The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Allow Combining Master Writs

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Crafting the items for 50 alchemy master writs, for example, and then turning them all in (with the inevitable error that requires a run back to the crafting station) is a big pain!

Could I please be able to combine these into a random super-master writ that would allow me to make a bunch more of one potion/poison and turn a single item in for the combined tickets? (Or whatever those are called.)

Make it be a random choice among them and become soulbound and I would be fine. It would be great to combine again as needed, but even being able to combine a set once would be very helpful here. The same would be true for enchanting and provisioning master writs, accounting for the color in enchanting.

I would even love it with the clothing/weapons ones, but I can see not wanting to avoid the motif gathering part there. Anyone can make all alchemy and enchanting ones without that, so combining them would not have to avoid something and would really help.

I think I did 50 in the last day and it was a HUGE pain.
PC
PS4/PS5
  • aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    And having done 50 you will end up booted from the server just after handing them all in. I do not see them combining individual master writs though, since they are for different items to be crafted, which you earn individually.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aussie500 wrote: »
    And having done 50 you will end up booted from the server just after handing them all in. I do not see them combining individual master writs though, since they are for different items to be crafted, which you earn individually.

?

I regularly (like once a week) turn in about 100 master writs, one after another, while using a 100% XP scroll, and I've never once been booted from the server afterwards

Not using an add-on to do it (at least directly) but just hitting I-E-E-E and repeat to hand them all in as quickly as possible.

Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

?

I regularly (like once a week) turn in about 100 master writs, one after another, while using a 100% XP scroll, and I've never once been booted from the server afterwards

Not using an add-on to do it (at least directly) but just hitting I-E-E-E and repeat to hand them all in as quickly as possible.

I do a decent pile of master writs every couple months. Maybe 50 - 100 at a time. While I don't usually have any issues, occasionally I do get booted for exceeding the "message limit". It may be related to lag or latency. Perhaps if you hit even a small lag spike, it will combine too much at once and trigger the auto boot.

I have had issues in the past with guild bank transactions. I had to limit myself to 30 motif pages moved at a time, then coming back 30 minutes later to continue the process, while moving things around. It doesn't seem to always be like that though.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don’t see how the devs could possibly allow you to combine master writs given the huge number of possible combinations that could possibly exist.

While it might sound like a good idea, the implementation might not be as easy as you think.

The easiest solution is to limit the number that you turn in at one time.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Devs d better remove the restriction for one type of writ active at a time. Then you just let the addon to do the hard work with zero errors.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t see how the devs could possibly allow you to combine master writs given the huge number of possible combinations that could possibly exist.

While it might sound like a good idea, the implementation might not be as easy as you think.

I would target combining the ones that are identical. Instead of making 8 Essence of Stamina (or whatever) let it require 32 if I have 4 of them. The combine would work perfectly fine in that case.

I would like the same combine for most surveys. I wouldn't even mind it for ones like Alchemy. I will keep the surveys with my portable banker if I don't want all the same items. I am despising the need to go way from the spawn point somehow 10-20+ times just to collect them. That is needless work for little benefit. Doing it for BS or Clothing would just multiply what you pickup with no other problems. (Multiply any ancillary stuff chance as well, if that exists.)

Eliminate the busy work so I can focus on playing the game - combat, delves, dungeons, even PvP which I don't like much but am doing questing in to get motifs.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

?

About a year ago I had this issue when stockpiling alchemy master writs to level an alt. I would pop a 150% scroll and I think I had the 100% event xp buff active too. I could get through about 20-25 writs turned in before getting booted back to the login screen.

I thought I recalled seeing somewhere (at that time) that it was a failsafe installed in the game to keep people from abusing an xp glitch that had been active around the same timeframe. Like... if you earned xp above a certain threshold within a certain amount of time it kicked you from the server.

More recently I did the same thing, albeit without the event xp buff, and had no issues.

On XB-NA.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I would target combining the ones that are identical. Instead of making 8 Essence of Stamina (or whatever) let it require 32 if I have 4 of them. The combine would work perfectly fine in that case.

I would like the same combine for most surveys. I wouldn't even mind it for ones like Alchemy. I will keep the surveys with my portable banker if I don't want all the same items. I am despising the need to go way from the spawn point somehow 10-20+ times just to collect them. That is needless work for little benefit. Doing it for BS or Clothing would just multiply what you pickup with no other problems. (Multiply any ancillary stuff chance as well, if that exists.)

Eliminate the busy work so I can focus on playing the game - combat, delves, dungeons, even PvP which I don't like much but am doing questing in to get motifs.

My point is it seems easy when you think about it, but coding up something that can produce a combined master writ for all possibilities would be complicated. I’m going to assume that you don’t have any programming experience yourself based on what you wrote.

I would suggest finding a way to deal with all of issues you have and these numerous threads you keep producing about them instead of creating more work for the devs. The rest of us have managed to do so.

If you do indeed do all of the game related things you described above, then you know there are a ton of game bugs right now that are game-breaking that need to be fixed first and haven’t yet.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

My point is it seems easy when you think about it, but coding up something that can produce a combined master writ for all possibilities would be complicated. I’m going to assume that you don’t have any programming experience yourself based on what you wrote.

I would suggest finding a way to deal with all of issues you have and these numerous threads you keep producing about them instead of creating more work for the devs. The rest of us have managed to do so.

If you do indeed do all of the game related things you described above, then you know there are a ton of game bugs right now that are game-breaking that need to be fixed first and haven’t yet.

I can't fully say how hard writing/modifying their code is, but I have written enough code to know that this is a trivial coding task in principle:

- If the items are identical, combine them and add the required item count together. The "identical" part would change as you combined them of course, but those kind of comparisons are easy. You definitely do not need special code for each case. You are just looking to combine identical items.

That said, the entire process desperately needs to be streamlined and this would just be part of it. Let me accept more than one and even stick them together so I know which ones I have in my bag (banker would be even better). Give me an option at the crafting station to make anything I can make there that I have a writ and the supplies for. Take away the need for me to write the details someplace else (I am on the PS4) and just make the item, if possible. Note it in red or such if I have it but don't know the style. Have a similar note if I am short on mats.

The precedent for this interface change would be the map changes they made that help guide you through the zone, putting many things on one screen instead of scattered about, including letting you know if you have a skyshard of lorebook already.

That would take more work, but would be very helpful and worthwhile. Having a key part of the game be so difficult is bad.

As to the threads I post: I post them when I face the problem. I have heard necroing threads is looked down upon and many have said the devs don't bother checking here anyway. The number I produce would not overwhelm anyone doing their job anyway.

I have been in development and knowing what the customer wants is vitally important. Why should it be ignored here?

Arguing that they should fix bugs instead is a false argument as well. The bugs will be here with our without these enhancements. Quality of Life changes also get people to play and keep them playing.

Did they fix all the bugs before releasing Elseweyr(s) and the current chapter?
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    never mind, please delete

Edited by katanagirl1 on August 24, 2020 5:22AM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would note that I was thinking about this as I went through some things today and I am very grateful they added the map features instead of just focusing on "fixing bugs". Those are very useful. I caught a skyshard I thought I got but missed, for example.

That was a great interface change that certainly involved far more than a little effort but is something I greatly appreciated!
    PC
    PS4/PS5