot of cloth nodes with only bait, and ore nodes with only iron ore.

I am certain coffers were also removed from other nodes, because occasionally the coffer drop rate would be almost non-existent, especially in the afternoon hours.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Hämähäkki
    Hämähäkki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about if you partly loot a chest, the system puts half your current gold in it for the next person to get. Sort of like a tax on cleaning up your garbage.

But what if:
    a) you don't have any gold on you while farming?
    b) you just go back to the chest and take your money back yourself?
    c) you're a troll and take all the good stuff out and put some trash back in just to flip off other players?
    TherealHämähäkki
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nodes already reset once they are interacted with. (I don't know where the misnomer that they don't has come from)

You would just see nothing where the partially looted node was you saw.

IMO this is a non-issue. I looted thousands of nodes during the summerset event, and less than a dozen of them were "partially looted". Well less than 1 in 100. And that'd during a special event that promotes farming.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Nodes already reset once they are interacted with. (I don't know where the misnomer that they don't has come from)

IMO this is a non-issue. I looted thousands of nodes during the summerset event, and less than a dozen of them were "partially looted". Well less than 1 in 100. And that'd during a special event that promotes farming.

Yes, they do reset, but they have to go through a despawn cycle and then a respawn cycle so the time is much longer than if it was just emptied by the inconsiderate farmer.

Btw how were you able to get partially looted nodes if you are saying they are not visible?
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »

Yes, they do reset, but they have to go through a despawn cycle and then a respawn cycle so the time is much longer than if it was just emptied by the inconsiderate farmer.

Btw how were you able to get partially looted nodes if you are saying they are not visible?

I'm saying if they fully looted the node, you would have seen nothing, instead of the partially looted node.

You wouldn't have even noticed you "missed" something, you just would have thought that node didn't spawn.

Edit: I loot all nodes fully. I have ESO+ and autoloot turned on. But I an cognizant that other players do not have ESO+, they may have limited inventory space. They may not own the banker and/or merchant NPCs to quickly sell and transfer items. Berating other players for not looting "junk" that would just clog their bags and cause them to have to spend their (probably limited) playtime doing their personal inventory management seems a bit hypocritical IMO.

Especially when it's not like they're leaving the node in a perpetual "half-looted" state, it resets after a few minutes regardless.

Just my two cents.
    Edited by tmbrinks on August 6, 2020 2:18PM
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm saying if they fully looted the node, you would have seen nothing, instead of the partially looted node.

You wouldn't have even noticed you "missed" something, you just would have thought that node didn't spawn.

Edit: I loot all nodes fully. I have ESO+ and autoloot turned on. But I an cognizant that other players do not have ESO+, they may have limited inventory space. They may not own the banker and/or merchant NPCs to quickly sell and transfer items. Berating other players for not looting "junk" that would just clog their bags and cause them to have to spend their (probably limited) playtime doing their personal inventory management seems a bit hypocritical IMO.

Especially when it's not like they're leaving the node in a perpetual "half-looted" state, it resets after a few minutes regardless.

Just my two cents.

Ok now I understand what you meant, but to be honest I’d rather have a node not be there then waste my time going up to it and looting it just to find some worms. All i said was that it’s inconsiderate, i never berated anybody.

I don’t have a banker or eso+, but I always loot everything because I understand its not a single player game and my decisions affect other people, not to mention even if i have to sell or delete items from my inventory I get much more from farming by looting everything so it respawns faster.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just my two cents.

Ok now I understand what you meant, but to be honest I’d rather have a node not be there then waste my time going up to it and looting it just to find some worms. All i said was that it’s inconsiderate, i never berated anybody.

I don’t have a banker or eso+, but I always loot everything because I understand its not a single player game and my decisions affect other people, not to mention even if i have to sell or delete items from my inventory I get much more from farming by looting everything so it respawns faster.

