Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

how will tankblade do in hardmodes after losing damage mitigation?

Playboy_Shrek
Playboy_Shrek
✭✭✭
as someone who only plays one character, its tank nightblade, I done a lot of vet dlc dungeons, a few hard modes in them but not many, I can safely say that you can tank some vet trials without having to slot grim focus, but when you start doing some vet DLC dungeons and harder trials, especially on hard modes, its pretty crucial skill to have

I think removing it and not compensating for tankiness would put tank NB in the spot where its locked out of some PVE content, I don't see how you tank a lot of the harder vet DLC hardmodes with NB after. even with greedy sets and most damage mitigation you can get from them

they need to compensate it somehow. tank NB wasn't really tearing pve or pvp apart to get such a huge nerf. its as if I took green dragonblood or igneous shield and made it a pure damage skill. even then DK has a few more defensive skills to use tbh
Edited by Playboy_Shrek on August 6, 2020 1:27AM
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My frost/resto nb tank that was wearing olorime symphony ebon tanked vFV HM healer less. So I assume if I set him up properly even without that skill I would do ok. (Not even sure it was slotted at the time)
    Edited by zvavi on August 6, 2020 1:54AM
  • Feizao
    Feizao
    ✭✭✭
    roll dodge helps at least for vet dungeons. I dont trial whatsoever.
    PS4 NA lsoSO4P
    EP - Dark Elf - MagBlade Vamp
    EP - Nord - Stam/MagDk
    EP - Argonian - StamCro
    EP - Nord - StamPlar/Hybrid Healer
    AD - Khajit - StamBlade/Tank
    AD - Khajit - StormSorc/Hybrid WW
    DC - Breton - MagDen
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly as before 10% mitigation was added
  • nesakinter
    nesakinter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyron wrote: »

@Anyron Before the mitigation was added, NB tanks were a meme. Also, before the mitigation was added, NB tanks had twice as strong Dark Cloak, which got nerfed by half and the mitigation buff was sort of a compensation. Now NB tanks have none.
  • Playboy_Shrek
    Playboy_Shrek
    ✭✭✭
    Feizao wrote: »
    roll dodge helps at least for vet dungeons. I dont trial whatsoever.

honestly it would be a lot more helpful but the servers of this game are bad

my internet is great in every other game. but this gmae often does not register and ping spikes are normal.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS stated that DK is the best tank in the game, thats why they keep to nerf other tanks when they play well.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a theoritical question:
    Since 10% dmg mitigation is beeing replaced with 10% crit dmg / healing... Can it be by any means used by a nb tank ? Mainly NB sap tank ? I remember that long time ago it was a "thing". By doing some ammount of damge - you were able out-heal incoming dmg. The more mobs arround you - the more healing you got.
  • nsmurfer
    nsmurfer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a theoritical question:
    Since 10% dmg mitigation is beeing replaced with 10% crit dmg / healing... Can it be by any means used by a nb tank ? Mainly NB sap tank ? I remember that long time ago it was a "thing". By doing some ammount of damge - you were able out-heal incoming dmg. The more mobs arround you - the more healing you got.

@Tommy_The_Gun Tanks have hardly any crit.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nesakinter wrote: »
    Anyron wrote: »

@Anyron Before the mitigation was added, NB tanks were a meme. Also, before the mitigation was added, NB tanks had twice as strong Dark Cloak, which got nerfed by half and the mitigation buff was sort of a compensation. Now NB tanks have none.

... So instead of 8% hp heal every second for less than 4 seconds, you get 6% heal every second for 8 seconds, extending you minor protection uptime, healing for around 50% more and you call it twice as weak? Ok mate. Whatever.
    Edited by zvavi on August 6, 2020 9:28AM
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »
    ZOS stated that DK is the best tank in the game, thats why they keep to nerf other tanks when they play well.

Wardens said hi.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »

Wardens said hi.

Yeah dont pay any mind to that comment. It is almost always taken out of context and is very outdated. Any class that is currently statistically superior in the tank role for end game pve is in that position due to the current environmental of balance for a given patch, not because its intrinsically by design.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

Wardens said hi.

Yeah dont pay any mind to that comment. It is almost always taken out of context and is very outdated. Any class that is currently statistically superior in the tank role for end game pve is in that position due to the current environmental of balance for a given patch, not because its intrinsically by design.

Templars said hi.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Wardens said hi.

Templars said hi.

No they dont. Templars not being good tanks is a problem that requires a solution, one that zos has actively tried to address for a while, not a matter of fact to remain true throughout updates because developer reasons.
    Edited by exeeter702 on August 9, 2020 4:43PM
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wardens said hi.

Templars said hi.

No they dont. Templars not being good tanks is a problem that requires a solution, one that zos has actively tried to address for a while, not a matter of fact to remain true throughout updates because developer reasons.

Exactly my point. It is a problem for years, and patch after patch they are not addressing it.