The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

DLC Already Installed, right?

Skweetis
Skweetis
Soul Shriven
I am coming over from ESO XBox and wanted to confirm a few things:

If I have ESO+, then all DLC gets automatically installed. Correct?

If this is not true, how do I figure out what is installed and what isn't? Where I get a little confused here is the concept of DLC "stories".

Thanks
  • Skweetis
    Skweetis
    Soul Shriven
    Should have added .. I am coming over from Xbox to PC.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO+ on PC is a separate subscription from ESO+ on Xbox, @Skweetis ... since the player accounts are separate.

But, yes, if you subscribed to ESO+ on PC your DLC access should be automatic.

Try traveling to an open wayshrine or porting to a friend or guild in a DLC zone.

Remember that Greymoor is a direct-paid Chapter and will not become a DLC until Summer 2021.

Still having issues?

Start an Online Support ticket ... ZOS treats DLC access with pretty high priority since it's paid content.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on August 5, 2020 5:58PM
  • Skweetis
    Skweetis
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you for the reply.

And just so I am super sure, when you say:

Remember that Greymoor is a direct-paid Chapter

Does this mean that NONE of the Greymoor content is part of ESO+?

Thanks again.
  • r3turn2s3nd3r
    r3turn2s3nd3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skweetis wrote: »
    Thank you for the reply.

Does this mean that NONE of the Greymoor content is part of ESO+?

Thanks again.

Correct. You will not have access to the zone nor will you be able to scry / excavate leads. You will still however pick up leads you just can't do them.
  • Skweetis
    Skweetis
    Soul Shriven
    Ok, cool. Thanks again.

Where I was going wrong was thinking that "DLC" is an umbrella term for "all downloadable content that is not part of the base game".

Instead, it seems to be:

* DLC - a loose federation of what I will call "smaller", post-launch content + older Chapters
    * Chapters - new expansions

Something like that. It's enough for me to know what to buy :).