I didn't think you were... I was combining all of the responses in the thread, as well as the multitude of profanity laden rants I saw in Summerset zone chat during the event over the same matter. Should have been more clear on that point myself.
    Edited by tmbrinks on August 6, 2020 3:08PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You do you!

As someone who doesn't subscribe and who does loot all nodes and chests fully, I'll happily inform them that they forgot their [Rubedite Sword of Decon Fodder], their low level potency runestones, and made a contribution to my Summerset fishing worm stash without feeling the least bit hypocritical. I can manage my inventory without ESO+ and not leave junk behind for someone else to clean up. So can they.
    Edited by VaranisArano on August 6, 2020 5:00PM
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want the 1st place price, get there 1st. Get there 2nd and you get what's left over.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nodes get reset? This is the first time I have heard this. How is it that I see so many that aren’t? What timeframe are we talking about?

BTW I love it when people trash my argument because they have a different experience than I do - and they are on a different platform and server.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But what if:
    c) you're a troll and take all the good stuff out and put some trash back in just to flip off other players?

a) You don't have any gold at all? Well in that case you get to leave a partially looted chest. Keep in mind every chest has some gold in it. You can either leave all that gold there or loot the gold (and not the items) and it puts half that gold back as your "tax"

b) You can take your money when you take everything else, just like anyone else can. If you want to leave your gold there along with the items, you're welcome to do so. If you take just the gold (again), it will deposit half of your new current gold total back in the box, so you're right back where you were until you take the rest of the stuff.

c) You can take all the good stuff out (good is relative here) but it will still put half your current carried gold back in there unless you take everything. You can't just put stuff from your bag into the chest. It doesn't work that way.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nodes get reset? This is the first time I have heard this. How is it that I see so many that aren’t? What timeframe are we talking about?

BTW I love it when people trash my argument because they have a different experience than I do - and they are on a different platform and server.

From the people who tested it, opened chests respawn after 10 minutes. I'd guess that nodes are similar?

I always figured ten minutes is a long time to assume no one else will find your trash and be annoyed by it.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can only assume this is a veiled comment towards me, since I'm pretty much the only one disagreeing in here... Sorry I don't always take the time to read the signature and/or the profile of each and every person in the thread... (Your first post wasn't even quoted by anybody, let alone me...)

Yes, the nodes reset. It's between 5 and 10 minutes. In NORMAL zones, with NORMAL farming habits, you don't even notice. As the partially looted ones almost always respawn before somebody else gets there. The only times this is an issue is during events that particularly emphasize farming (double node drops/coffers/etc, which you specifically stated), perhaps in Craglorn (people farming for nirncrux) or in newbie farming zones, where it's likely players don't even know what they're doing, or they have characters with 60 bag space, and don't even know about the bank yet.

This is a case where you literally only know about the negative result (a partially looted node that you got to before it reset) and have absolutely zero knowledge of all the partial looted nodes that DID reset before you got there. Your brain goes 'this is bad, why doesn't somebody fix this!' When I'd wager it's a very small percentage of nodes in the game, it's just amplified for those situations above.

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can only assume this is a veiled comment towards me, since I'm pretty much the only one disagreeing in here... Sorry I don't always take the time to read the signature and/or the profile of each and every person in the thread... (Your first post wasn't even quoted by anybody, let alone me...)

Yes, the nodes reset. It's between 5 and 10 minutes. In NORMAL zones, with NORMAL farming habits, you don't even notice. As the partially looted ones almost always respawn before somebody else gets there. The only times this is an issue is during events that particularly emphasize farming (double node drops/coffers/etc, which you specifically stated), perhaps in Craglorn (people farming for nirncrux) or in newbie farming zones, where it's likely players don't even know what they're doing, or they have characters with 60 bag space, and don't even know about the bank yet.

This is a case where you literally only know about the negative result (a partially looted node that you got to before it reset) and have absolutely zero knowledge of all the partial looted nodes that DID reset before you got there. Your brain goes 'this is bad, why doesn't somebody fix this!' When I'd wager it's a very small percentage of nodes in the game, it's just amplified for those situations above.

Partially looted nodes are like buying an already scratched losing lotto ticket. There was never even a chance for you to get anything good and you know it when you get that negative feeling looting it.

Nodes you don't see because they have been fully looted don't create negative feelings. They create neutral feelings.

The presence of this thread and others like it are proof that people don't like negative feelings when there are potential solutions that can hide or remove those situations. Partially looted nodes are viewed negatively by a very large percentage of the population. Even if a certain line of logic suggests it doesn't make sense to feel a certain way, it won't change how people react.
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    people that don't take everything from chests don't have ESO plus or if they leave a treasure map it's cause they already have it. Of coarse they should allow treasure maps to stack.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Based on the last times I did some dedicated Farming Circuits:

1. Resource Nodes do Respawn, based on the number of players in the zone. However, it is never longer than about 10 minutes in most cases. A heavily populated zone can respawn in about 5 minutes.
    2. Some Nodes are set to a faster respawn schedule than others, or there is an RNG component to how long the respawn timer is. The latter makes sense as foil to Bots (that does not really work)
    3. I have seen nodes respawn in as little as two minutes, not sure if they are bugged or that is normal.

If you want to see this happen right in front of you, go hang out for a while in Hollow City. It is easy to find a vantage point to observe several resource nodes at the same time. And, it is usually busy so the respawns happen faster.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This. No need to change anything. It is infrequent someone happens upon a partially looted node or chest, as tmbrinks points out, because they respawn shortly after someone interacts with them.
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Particularly looted chests are rare. I just laugh and move on. If they were frequent I would be more upset.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Perhaps we console plebs get a much longer refresh than PC.

That was my point. Our systems can’t handle that kind of refresh rate that you PC guys enjoy so maybe it’s worse for us.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• SleepyBalrog
    SleepyBalrog
    Soul Shriven
    Trust me, when you find 7 Psijic Portals during an hour ot two of gathering in Summerset (during the Summerset event), and you get nothing but Ta runes you are almost ready to strangle somebody. I have no count of how many runes nodes I got without anythinhg but Ta or Mundane Runes or how many other nodes without anything but worms / furninture mats. But the Psijic Portals were the most disappointing. That one day I ended up with about 30 of each of Ancestor Silk, Rubedo Leather and Rubedite after looting for more than an hour, on the good side my Worms stock rose by over 100 so I could go fishing for the bottles.
    And yes, some of the time I didn't find any nodes at all.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trust me, when you find 7 Psijic Portals during an hour ot two of gathering in Summerset (during the Summerset event), and you get nothing but Ta runes you are almost ready to strangle somebody. I have no count of how many runes nodes I got without anythinhg but Ta or Mundane Runes or how many other nodes without anything but worms / furninture mats. But the Psijic Portals were the most disappointing. That one day I ended up with about 30 of each of Ancestor Silk, Rubedo Leather and Rubedite after looting for more than an hour, on the good side my Worms stock rose by over 100 so I could go fishing for the bottles.
    And yes, some of the time I didn't find any nodes at all.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather have no nodes than a string of partly looted nodes.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The thing is, you can tell for sure if a chest is looted, but it is possible that players could take the Summerset event boxes out the nodes and leave the rest and you would never know if that player was the same rank in crafting as you.

We have to share nodes in instances, which is bad enough. Some players seem to delight in following you around and rushing the node just as you raise your axe or pick to take it but the lag means they already have it. At least we should be able to trust that we can obtain all the mats that node has without being cheated out of the good ones when we do access it.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Tammany
    Tammany
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make any node but chest despawn within 30 seconds of being looted.
    Fun fact with russian localisation being up i've started to find twice more half looted nodes.
    Edited by Tammany on August 10, 2020 11:58AM
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

But what if:

a) You don't have any gold at all? Well in that case you get to leave a partially looted chest. Keep in mind every chest has some gold in it. You can either leave all that gold there or loot the gold (and not the items) and it puts half that gold back as your "tax"

b) You can take your money when you take everything else, just like anyone else can. If you want to leave your gold there along with the items, you're welcome to do so. If you take just the gold (again), it will deposit half of your new current gold total back in the box, so you're right back where you were until you take the rest of the stuff.

c) You can take all the good stuff out (good is relative here) but it will still put half your current carried gold back in there unless you take everything. You can't just put stuff from your bag into the chest. It doesn't work that way.

I mean no offense here, but i can think of a at least 3 ways that this idea will cause an gold duplication exploit.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Look i fully understand the frustration of finding partially accessed nodes. It can get annoying, but to be quite honest here ZOS has set the game up to naturally cause people inventory management issues due to how items stack or don't stack. The craft bag is a MASSIVE incentive for monetization, and in reality is one of the most Overpowered features of the game.

That said why would you penalize someone who has inventory management issues? you can't assume that they are all trolls or that people just don't know any better. Personally i would rather have a partial node than no nodes. Why? because partial nodes gives me information. It tells me that there is another person in the area farming. So either i compete, or i change the route or in some cases zone.

Many people i talk to in game keep telling people that if they want good resource spawns to go to X area at X time. But really here is the deal, certain farming routes only work if there are only a few people running around an area, you want proof? Just go watch Hollow City as 20 people try to farm that alchemy circuit. To be perfectly honest, the best place to farm resources is where no one else is farming resources.

Personally, i dont rely on double resource drops, or boxes, etc. during events. It just means that if i happen to get one then great, otherwise, thats not really why im there.. with everyone else. because to me at least double rewards and double drops just accelerates the inventory management issues. which means that you will SEE MORE partial looting. That will not change, and as for the OP's suggestion, it takes less than a minute to get yourself killed in game and soul gems are plentiful. people will just die and move on.

As for the rest. if your going to go farm an event go in expecting partial nodes to happen. It will, just like if you go into PVP you will at some point die.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Testing on PTS says that the spawn and despawn timers both start when the node is opened by the first player, even if nothing is taken from the node.

Fun facts about resource nodes from my testing after One Tamriel came out. The contents of the node is not set when the node spawns. It is set when the first player opens it. The same node might appear to be different things to different players. For example, one person might see a rubedite ore node while another sees iron. The first player to open that node determines whether it contains iron or rubedite.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always thought the half node looters were bots. Never even considered that it might be a human.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I played this game for a few years before getting the eso plus sub and I never left items in a chest or node. I destroyed something in my inventory and cleaned it out each time.

It takes a little extra effort that most people wouldn’t bother with, though.

I don’t think the people who leave stuff in chests have inventory issues. They take only the gold out most times and I will see items of the same level in multiple chests in a zone. I also see others complaining in zone chat about it too.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But what if:

I mean no offense here, but i can think of a at least 3 ways that this idea will cause an gold duplication exploit.

Fair enough. The whole idea just started as a joke anyway. Nobody likes finding half looted anything. I'm sure there are solutions that would work. My idea is actually horrible for many reasons, but the idea of an inconsiderate individual leaving 500k on a node gives me a chuckle.

The idea presented that nodes should despawn faster than 10 minutes would work better. I'd say 30 seconds, but even 1 minute would be fine. If there is something you absolutely have to loot but your inventory is full, 30 seconds is more than enough time to destroy something, then pick up the thing you couldn't pick up.

Also the idea of all or nothing is an interesting one. Similar to how dig sites work. "you can't excavate unless you have 5 open spaces". Basically when you approach a chest or node, it will warn you that you need X open spaces (whatever the maximum potential is for that node) and you clear the space before it lets you loot. Then you can only loot all. You don't want some of it? You deal with it after it's yours. Still not perfect as some nodes have the potential to spawn probably 10 individual items, but I'd still rather have that than what we have now.